Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752048 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16605 on: September 20, 2021, 04:00:04 PM »

The saddest part of all is when they find the boyfriend dead and thus get no real answers - either side.  Though something does tell me the guy's parents had been told something and are keeping tight-lipped.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16606 on: September 20, 2021, 04:12:10 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/politics/immigration-senate-parliamentarian-budget-reconciliation/index.html

The Senate Parliamentarian makes a very logical and rational decision, when asked, that the immigration provisions that Biden and others might like to add to the infrastructure bill have no business there.

It shouldn't come as much of a shock, either.
And it didn't,  though Red's right wing web sources try to spin it as a major defeat.
Senate Democrats likely will not be able to include a pathway to legalization for millions of immigrants in their $3.5 trillion bill to expand the country's social safety net after new guidance from the Senate parliamentarian Sunday night.

The decision comes as a resounding rebuke to Democrats, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation.

Parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough wrote in her ruling, "Changing the law to clear the way to (Legal Permanent Resident) status is tremendous and enduring policy change that dwarfs its budgetary impact."

Famous right-wing web source-CNN.
LOL. No one questioned the factual accuracy of the news reports.
You did.
Once again, reading comprehension remains one of your many weak points.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16607 on: September 20, 2021, 04:19:04 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/19/politics/immigration-senate-parliamentarian-budget-reconciliation/index.html

The Senate Parliamentarian makes a very logical and rational decision, when asked, that the immigration provisions that Biden and others might like to add to the infrastructure bill have no business there.

And it didn't,  though Red's right wing web sources try to spin it as a major defeat.
Senate Democrats likely will not be able to include a pathway to legalization for millions of immigrants in their $3.5 trillion bill to expand the country's social safety net after new guidance from the Senate parliamentarian Sunday night.

The decision comes as a resounding rebuke to Democrats, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation.

Parliamentarian Elizabeth MacDonough wrote in her ruling, "Changing the law to clear the way to (Legal Permanent Resident) status is tremendous and enduring policy change that dwarfs its budgetary impact."

You did.
Now I see why you refuse even one iota.
You are already full.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16608 on: September 20, 2021, 04:47:53 PM »

You did.
You are already full.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16609 on: September 20, 2021, 04:55:17 PM »

You did.
You are already full.
Thanks for playing.

Because Ward has difficulty keeping his ID in order.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16610 on: September 20, 2021, 05:04:52 PM »

You did.
You are already full.
Thanks for playing.
You forgot to change posfer names again.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16611 on: September 20, 2021, 05:22:34 PM »

You did.
You are already full.
Thanks for playing.
You forgot to change posfer names again.

You have an extraneous "f" in your last post. The word is "poser."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16612 on: September 20, 2021, 07:03:17 PM »

There are several possible scenarios...
1. Girl took her own life, fragile mental state because van life / relationship had not reached her expectations, boyfriend now beside himself with grief, wandering around in the wilderness.
I recommend marriage before living together as a couple...especially in van life, which can be a lonely existence for the young even given the glorious scenery of travel.

2. Accidental death during an argument, boyfriend beside himself with grief, believing the cops will blame him, and he could be visiting the govt man's death chamber.
3. Well, there are more than 2 scenarios.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16613 on: September 20, 2021, 07:11:18 PM »

The saddest part of all is when they find the boyfriend dead and thus get no real answers - either side.  Though something does tell me the guy's parents had been told something and are keeping tight-lipped.

Not unexpected..."anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law"
I'd be off to my lawyer for advice.
Cops want to apply "hindering a police investigation"...I'd be letting them do their best.
I'd be saying nothing...many Americans say nothing at traffic stops, not interested in answering police questions and making [often-loaded]small talk.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 07:14:21 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Holly Martins

« Reply #16614 on: September 20, 2021, 08:11:01 PM »

That they didn't watch this guy more closely or have him in for tougher questioning boggles the mind.  When law enforcement acts inappropriately in terms of "rough play" this gets publicized to no end.  But when they simply flummox a case - usually crickets other than from loved ones of the victim and Nancy Grace.

You followed the case - sorry,  my mistake.   Then you know they couldn't do tougher questioning because he lawyered up the second that Petito was reported missing.   And a few days later,  he headed off into the swamp or wherever.   We don't know yet if there was "flummox" -- or just delays normal to coordinating a search.   Until Sunday there was no evidence of foul play.   

