Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753619 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #17670 on: October 05, 2021, 09:32:56 PM »

Abortion also cripples many expectant fathers.  Not good for society.

Prove it.   Show us how many fathers are harmed. 

What is your definition of a father?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #17671 on: October 05, 2021, 09:35:33 PM »

In America a 42 yr old woman  can marry a 14 yr old boy, and go on a talk show with "my husband" and the boy call her " my wife".

WOW!

No. You can not.

She got knocked up by him and then did seven in prison before they married when he was over the age of consent.

Yes they can, saw them on O one day, some years ago.

If she could have married a fourteen year old she would not have landed in the big house.

Use your google machine and look up Mary LeTourneau    (sp?)

Not her, the woman I saw was a brunette, larger [not very large] woman.
The marriage was all legal.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #17672 on: October 05, 2021, 09:40:35 PM »

Massachusetts has the lowest minimum marriage age with parental consent of 14 years old for boys and 12 years old for girls. Some states have different minimum ages for males and females, with or without parental consent.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 09:45:20 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17673 on: October 05, 2021, 09:45:35 PM »

In America a 42 yr old woman  can marry a 14 yr old boy, and go on a talk show with "my husband" and the boy call her " my wife".

WOW!

No. You can not.

She got knocked up by him and then did seven in prison before they married when he was over the age of consent.

LB knows - watches all the cool shows.

And he's related to every Black American, has experienced every hardship,, and he's Jewish, too!

He's a regular Sammy Davis, Jr.

I am more Jew than Sammy Davis, Jr. My dad gave him a M1917 Colt revolver for his gun collection.

Can not help it if I am from an accomplished family and you would have fallen to pieces in my space. I irk you because I give lie to your belief of superiority.

People who don't matter, like you, don't irk me.

But nice to see you return to form.

Dad was a gun dealer, huh? Out if the trunk if the car? Or was he more sophisticated?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17674 on: October 05, 2021, 09:50:11 PM »

So Papa Joe has weaponized the DOJ to treat American parents as domestic terrorists for pushing back against school curriculums they oppose.

Merrick  Garland dutifully obeys his master. ( so much for an independent DOJ)

McConnell deserves our undying gratitude for keeping Garland off SCOTUS.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17675 on: October 05, 2021, 09:50:51 PM »

Cant you listen. man?

Larry knows EXACTLY the case you mean
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17676 on: October 05, 2021, 09:56:07 PM »

"No matter the circumstance of the pregnancy, the decision to carry on with or terminate a pregnancy should be that of the woman. To think a rapist could demand that a woman he violated must carry his child to term Is unconscionable. To think that the same would be true of a victim of incest is beyond the pale. This smacks of an attempt to turn back the clock on hard-won women's rights under the guise of saving unborn lives."

https://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/news/2021/03/07/do-fathers-have-abortion-rights/4590426001/

Right.

But what about the soon to be father - in a normal relationship/marriage?

Is the father's health at issue here?

Should be worn a condom.

Or learned to dance.

Father wants a baby that bad, he can carry it to term his own damn self.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17677 on: October 05, 2021, 09:58:26 PM »

So Papa Joe has weaponized the DOJ to treat American parents as domestic terrorists for pushing back against school curriculums they oppose.

Merrick  Garland dutifully obeys his master. ( so much for an independent DOJ)

McConnell deserves our undying gratitude for keeping Garland off SCOTUS.

Just because you drink innocent blood does not mean you wont die.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17678 on: October 05, 2021, 10:07:52 PM »

WOW!

No. You can not.

Yes they can, saw them on O one day, some years ago.

If she could have married a fourteen year old she would not have landed in the big house.

Use your google machine and look up Mary LeTourneau    (sp?)

Got some direct evidence?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17679 on: October 05, 2021, 10:10:24 PM »

Cant you listen. man?

Larry knows EXACTLY the case you mean

How come he does not post evidence of his claim?

If this was on Oprah should not be a heavy lift.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #17680 on: October 05, 2021, 10:19:08 PM »

"No matter the circumstance of the pregnancy, the decision to carry on with or terminate a pregnancy should be that of the woman. To think a rapist could demand that a woman he violated must carry his child to term Is unconscionable. To think that the same would be true of a victim of incest is beyond the pale. This smacks of an attempt to turn back the clock on hard-won women's rights under the guise of saving unborn lives."

https://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/news/2021/03/07/do-fathers-have-abortion-rights/4590426001/

Right.

But what about the soon to be father - in a normal relationship/marriage?

Are there a lot of abortions happening in a normal marriage?   

The woman carries the child,  and has to know a responsible father will step up to provide help the next twenty years.   Most abortions happen,  rightly,  in the absence of the caring responsible father.   That's why the woman gets to call the shots.   Baby comes out of her womb and she is responsible for it.

I note you still haven't provided any evidence,  beyond your anecdote (which I don't trust,  given your bias here),  that there are many men who are harmed by a woman's right to choose.   

Thanks for the chat.   We will talk again when men learn how to gestate and take on all the risks of pregnancy and single parenthood.   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17681 on: October 05, 2021, 10:23:48 PM »

Pushing back how? I am sure your right wing loony source is omitting details. In fact I know it is because the source you are mindlessly regurgitating is lying. It is an easy Google.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17682 on: October 05, 2021, 10:25:29 PM »

Barton

Numbers have come down but in 2018 about 4% of married woman pregnancies ended in legal abortion
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17683 on: October 05, 2021, 10:40:12 PM »

Pody said Wednesday that he introduced his bill after a Tennessee resident expressed concerns that fathers do not have a say over abortion under the current law. He said his bill would assure fathers' right to make a decision about an unborn child.

"I believe a father should have a right to say what's gonna be happening to that child," Pody said. "And if somebody is going to kill that child, he should be able to say, 'No, I do not want that child to be killed. I want to able to raise that child and love that child.'"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/02/18/tennessee-abortion-bill-fathers-would-get-veto-no-rape-exception/6796871002/

Everything you need to know about Pody is contained in the "no rape exception" bit.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17684 on: October 05, 2021, 10:44:56 PM »

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9474504/

More than 20 years old, but gives some numbers on married women and abortions.

It notes that most of the women had previously brought a pregnancy to term.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 ... 2926