Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754735 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #17175 on: September 29, 2021, 05:43:07 PM »

And  who people tune to on Cable News has been very profitable for Fox.

Fox - big time

Others - not so much

Fox caters to fools... like the folks who paid money to see Jim Varney movies
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17176 on: September 29, 2021, 05:50:24 PM »

Uh oh.
News from the Dollar Tree

For decades, our customers have enjoyed the thrill-of-the-hunt for

value at one dollar

we remain committed to that core proposition - but many are telling us that they also want a broader product assortment when they come to shop, said Michael Witynski, President and CEO of Dollar Tree in a statement.

We believe testing additional price points above $1 for Dollar Tree product

For Papa Joe, Nancy,Chuck, and the rest of the shit show democrats in DC this is not a  good time for reality to raise its head.

For the rest of us it is perfect timing.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17177 on: September 29, 2021, 05:53:08 PM »

Fox - big time

Others - not so much
Faux News viewership is up for the same reason MSNBC was up 2017-2020. Which Red never found a reason to mention.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #17178 on: September 29, 2021, 05:58:16 PM »

Uh oh.

value at one dollar

we remain committed to that core proposition - but many are telling us that they also want a broader product assortment when they come to shop, said Michael Witynski, President and CEO of Dollar Tree in a statement.

For Papa Joe, Nancy,Chuck, and the rest of the shit show democrats in DC this is not a  good time for reality to raise its head.
Do you take the time to understand what you quote? What does consumer demand for a broader range of product have to do with anything? I assume you think it has something to do with inflation because the idiot right wing web site you got this from said so, but that is not what Witynski said. Not at all. 99 Cent Only and Dollar General have been using that model for years.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17179 on: September 29, 2021, 05:59:03 PM »

Faux News viewership is up for the same reason MSNBC was up 2017-2020. Which Red never found a reason to mention.

When is it down?

Heh

Better talent
Better sets
Better organization, period.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 06:04:14 PM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #17180 on: September 29, 2021, 06:11:49 PM »

Fox - big time

Others - not so much

What Red also ignores is that with Trump out of office many CNN/MSNBC viewers, rightly or wrongly, no longer feel compelled to watch for details of the outrage of the day, or learn of the Trump's  latest blue state special, coup of the day.

And many Dems, in the midst of the pandemic, pre-vacc, wanted facts. So they watched CNN and MSNBC. I suspect some % of the deplorables who were scared of the virus did as well, as they knew Fox was feeding them lies.

Further with Trump off Twitter, the crazed right, returned to Fox to remain brain-washed and clueless and vacc less.

Lastly with Q kidnapped by baby-eating Clintonians, the lost sheep followers of the missing conspiratorial Nostradamus, sought guidance of Sean and Tucker to get them through the night without wetting themselves.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 06:17:23 PM by bankshot1 »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17181 on: September 29, 2021, 06:13:34 PM »

Fox - big time

Others - not so much
Actually I did.
Fox out performed MSNBC in all those years.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #17182 on: September 29, 2021, 06:15:21 PM »

Having said that, while my consumption of cable news is down year to year, I may boost my viewing on both ends of the spectrum to watch the reporting of the Dems eating each other under the big tent, and Repubs once again finding a way to limit and strangle our government and democracy.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17183 on: September 29, 2021, 06:17:21 PM »

More

The result of all of this misinformation and politicization of Covid-19 is stark. The 12 states with the highest case rate for every 100,000 people are all run by Republican governors. The 13 states with the highest hospitalization rate per 100,000 residents are all run by Republican governors. The 15 states with the highest percentage of deaths per 100,000 are all run by Republican governors.

Yet little was said of the disparity when COVID ran wild through Dem led states

Bullshit.

It was all the talk, both in general and in the White House.

The presence of the eastern blue states at the tops of the case rate and death rate charts was a regular and sustaining topic, New York in particular.

You remain a lying asshole.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #17184 on: September 29, 2021, 06:18:05 PM »

Fox News hasn't been the same since Megan Kelly departed.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17185 on: September 29, 2021, 06:18:23 PM »

She is our AOC - except I don't think Boebert has any designs on higher office.
She is about 1/3 as smart as AOC.

By what metric?

Well, they both did a lot of work in bars so they have similar work experience.

Education wise, Boebert earned a GED right before she ran office while AOC graduated Cum Laude from Boston University.

Like Obama I give AOC all credit for what she did with her collegiate opportunity while wondering about her first getting in
Why would you question their admissions, specifically?

Because he remains a lying racist asshole.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #17186 on: September 29, 2021, 06:25:50 PM »

Uh oh.

value at one dollar

Apparently Red still shops at the 5c and 10C.

Inflation is a problem. Its unfortunate that Trump's mishandling of the pandemic and the shutting down of our economy, set the table for inflationary pressures, that will  be a challenge for this admin, regulators, and the markets to deal with.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #17187 on: September 29, 2021, 06:27:58 PM »

Uh oh.

value at one dollar

Inflation is a problem. Its unfortunate that Trump's mishandling of the pandemic and the shutting down of our economy, set the table for inflationary pressures, that will  be a challenge for this admin, regulators, and the markets to deal with.
While all that is true, it literally has nothing to do with what Dollar Tree is doing.
A parrot bit me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #17188 on: September 29, 2021, 06:40:15 PM »

Uh oh.

value at one dollar

While all that is true, it literally has nothing to do with what Dollar Tree is doing.

I never been in a Dollar Tree, but just took a look at their website. I will likely never need to go into a Dollar Tree.

But I do shop, and prices are rising. i assume they are also rising for the schotkes they sell at Dollar Tree, and perhaps the $1.00 price point and profit margins are getting squeezed, or they can't keep shelves stocked with junk price at $1.00 and have to go to $1.10 or $1.25.

There are inflationary pressures, and it doesn't have to be a partisan issue, but it will be.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17189 on: September 29, 2021, 06:52:03 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1144 1145 [1146] 1147 1148 ... 2926