Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1150 1151 [1152] 1153 1154 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754405 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #17265 on: September 30, 2021, 02:53:45 PM »

He is pointing out to me how much of a waste of time it is to post such things to folks with an anti-vax mindset.

Like I said - who?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #17266 on: September 30, 2021, 02:56:05 PM »

Leftists like to use language instead of reason to "win". This is why the demonization of Manchin and Sinema is taking place. They can't rationally argue that the country should take on an excessive amount of debt

Skipping over your Left bete-noire, I will point out that no version of the social infrastructure bill calls for deficit spending.  Neither you nor Ward nor Kid has posted one jot of evidence it does because none of you have found any.   Simply returning corporate tax to pretrump levels is revenue neutral so far as the Treasury is concerned.
The bill is ALREADY a love letter to moderates.
What, for example, is the cost of the Child Tax Credit increase and how is it paid for?
Red is VERY concerned about the deficit.
Obviously you are also clueless as to what is in the bill.
Obviously you're a dolt. I know precisely what's in this bill and as always is the case with spending I don't care if it adds to the deficit.  Exactly your position on deficit spending from 2017-21.  I wonder what's changed.  You fucking hack.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 03:22:03 PM by Yankguy1 »
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17267 on: September 30, 2021, 03:07:19 PM »

"I don't care what's in the bill"

- You're a great American, Yank.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #17268 on: September 30, 2021, 03:12:56 PM »

A great American? Maybe. One who knows how to read and use quotes? Definitely.

How about you?
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17269 on: September 30, 2021, 03:13:38 PM »

Leftists like to use language instead of reason to "win". This is why the demonization of Manchin and Sinema is taking place. They can't rationally argue that the country should take on an excessive amount of debt

Skipping over your Left bete-noire, I will point out that no version of the social infrastructure bill calls for deficit spending.  Neither you nor Ward nor Kid has posted one jot of evidence it does because none of you have found any.   Simply returning corporate tax to pretrump levels is revenue neutral so far as the Treasury is concerned.
What, for example, is the cost of the Child Tax Credit increase and how is it paid for?

It costs around 110 billion a year for the big version.

Minimal theft prevention added to tax enforcement in corporations and higher brackets more than covers it

It costs less than half of what we spent per year dicking around in Afghanistan to no good effect.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17270 on: September 30, 2021, 03:23:43 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/9/30/2055288/-Give-Joe-Manchin-what-he-really-wants-A-golden-parachute-for-coal-mine-owners

If buying off a few deplorable alabastards is what it takes to fatally injure and ultimately destroy the republican party so be it.

Let us save America by getting it done.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17271 on: September 30, 2021, 03:25:11 PM »

Republicans are incapable of doing any work.

Their copious ass lard as infected all of their atrophied miswired brains.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17272 on: September 30, 2021, 03:28:12 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/9/30/2055288/-Give-Joe-Manchin-what-he-really-wants-A-golden-parachute-for-coal-mine-owners

If buying off a few deplorable alabastards is what it takes to fatally injure and ultimately destroy the republican party so be it.

Let us save America by getting it done.
Well at least he wants something tangible. As opposed to Sinema, who wants attention.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17273 on: September 30, 2021, 03:55:16 PM »

Red is VERY concerned about the deficit.
Obviously you are also clueless as to what is in the bill.
Obviously you're a dolt. I know precisely what's in this bill and as always is the case with spending I don't care if it adds to the deficit.  Exactly your position on deficit spending from 2017-21.  I wonder what's changed.  You fucking hack.
Try again.
Here is a hint.
The deficit does not matter
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 04:19:52 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17274 on: September 30, 2021, 04:00:30 PM »

How about you?

I do my best.  Wouldn't consider myself great at anything right now

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17275 on: September 30, 2021, 04:01:24 PM »

Still patiently waiting for your response to my question, RedStain Wart.

Shhhhh.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #17276 on: September 30, 2021, 04:07:06 PM »

How about you?

I do my best.  Wouldn't consider myself great at anything right now
Given how you apparently "read" and "quoted' my previous post, I'd say that "unable" would be the word to categorize your "ability" in those areas.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 04:18:27 PM by Yankguy1 »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17277 on: September 30, 2021, 04:17:50 PM »

"I don't care what's in the bill"

- You're a great American, Yank.
Shhhh
A parrot bit me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17278 on: September 30, 2021, 04:26:19 PM »

Leftists like to use language instead of reason to "win". This is why the demonization of Manchin and Sinema is taking place. They can't rationally argue that the country should take on an excessive amount of debt especially when one drills down into the infrastructure bill, so instead they're choosing to deceive the public they say they serve.

So fucked up.

Liberal lawmakers and activists are becoming more unified in their attempt to redefine the language on their terms, hoping that the public will see the outliers as more on the conservative side of the party, rather than in the middle of it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/574399-progressive-democrats-seek-to-purge-the-term-moderate

The left hates the police, but they love to police language---it's what they call progress.

Raise enough revenue in the final versions and the bills can actually shrink our debt load while growing our economy and improving our quality of life

American debt comes from from theft by the right not investment by the left

Seeing wankers argue for letting the country rot out from under us from fear of an imaginary debt bomb is like watching a diabetic chase fistfuls of red velvet cake with mighty swigs from a handle of Southern Comfort.

You do not know what is good for you Utley

Until you learn your decline and fall will only accelerate.

People in your situation shouldn't be giving advice.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1150 1151 [1152] 1153 1154 ... 2926