Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 2925

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753374 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #17731 on: October 06, 2021, 01:20:27 PM »

Taking the morning after pill is classed by some as an abortion.

So?

It shouldn't be.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #17732 on: October 06, 2021, 01:26:19 PM »

RE:  the New Hampshire "tentacled living organism" guy

His cranial cavity clearly has no living organism.  I dont think its partisan or overreaching to say this:  spreading his nonsense is hastening death for some people.  Everyone here should condemn this twit. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/05/opinion/energy-climate-iran-nuclear.html

Tom Friedman, so you can probably get this off his blog or syndication, if you run against a PW.  Talks about how we need those bridge energies, like NG and nuke.  I think hes right that if people start freezing to death and/or sitting in the dark its not going to go well for advancing the green alternatives we really need. 

ETA - fixed state
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 05:39:13 PM by Oilcan »
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #17733 on: October 06, 2021, 01:29:12 PM »

Wonder if, while were shifting to green energy sources, I should change my forum name to solarcan or windcan?  Or perhaps hydrogencan.

I guess "gascan" would be the obvious choice for now.  Sigh.

Im on the pavement

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #17734 on: October 06, 2021, 01:38:24 PM »

I'm 75, too old to be President...the job needs to be done by a younger person, someone "sharp".
Someone with young eyes, young energy levels, young brain.
Age 50 is ideal, IMO.
Enough life experience, yet not so old that "slow" is invading the body and mind.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 01:40:48 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17735 on: October 06, 2021, 01:55:52 PM »

RE:  the New Mexico "tentacled living organism" guy

His cranial cavity clearly has no living organism.  I dont think its partisan or overreaching to say this:  spreading his nonsense is hastening death for some people.  Everyone here should condemn this twit. 

New Hampshire
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17736 on: October 06, 2021, 01:57:24 PM »

Since there is more then 10 Trillion of work to do to repair republican degradation suffered by the United States

This is not a GOP-generated problem, for all that they surely have exacerbated it.

Obama and the Dems had a veto-proof majority for the better part of 2 years and did nothing about the deeply lagging infrastructure. The water system issues have been around far longer than that.

Obama had Joe Lieberman et al holding shit back, just like Manchin and Sinema. The time wasted led to the astro turf spread of the Tea Party and the shellacking the Dems took in 2010 midterms.

Every infrastructure initiative was ridiculed even as the economy was being rescued remember the mirth about shovel ready jobs?

After 2010 the GOP closed 5he purse to everything but tax cuts. Also, remember sequestration?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17737 on: October 06, 2021, 02:02:00 PM »

Since there is more then 10 Trillion of work to do to repair republican degradation suffered by the United States

This is not a GOP-generated problem, for all that they surely have exacerbated it.

Obama and the Dems had a veto-proof majority for the better part of 2 years and did nothing about the deeply lagging infrastructure. The water system issues have been around far longer than that.

Gore should have been President from 2000-2008. The Brooks brothers riot ended an empire and, unless we take republican terrorists out of government, will end a civilization.

Dems take full blame for decades treating republicans as if they could in some circumstances behave as rational adults. Republicans take much more blame in that period for never once having lived up to that very low standard.

Now republicans are going away.

The only question is to what degree we let them take us with them.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17738 on: October 06, 2021, 02:16:46 PM »

https://www.newsweek.com/new-hampshire-gop-lawmaker-claims-covid-vaccine-contains-living-organism-tentacles-1635950

GREETINGS FROM EARTH TWO!

Weyler has said he does not regard the federal government, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or infectious diseases expert Dr. Anthony Fauci as credible sources for accurate COVID-19 information.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17739 on: October 06, 2021, 03:24:44 PM »

I'm 75, too old to be President...the job needs to be done by a younger person, someone "sharp".
Age 50 is ideal, IMO.
Enough life experience, yet not so old that "slow" is invading the body and mind.

Age has nothing to do with it. You were a useless twat by 25. You are a victim of the soft bigotry of low expectations.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17740 on: October 06, 2021, 04:02:24 PM »

Taking the morning after pill is classed by some as an abortion.

So?

It shouldn't be.

Yes, because it's not an abortion. It's also none of anyone's business but the woman who has made that decision.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17741 on: October 06, 2021, 04:04:14 PM »

Age 50 is ideal, IMO.

Age has nothing to do with it. You were a useless twat by 25. You are a victim of the soft bigotry of low expectations.

Your hard bigotry is noted, insignificant turd that you are.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #17742 on: October 06, 2021, 04:47:15 PM »

One great thing about being in Italy, is that White Christian Men are not the enemy. In the USA everyone feels like they have to fight against the White Christian Men in order to have good human rights. I do not want to be the enemy, I am not out to manipulate nor control you. I want to go live in Italy where I am not the enemy. I am tired of being the enemy, and you can have all of the great human rights you want. You do not have to fight against me in order to have good human rights.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17743 on: October 06, 2021, 04:49:04 PM »

Oh those polls,

President Joe Biden receives a negative 38 - 53 percent job approval rating, the lowest score he's received from the American people on his job performance since taking office, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea- ack) University national poll of adults released today. In Quinnipiac's last national poll released 3 weeks ago, he received a negative 42 - 50 percent job approval rating.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is the best-known leader of Congress and also the least popular, with more voters now rating her unfavorably than at any time since.Her Republican counterpart, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy has better ratings, but is much less well-known to voters.

Oilcanary

• View Profile
« Reply #17744 on: October 06, 2021, 05:40:19 PM »

RE:  the New Mexico "tentacled living organism" guy

New Hampshire

Fixed.   Jesus I need bifocals.  Thank you.
Im on the pavement

Pages: 1 ... 1181 1182 [1183] 1184 1185 ... 2925