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16615 on: September 20, 2021, 08:17:26 PM »

Scott Morrison says it would have been naive not to expect France to react angrily after Australia cancelled its lucrative $90 billion submarine contract as the Prime Minister arrived in the United States for meetings with President Joe Biden and other world leaders.

Morrison, speaking after touching down at New York's John F. Kennedy Airport, said there was no way Australia could have been more transparent with the French about its plans without potentially derailing the highly sensitive plan to acquire the US and UK's nuclear-powered submarine technology.

Representatives from the 27 European Union nations will meet on Monday night (Tuesday morning AEST) in New York to discuss the "crisis" with Australia and whether to proceed with free trade discussions.
Several Australian government sources said they believed France was trying to scuttle the free trade deal to punish Australia for cancelling the submarines contract.
As well as meeting with Biden, Morrison is scheduled to meet in New York with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and the leaders of Sweden and Austria.

In her first public comments about the AUKUS pact, von de Leyen said there were "a lot of questions that have to be answered" about the trilateral partnership.
"One of our member states has been treated in a way that is not acceptable," von de Leyen said.
"We want to know what happened and why, and first of all clarify that before we keep going on with business as usual."

#####

Crikey!
ScoMo should be informing Ms von de Leyen, NATO guy Stoltenberg and the other 29 EU officials...a few "home truths".

***________________________________________________***

Ursula Gertrud von der Leyen is a German politician and physician who has been President of the European Commission since 1 December 2019.

#####

Lovely.
ScoMo should be asking her/them if NATO countries have increased their financial investment in self defence missiles, bombs, warships, air forces etc as requested by President Trump, who said they weren't paying their share and were relying too much on America for their defence.

ScoMo should be telling them that the fields of Europe/Middle East were awash with the blood of Aussie troops in WW1 and WW2 defending them from Germany and Nazi Germany.
As well as the blood of American and British troops.   the blood of the new AUKUS pact nations.
He should be TELLING them that.
He should also be telling them that Australia doesn't need their European cars, vans, trucks ..Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW, Citroen, Renault...that she has plenty of Japanese and American vehicles to buy...and if necessary will build her own cars...2 axles, 4 wheels, coal-fired engines, electric engines...all good.

Or their whipped cream in a can made in Belgium.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 08:24:49 PM by bambu. »

Holly Martins

« Reply #16616 on: September 20, 2021, 08:19:46 PM »

Bambi,  I think there's something to be said for your Scenario #2.  They fight,  she falls, she fractures,  he freaks out and flees.   

I call it the Five  F's.   (sorry,  a little black humour, but I am not diminishing the tragedy of all this)

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16617 on: September 20, 2021, 08:28:32 PM »

Bambi,  I think there's something to be said for your Scenario #2.  They fight,  she falls, she fractures,  he freaks out and flees.   

I call it the Five  F's.   (sorry,  a little black humour, but I am not diminishing the tragedy of all this)

At a glance...she should've been rescued, someone should've gotten her out of there by force if necessary, when that video of her in a fragile mental state was aired....and 'domestic violence' was mentioned.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16618 on: September 20, 2021, 08:42:56 PM »

ScoMo should give them and Ms von de Leyen this to read;

https://www.politico.eu/article/why-australia-wanted-out-of-its-french-sub-deal/

Why Australia wanted out of its French submarine deal

Canberra has signaled for months it was seeking to walk away over cost blowouts and delays.

France could have seen it coming.
Canberra signaled in June it was looking for a way out of the contract, signed in 2016 with French company DCNS (now known as Naval Group) to build 12 Barracuda submarines.

Trouble began brewing almost immediately after Canberra chose the French bid ahead of alternate designs from Germany and Japan in April 2016.

That August, before the Australian deal was formally signed but after it had been announced, the company DCNS admitted it had been hacked after 22,000 documents relating to the combat capacity of its Scorpene submarines being built in India were leaked, raising concerns about the security of its Australian project.
The Australian defense department warned the submarine-builder it wanted top-level protection for its project.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 08:54:33 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #16619 on: September 20, 2021, 08:57:08 PM »

When he announced the deal in 2016, then-Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull stressed the Barracudas would be built in Australia, with 90 percent local input, sustaining 2,800 local jobs.

But the promise of thousands of Australian jobs and a boon for local industry soon faded, too.

By 2020, Naval Group had revised the 90 percent local input figure down to 60 percent. By 2021, the French firm was pushing back against even that, saying Australian industry wasn't up to scratch.

#####

Wonder if Frenchie told the EU all that?
Pages: 1 ... 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 ... 2924