Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1155 1156 [1157] 1158 1159 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754413 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #17340 on: October 01, 2021, 12:23:45 PM »

Just want this guy to get a fair shake

I am seeking options from Republican side - but if Trump is the candidate - let him run and win/lose fair and square.  Let past bullshit lie.

"So what if he broke the law?!" says Law and Order Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17343 on: October 01, 2021, 12:59:12 PM »

I am seeking options from Republican side - but if Trump is the candidate - let him run and win/lose fair and square.  Let past bullshit lie.

Murky.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17344 on: October 01, 2021, 01:00:19 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17345 on: October 01, 2021, 01:03:04 PM »

Murky.

And stupid

And obvious

And well documented

Unindicted coconspirator one has done very little with his adult life besides eat shit food do his makeup and break laws.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #17347 on: October 01, 2021, 01:07:26 PM »

Do you think officials on election boards and secretaries of state and other officials who are being drummed out of office for not taking an oath of fealty to Trump -- should they get a fair shake?  Most of them just want elections to be run in a completely nonpartisan way and without partisan interference.  IOW, they are/were just doing their jobs.  How is it fair that the GOP is going after them?  Clearly, all these GOP dominated legislatures are not letting "past bullshit lie." 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17348 on: October 01, 2021, 01:09:59 PM »

Justice Beer needs betadine and bleach in case my thoughts and prayers dont finish him off.

Just hope he had enough time to share his good fortune with Thomas Alito and Barrett before he found out.

So far you have wished death on three SCOTUS Justices (all of whom are vaccined, btw) and you have once again compared the police to Nazis.

I'd say you've fulfilled your hyperbole quota for the day.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #17349 on: October 01, 2021, 01:11:12 PM »

Regarding the Democratic Partys floundering over the 3.5 trillion infrastructure bill that overwhelming majorities want, of all groups, why doesnt the party organize a kind of general strike? I think people throughout the country would walk out during a lunch break to show massive support for passing the bill, support even the GOP couldnt ignore. But the Democrats splinter their organizational efforts, reducing them to collecting money for ad campaigns or phoning congressional offices. We need a multi-million person march! Why doesnt the national party propose a large effort equal to the need and the urgency?

(from Q&A with Jen Rubin in todays Post)

Herding cats, maybe, but I like it. 
Im on the pavement

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #17350 on: October 01, 2021, 01:17:42 PM »

Someone also  asked Rubin about WTHF is Sinema's endgame and she replied

I seriously have no idea. The possibilities: 1) She is a dangerous contrarian who is in this for the fame. 2) She is in the pocket of corporate donors. 3) She is utterly inexperienced and has no idea what she is doing. Or 4) She does not know what she really wants and therefore keeps stalling for time. It may be some combination of these. Arizona voters need to let her know what they think about her apparent willingness to sink the presidents agenda.

(really appreciating Rubin's minimal use of apostrophes, which made this pull quote much easier)

I am with her on "some combination of these" - maybe 1-3. 
Im on the pavement

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17351 on: October 01, 2021, 01:46:41 PM »

Attaboy.

You're wrong of course but rock on.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17352 on: October 01, 2021, 02:00:39 PM »

Murky.

You sure are.

Holly Martins

« Reply #17353 on: October 01, 2021, 02:02:07 PM »

KC,

Most political forums do not welcome posts without reasoning, i.e. with simple contradiction.  Since you're not established as some final authority on public affairs, why should we accept your ruling on Oilcan that he's wrong "of course..." 

You also skipped his first direct question to you, on whether election officials also deserve a "fair shake." 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1155 1156 [1157] 1158 1159 ... 2926