Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754395 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #17370 on: October 01, 2021, 06:29:41 PM »

For you,  Larry...

If your posts get so clipped
It causes claustrophobia
Then its time to get hip
And induce apostrophobia.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17371 on: October 01, 2021, 06:33:45 PM »

For you,  Larry...

If your posts get so clipped
It causes claustrophobia
Then its time to get hip
And induce apostrophobia.

Yep.

Problem is I have to remember to slow down on the pithy ripostes
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #17372 on: October 01, 2021, 06:42:37 PM »

We will find out if Joe can get smart by downsizing his $3.5 T wish list and finding a middle ground that works for the "Dear Santa I want a pony and a new I phone 22 and a new Apple computer, and a Peloton, and a Tesla S, but if I have a Tesla maybe I don't need a pony, Progressives" and a nice package which protects the financial assets, and sponsors of Sen Houseboat Manchin. And who the fuck knows what Sen Sinema wants other than another 15 minutes of over exposure.

And maybe Pres. Joe will get his infrastructure bill and his reconciliation BBB plan which seems poorly named as its ripping the big tent  party to shreds.   
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 06:44:40 PM by bankshot1 »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17373 on: October 01, 2021, 06:56:48 PM »

We will find out if Joe can get smart by downsizing his $3.5 T wish list and finding a middle ground that works for the "Dear Santa I want a pony and a new I phone 22 and a new Apple computer, and a Peloton, and a Tesla S, but if I have a Tesla maybe I don't need a pony, Progressives" and a nice package which protects the financial assets, and sponsors of Sen Houseboat Manchin. And who the fuck knows what Sen Sinema wants other than another 15 minutes of over exposure.

And maybe Pres. Joe will get his infrastructure bill and his reconciliation BBB plan which seems poorly named as its ripping the big tent  party to shreds.

Two Senators and a few House recalcitrants is not ripping the big tent party to shreds.

The Progressives are not fighting Biden they are fighting for the Biden agenda which could be described as going big.

Sinema has people confused but she is a performance artist while Manchin is losing the argument and looking like a dick.

Why should Biden fold?

Hell, he should hold out for his pony.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #17374 on: October 01, 2021, 07:10:54 PM »

Two Senators and a few House recalcitrants is not ripping the big tent party to shreds.

The Progressives are not fighting Biden they are fighting for the Biden agenda which could be described as going big.

Sinema has people confused but she is a performance artist while Manchin is losing the argument and looking like a dick.

Why should Biden fold?

Larry it might have been described as big when it Sanders said $7T was a minimum but $10T was needed.

Joe then went to $4.5T and then $3.5T.

And now we are seeing a number of around $2-2.5T.

But by all means feel free to call it "big" when all the evidence reveals a different reality.

And unless some smart negotiations take place there will be nothing delivered and a lot of Dem voters will be pissed in '22.  And progressive House Dems from safe seats may have won a very pyrrhic victory sitting in Kevin McCarthy''s House.

But by all means hold out for the whole fucking $3.5T pig.

And fwiw if Joe holds out for the pony, he better get a shovel too, as pony's are shovel ready upon delivery.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17375 on: October 01, 2021, 07:20:33 PM »

Why should Biden fold?

Larry it might have been described as big when it Sanders said $7T was a minimum but $10T was needed.

Joe then went to $4.5T and then $3.5T.

And now we are seeing a number of around $2-2.5T.

But by all means feel free to call it "big" when all the evidence reveals a different reality.

And unless some smart negotiations take place there will be nothing delivered and a lot of Dem voters will be pissed in '22.  And progressive House Dems from safe seats may have won a very pyrrhic victory sitting in Kevin McCarthy''s House.

But by all means hold out for the whole fucking $3.5T pig.

And fwiw if Joe holds out for the pony, he better get a shovel too, as pony's are shovel ready upon delivery.

The top line number is a bullshit distraction.

It is what is in the bills.

That is the stuff to talk about

Also all that stuff has more than 60% approval.

Why are we bitching about this when the entire GOP is against it?

The Progressives are not fighting Biden. 95% of both Houses are with Biden who is by no means a Progressive.

But keep following the media frame of Dems in disarray.

While most of the Beltway are living in 1990s Moderateville it is 2021 and the Progressives hold the power in the party.

Meanwhile in Manchin territory the people want what Biden is selling.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/28/west-virginia-joe-biden-spending-plan-popular

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17376 on: October 01, 2021, 07:24:56 PM »

No matter how you slice $2.5 or $3.5 TRILLION is a lot of cheddar or as the sage Sen. Dirksen said you are talking real money.

My PIPE DREAM is getting tantalizingly close to reality... and it is only October .

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17377 on: October 01, 2021, 07:28:22 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17378 on: October 01, 2021, 07:51:01 PM »

Justice Beer needs betadine and bleach in case my thoughts and prayers dont finish him off.

Just hope he had enough time to share his good fortune with Thomas Alito and Barrett before he found out.

So far you have wished death on three SCOTUS Justices (all of whom are vaccined, btw) and you have once again compared the police to Nazis.

I'd say you've fulfilled your hyperbole quota for the day.

And your brain fog is keeping you very much yourself you half masticated mushroom.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17380 on: October 01, 2021, 08:52:50 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17381 on: October 01, 2021, 08:57:51 PM »

No matter how you slice $2.5 or $3.5 TRILLION is a lot of cheddar or as the sage Sen. Dirksen said you are talking real money.

My PIPE DREAM is getting tantalizingly close to reality... and it is only October .

Heh

2.5?

Absurd.

2.1 was floated yesterday morning on MSNBC - but throughout the day that subsided - as if they never said it occurred.

Wouldn't it be grand for you guys though if the 2 holdout senators were really just waiting for Joe to come in - in order to make him and the party look good?  That this whole Manchin thing was a ruse?

Dream, baby.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17382 on: October 01, 2021, 09:18:49 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17383 on: October 01, 2021, 09:28:40 PM »

Nein.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17384 on: October 01, 2021, 09:29:17 PM »

Heh

2.5?

Absurd.

2.1 was floated yesterday morning on MSNBC - but throughout the day that subsided - as if they never said it occurred.

Wouldn't it be grand for you guys though if the 2 holdout senators were really just waiting for Joe to come in - in order to make him and the party look good?  That this whole Manchin thing was a ruse?

Dream, baby.

Folks are making a bigger deal of this than it is.

the Progressives pulled a hella flex and won this round. The deadline! to vote on Monday turned to Thursday, folks are gone for the weekend and there has been no rift opened in the space time continuum.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1157 1158 [1159] 1160 1161 ... 2926