Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1180 1181 [1182] 1183 1184 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753577 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #17716 on: October 06, 2021, 11:52:27 AM »

It's time for Democrats to choose between limited success and total failure

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/politics/democratic-dilemmas-define-biden-presidency/index.html

Why not make it for five years instead of ten?  Two trillion over five years would do a lot,  and after five years of effective social/climate reform there would likely be strong support from constituents to keep it going.
Those kind tricks are already in the 3.5 Trillion proposal.

Since there is more then 10 Trillion of work to do to repair republican degradation suffered by the United States, tricks or no, the Build Back Better package is only a small investment to begin the needed work to help the country survive long enough to let your children fulfill their ambition of spitting on your grave and cursing your rotting bones.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17717 on: October 06, 2021, 12:16:05 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17718 on: October 06, 2021, 12:18:40 PM »

Since there is more then 10 Trillion of work to do to repair republican degradation suffered by the United States

This is not a GOP-generated problem, for all that they surely have exacerbated it.

Obama and the Dems had a veto-proof majority for the better part of 2 years and did nothing about the deeply lagging infrastructure. The water system issues have been around far longer than that.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17719 on: October 06, 2021, 12:24:29 PM »

CT school sports

The dumbest thing I have ever seen - continues...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/female-athletes-demoralizing-competitions-against-biological-males
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Holly Martins

« Reply #17720 on: October 06, 2021, 12:25:22 PM »

from WaPo today

Idaho Republican Gov. Brad Little left the state Tuesday. His second-in-command, empowered with executive authority in his absence, used that power to pick an old fight.

As acting governor, Lt. Gov. Janice McGeachin (R) issued an executive order Tuesday afternoon banning state officials from requiring covid-19 vaccine passports from new or current employees. Little quickly promised to undo McGeachins order as soon as he returned from touring the U.S.-Mexico border with a group of fellow Republican governors.

This is the second time the states top two officials have battled after Little left the state and McGeachin seized the opportunity to issue an executive order in his absence. While Little attended a Republican governors conference in Nashville in May, McGeachin banned local governments from issuing mask mandates. Little, saying he wanted those local governments to have control over their communities, rescinded her order when he returned the next day.

(and you thought Washington politics was childish)
(had to remove both apostrophes and quote marks to get this to post)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17721 on: October 06, 2021, 12:27:39 PM »

Nice presser held by Manchin today

I must say if he chooses he is a very formidable foe for VP Harris in 2024.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #17722 on: October 06, 2021, 12:31:38 PM »

Nice presser held by Manchin today

I must say if he chooses he is a very formidable foe for VP Harris in 2024.
I doubt Democratic Party voters would be in the mood to nominate another 77-year old.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17723 on: October 06, 2021, 12:39:36 PM »

Nor at his age would he likely feel he could do the job - which of course didnt stop the current chief.

"I CAN'T DO THE JOB, Jill."

- Joe, doing his best Jed Bartlett

(Of course Abby saved the day - bolstered Bartlett time and again - I am sure Dr Biden is doing the same with her guy)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 12:42:03 PM by kidcarter8 »

Holly Martins

« Reply #17724 on: October 06, 2021, 12:42:03 PM »

CT school sports

The dumbest thing I have ever seen - continues...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/female-athletes-demoralizing-competitions-against-biological-males

Agree that the fairness issue isnt going away.  Its not so much that trans females are stronger but that they retain a higher ratio of fast-twitch muscle fibers which confer explosive strength that gives an advantage in some sports.  My guess is that when that differential is distinctly more than even the strongest outlier cis-female can achieve, then there needs to be some consideration of that in scoring performance.  We need to have a rational conversation on this rather than just everything getting polarized.  Trans persons should have a right to be included but that doesnt mean they shouldnt acknowledge their musculo-skeletal advantages if they are relevant to that type of sport.  I think both the Right and the Left tend to see this through a single lens of identity politics, either glorifying or dismissing. 

The story you attached doesnt bother to consider all these issues and so seems like a one-sided appeal to emotion.  You dont like it when a liberal rag like Huff does that. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17725 on: October 06, 2021, 12:44:08 PM »

from WaPo today

Idaho Republican Gov. Brad Little left the state Tuesday. His second-in-command, empowered with executive authority in his absence, used that power to pick an old fight.

Here's a link to the AP story
https://apnews.com/article/immigration-joe-biden-brad-little-idaho-mexico-673488ba46977c8c744f550eefbe9161

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17726 on: October 06, 2021, 12:48:42 PM »

This is from a couple weeks ago, but the images are striking:
https://www.usnews.com/photos/2021/09/21/photos-climate-change-in-greenland

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17727 on: October 06, 2021, 12:54:05 PM »

Since there is more then 10 Trillion of work to do to repair republican degradation suffered by the United States

This is not a GOP-generated problem, for all that they surely have exacerbated it.

Obama and the Dems had a veto-proof majority for the better part of 2 years and did nothing about the deeply lagging infrastructure. The water system issues have been around far longer than that.

Gore should have been President from 2000-2008. The Brooks brothers riot ended an empire and, unless we take republican terrorists out of government, will end a civilization.

Dems take full blame for decades treating republicans as if they could in some circumstances behave as rational adults. Republicans take much more blame in that period for never once having lived up to that very low standard.

Now republicans are going away.

The only question is to what degree we let them take us with them.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 12:58:16 PM by facilitatorn »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17728 on: October 06, 2021, 01:01:17 PM »

A true American President, defining his agenda in Michigan

"I want to set one thing straight: These bills are not about left versus right, or moderate versus progressive," Biden said, speaking a union training center in Howell. "These bills are about competitiveness versus complacency. They're about opportunity versus decay."

"To oppose these investments is to be complicit in America's decline."

« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 01:02:49 PM by facilitatorn »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1180 1181 [1182] 1183 1184 ... 2926