Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 [1136] 1137 1138 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754028 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #17025 on: September 27, 2021, 07:19:06 PM »

So,  just to recap for those looking on:  I posted an article about Murphy, an intelligence officer,  who said that Trump did harm to US intelligence gathering and reporting,  especially as regards Russia,  and would do more harm if reelected.   

But you won't quote the article - preferring your paraphrase.  Nor would Barton.
Actually arguing Trump did harm to the FBI is kind of silly since the Agency was largely dysfunctional before he was elected and downright incompetent since.

You need to read the article.   Murphy was DHS,  not DOJ.  And he addresses the entire intelligence community, which is an array of agencies other than the FBI. 
So,  clearly, you have no idea what Murphy's comments were about and have no intention of remedying your ignorance.
I guess you missed Murphy and a 20 year career at the FBI ending in 2018

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17026 on: September 27, 2021, 07:22:19 PM »

Murphy quotes misrepresented him?   How so?  What liberties were taken?   And how does that prevent you,  STILL,  from answering a straightforward question:

Did Trump harm US intelligence gathering and reporting?   

That would be impossible.  THe US intelligence was a clusterfuck well before Trump was a candidate.

Holly Martins

« Reply #17027 on: September 27, 2021, 07:26:24 PM »

Nope,  that won't fool anyone.   Murphy spoke in his DHS capacity,  and addressed suppression of information that happened there and with other agencies he had contact with.

And the clusterfuck comment is irrelevant to the point that was specifically made in regard to pressuring agencies to alter intelligence conclusions, or suppress information in order to promote Trump's campaign platform.   

When you do that,  you are a traitor to democracy, a system that requires honest reporting of the facts.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #17028 on: September 27, 2021, 07:31:50 PM »

From a different source:

Murphy, a long-time federal law enforcement official, made headlines last year after filing a whistleblower complaint accusing Trump-appointed leaders of politicizing intelligence by withholding or downplaying threats that ran counter to Trump's political messages.

The 24-page complaint, filed in September 2020, named former Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and former acting Secretary Chad Wolf as trying to "censor or manipulate" intelligence bulletins related to Russian meddling in the presidential election and the threat of domestic white supremacist groups.

"I became a whistleblower because when I arrived at DHS in 2018, from the outset, everything that I had stood for -- you know, finding objective truth when I was in the FBI and serving in the Marines and serving the American public -- was quickly told to me that's no longer acceptable," Murphy said Sunday.

In his complaint, Murphy further accused Nielsen, Wolf and other top officials of scrambling to gather and prepare intelligence reports that aligned with Trump's public remarks in the months leading up to the 2020 election.

"There was intense pressure to try to take intelligence and fit a political narrative," Murphy said Sunday. "When I got to DHS, it was all about politics."     

Wow,  same stuff reported in Raw Story!

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-return-white-house-disaster-us-intelligence-dhs/story?id=80232566

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17029 on: September 27, 2021, 07:32:32 PM »

Nope,  that won't fool anyone.   Murphy spoke in his DHS capacity,  and addressed suppression of information that happened there and with other agencies he had contact with.

And the clusterfuck comment is irrelevant to the point that was specifically made in regard to pressuring agencies to alter intelligence conclusions, or suppress information in order to promote Trump's campaign platform.   

When you do that,  you are a traitor to democracy, a system that requires honest reporting of the facts.
Guess you missed Murphy spending 20 years in the FBI until 2018.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17030 on: September 27, 2021, 07:33:26 PM »

True believer

Looking for something better, still.  From either side.

Yeah, sure.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17031 on: September 27, 2021, 07:34:35 PM »

So,  just to recap for those looking on:  I posted an article about Murphy, an intelligence officer,  who said that Trump did harm to US intelligence gathering and reporting,  especially as regards Russia,  and would do more harm if reelected.   

But you won't quote the article - preferring your paraphrase.  Nor would Barton.

I posted the article along with a pesky pull quote.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #17032 on: September 27, 2021, 07:35:30 PM »

No,  I didn't.   Read the reply.   Murphy spoke FROM HIS EXPERIENCE AT DHS. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17033 on: September 27, 2021, 07:36:26 PM »

News Item

WASHINGTON Senate Republicans blocked a Democratic bill that would both fund the government and raise the US  borrowing limit, escalating a political showdown over  government finances just days before it runs out of money.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17034 on: September 27, 2021, 07:37:44 PM »

Oh, you mean he did not agree with his boss.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17035 on: September 27, 2021, 07:40:05 PM »

What does that to do with price of fish?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17036 on: September 27, 2021, 07:41:23 PM »

News Item

WASHINGTON Senate Republicans blocked a Democratic bill that would both fund the government and raise the US  borrowing limit, escalating a political showdown over  government finances just days before it runs out of money.

Why do you hate America?

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17037 on: September 27, 2021, 07:46:47 PM »

Oh, you mean he did not agree with his boss.

The official, Brian Murphy, who until recently was in charge of intelligence and analysis at DHS, said in a whistleblower complaint that on two occasions he was told to stand down on reporting about the Russian threat and alleged that senior officials told him to modify other intelligence reports, including about white supremacists, to bring them in line with President Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/senior-dhs-official-alleges-in-whistleblower-complaint-that-he-was-told-to-stop-providing-intelligence-analysis-on-threat-of-russian-interference/2020/09/09/9d0661c4-f2b6-11ea-b796-2dd09962649c_story.html
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 07:49:49 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17039 on: September 27, 2021, 08:08:18 PM »

....  Surely there are people getting whipped somewhere that you'd like to speak of

Excuse me but I was the one who also disputed the whipping claim,  explained why it was false,  and somehow managed to agree with both you and Ward and yet still be lumped in with others.   Fuck you,  asshole.

Oh yeah - you're the horseman

My bad

heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1134 1135 [1136] 1137 1138 ... 2926