Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 [1123] 1124 1125 ... 2925

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752957 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #16831 on: September 23, 2021, 08:08:44 PM »

What is your best guess as to when Trump strokes his way to martyrdom?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #16832 on: September 23, 2021, 08:24:34 PM »

I am from New York, ya jamoke.

A.Ham would have shot you in the ass for the shit you post.

Hamilton would have missed,  if history is any indication.  Deliberately.   :)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16833 on: September 23, 2021, 08:49:10 PM »

Hairdressers have reported that customers are experiencing new allergic reactions to hair dye after contracting Covid, as scientists investigate how the virus could be reprogramming our immune systems.

The BBC reported that the reactions, including rashes and burns, have been recorded by salons in parts of the UK.

The sky!!!

The asshole!!!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16834 on: September 23, 2021, 08:53:45 PM »

UNO, everyone is a bully, bigot or phony except for you.

heh

Read the tagline, 'Bama.

A. Hamilton may have had that practice.

This Hamilton does not.

Sure does. That's what pisses you off the most. The fact that I call a spade a spade.

You are among the most self-deceptive people here, if you think that.

And the competition is pretty stiff.

You wouldn't call yourself a spayed if you were a female cat that had been neutered.

But you sure do like to pick on the folks you would probably call spades if it were even close to likely to be tolerated.

But suit yourself, Ham. There is no more point in discussing things with you, the most self-righteous fool on the board, than there is with Ward or Kid.

You're like Trump, who proudly declared he had never needed to ask for God's forgiveness for anything as he had never transgressed.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16835 on: September 23, 2021, 09:00:15 PM »

I think "them" in place of the singular is confusing.   Saw a story in paper the other day where a person was being them-d and their-d, so it sounded like they were referring to the person and some other party who was mysteriously never identified.  At first I was wondering,  do they have a roommate? did I miss that part? until it became clear that Mona,  or whatever "their" name was,  was NB.   The usage was preferred by "them".   

My question is if Mona and others finding their identity could involve a newly formed pronoun,  rather than taking a confusing one off the shelf.   How about "vim" and "vis"  or any sound that isn't unwieldy?    "I gave vim a birthday gift.   Ve liked it a lot and decided to keep it on vis mantle... "

Folks have been trying to find an agreed upon singular non-gender specific pronoun for many decades - at least 18 of them now. Various newspapers and various dictionaries have listed them, but none has lasted very long.

Have to tell you, your objection sounds a lot like the complaints about "Ms." when it was initiated. "But it's confusing when I can't tell from the language whether they are talking about the married woman or her single daughter!"

If it was good enough for Shakespeare, Dickens, and Christie, I suspect it can pass muster in the modern world that has a hard time with using "he" clearly!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16838 on: September 23, 2021, 10:26:34 PM »

heh

Read the tagline, 'Bama.

This Hamilton does not.

Sure does. That's what pisses you off the most. The fact that I call a spade a spade.

You wouldn't call yourself a spayed if you were a female cat that had been neutered.

But you sure do like to pick on the folks you would probably call spades if it were even close to likely to be tolerated.

You realize he chose the phrase on purpose, hoping someone would call him a racist for it so he can mount his moral high horse and pretend he is a victim. It is what he lives for.

A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16839 on: September 23, 2021, 10:27:46 PM »

heh

Read the tagline, 'Bama.

Sure thing, Bama.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16840 on: September 23, 2021, 10:29:37 PM »

heh

Read the tagline, 'Bama.

This Hamilton does not.

But suit yourself, Ham. There is no more point in discussing things with you, the most self-righteous fool on the board, than there is with Ward or Kid.

You're like Trump, who proudly declared he had never needed to ask for God's forgiveness for anything as he had never transgressed.

Okay, Nanny.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16841 on: September 23, 2021, 10:41:57 PM »

heh

Read the tagline, 'Bama.

Sure thing, Bama.

You need to understand the slang you are trying to snap.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16842 on: September 23, 2021, 11:51:41 PM »

This one might even earn Kid's inane "the sky is falling" line:

https://www.economist.com/international/measures-to-prevent-the-spread-of-covid-19-have-also-fended-off-flu/21804978

It suggests that because of the low flu season and isolation, we are ripe for a major flu outbreak.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16843 on: September 24, 2021, 01:23:39 AM »

Cyber Ninjas admit the Maricopa County was.accurate and Biden won. Details to follow.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16844 on: September 24, 2021, 01:38:47 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 [1123] 1124 1125 ... 2925