Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751761 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16740 on: September 22, 2021, 01:31:45 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-covid-summit-09-22-21/h_a5c5e93568c67075af2d9ef510747e15

Gilead Sciences said Wednesday that its late stage trial of a three-day intravenous course of the antiviral remdesivir significantly reduced the risk of non-hospitalized Covid-19 patients becoming sicker and dying.

In this trial, remdesivir, also known by its brand name, Veklury, was tested on 562 people considered high-risk for severe Covid-19 based on their health conditions and age. Half received the drug and the other half received a placebo.

The group that got the drug saw an 87% reduction in risk of hospitalization by day 28, and an 81% reduced risk of dying compared with the group that got a placebo.

The company had stopped enrolling people in the trial in April, it said,
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16741 on: September 22, 2021, 01:32:31 PM »

Antivirals.  Therapeutics.  Imagine that.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16742 on: September 22, 2021, 01:41:09 PM »

I wonder what the percentage of unvaccinated Black voters is who are Republican or Republican-leaning is.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16743 on: September 22, 2021, 01:47:59 PM »

Vaccines. Antivirals.  Therapeutics.  Imagine that.
Pretty sure no one is against finding effective treatments for COVID. But treatments won't end the pandemic. Vaccinations will.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16744 on: September 22, 2021, 01:50:25 PM »

On the border crisis

The federal government is guilty of dereliction of duty, plain and simple.  And when you are missing in action to the level that they are missing right now there is no other choice but for we the people to go do the job they should be doing.  I think they give up their right to criticize anybody if they are not going to do the job themselves.  Ask yourself this question:
 If you love America, would you allow this to go on?

-  the great JOHN RICH

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16745 on: September 22, 2021, 01:56:58 PM »

Pretty sure no one is against finding effective treatments for COVID. But treatments won't end the pandemic. Vaccinations will.

I disagree that COVID will ever be ended.

But glad you are aboard on therapeutics and prophylactic use - tell your friends

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16746 on: September 22, 2021, 02:30:36 PM »

But glad you are aboard on therapeutics and prophylactic use - tell your friends

I am on board for the vaccination

Ounce of prevention and all that.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16747 on: September 22, 2021, 02:56:53 PM »

Have you written about it - for your readers' benefit?

Holly Martins

« Reply #16748 on: September 22, 2021, 03:07:36 PM »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/columnist/2021/09/22/gabby-petito-found-missing-people-color/5798347001/

Yes.   There's a bad mental habit people out here have, when it comes to missing Lakota women and just dismissing them as "that's what Indians do,  they drink, they drug,  they abuse,  and the girl runs away and hides."   Other impoverished groups get viewed through that lens of indifference, too.   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16749 on: September 22, 2021, 03:25:59 PM »

This was a different kind of story, as was the Holloway case, which lives on today.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16750 on: September 22, 2021, 03:31:24 PM »

Everyone is in favor of treatments. Who do you think isn't?
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #16751 on: September 22, 2021, 03:33:19 PM »

On the border crisis

The federal government is guilty of dereliction of duty, plain and simple.  And when you are missing in action to the level that they are missing right now there is no other choice but for we the people to go do the job they should be doing.  I think they give up their right to criticize anybody if they are not going to do the job themselves.  Ask yourself this question:
 If you love America, would you allow this to go on?

-  the great JOHN RICH
I cannot begin to count the number of ways this is wrong. But the appeal to vigilante justice is fucked.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #16752 on: September 22, 2021, 03:34:18 PM »

No one has said covid will end,  they're saying that covid AS A PANDEMIC can end when sufficient numbers are immunized.   Only vaccines can do that, as has been the case with many other diseases.   Zoonotic viruses tend to remain endemic, like flu,  and so seasonal boosters are developed for each new variant.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #16753 on: September 22, 2021, 03:43:24 PM »

This is the art of insinuation.   Imply a false narrative that somehow vaccines aren't necessary if we have really good antivirals.   And that just stressing antivirals will somehow distract us from the reality that unvaccinated people will keep the pandemic going and result in untold numbers of dead.

This is so disgusting,  false,  illogical,  and culpably stupid that I'm going to have to make this my last post on this 20.month old topic.   There is no point in reasoning with,  or bringing facts to,  complete shitforbrains cultists.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16754 on: September 22, 2021, 03:50:38 PM »

Those who have been speaking publicly - here or in the press (TV, print) - against many drugs put forth to battle COVID-19.
Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 2924