Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 2925

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 753417 times)

Oilcanary

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #17745 on: October 06, 2021, 05:44:24 PM »

Her Republican counterpart, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy has better ratings, but is much less well-known to voters.

If he were better known he would be less popular. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17746 on: October 06, 2021, 05:44:58 PM »

RE:  the New Mexico "tentacled living organism" guy

His cranial cavity clearly has no living organism.  I dont think its partisan or overreaching to say this:  spreading his nonsense is hastening death for some people.  Everyone here should condemn this twit. 

New Hampshire

Fixed.   Jesus I need bifocals.  Thank you.

Not a problem, just figured you would prefer to know.

And I know where you can buy focals!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17747 on: October 06, 2021, 05:45:37 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #17748 on: October 06, 2021, 07:59:12 PM »

bambustate (nsw) has a new Premier (elected policital leader.)
The new Premier was elected by his ruling Party to be their leader...because dear sweet Gladys the former Premier recently had to resign because "dodgy Daryl" her politician boyfriend did some shonky deals and she got dragged into the scandal.
The new Premier is Dominic Perrottet, a 39 yr old white, heterosexual, Christian, male.
A devout Catholic with a lovely wife and 6 children.
He is not very popular with the usual suspects.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 08:05:05 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Holly Martins

« Reply #17749 on: October 06, 2021, 08:08:04 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/06/1043743240/racist-harassment-virginia-beach

What is odd is that there is no law against this harassment.   Hard to believe there is not something on the books.  I am with others who are asking if there are noise ordinances or hate crime laws that would apply.    The rally seemed like a good start but I would not necessarily frown on a late soiree with ski masks and cable cutters.     

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17750 on: October 06, 2021, 08:09:41 PM »

What is odd is that there is no law against this harassment.   Hard to believe there is not something on the books.  I am with others who are asking if there are noise ordinances or hate crime laws that would apply.    The rally seemed like a good start but I would not necessarily frown on a late soiree with ski masks and cable cutters.     

Because the practitioners of vigilantism are known for their discernment.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17751 on: October 06, 2021, 08:14:17 PM »

I'm 75, too old to be President...the job needs to be done by a younger person, someone "sharp".
Someone with young eyes, young energy levels, young brain.
Age 50 is ideal, IMO.
Enough life experience, yet not so old that "slow" is invading the body and mind.

Age has nothing to do with it. You were a useless twat by 25. You are a victim of the soft bigotry of low expectations.

Your hard bigotry is noted, insignificant turd that you are.

Since I seem to be the turd you are choking on, you have made me significant to you.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17752 on: October 06, 2021, 08:24:16 PM »

Oh those polls,

President Joe Biden receives a negative 38 - 53 percent job approval rating, the lowest score he's received from the American people on his job performance since taking office, according to a Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pea- ack) University national poll of adults released today. In Quinnipiac's last national poll released 3 weeks ago, he received a negative 42 - 50 percent job approval rating.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is the best-known leader of Congress and also the least popular, with more voters now rating her unfavorably than at any time since.Her Republican counterpart, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy has better ratings, but is much less well-known to voters.

You know what polls matter? The ones concerning the infrastructure package.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17753 on: October 06, 2021, 08:31:02 PM »

This guy is dying for a confrontation but with all that surveillance he definitely has the upper hand.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #17754 on: October 06, 2021, 08:39:56 PM »

This guy is dying for a confrontation but with all that surveillance he definitely has the upper hand.

She should start up her lawnmower at the earliest legal time on Sunday morning and run it for 30 minutes outside his bedroom window.
Set off her car alarm at the same time, multiple times.
Play loud songs right back at him.
Have the kids bounce balls all day on the driveway.
Have some spotlights shining into all his windows all night and day.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Holly Martins

« Reply #17755 on: October 06, 2021, 08:43:22 PM »

The cable cutters bit was me venting.   I would not really go for that.  As Josh notes,  vigilantism has not brought out the best in people.   Stuff where a persons peace in their own home is attacked bothers me.   Seems worse somehow.

Bambi, going to war is giving this creep what he wants.  Though some fun ideas there!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17756 on: October 06, 2021, 08:48:34 PM »

Her Republican counterpart, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy has better ratings, but is much less well-known to voters.

If he were better known he would be less popular.
Well we shall soon see.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17757 on: October 06, 2021, 08:52:19 PM »

We will see as he becomes well known as a defendant for his role in the unprecedented terrorist attack on the American government he participated in on and around January 6.

Mitch McConnell seems to have some stake in the US economy after all. He must be using domestic tax havens as well as the illegal international ones.

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/10/6/2056569/-McConnell-blinks-won-t-filibuster-debt-ceiling-hike

facilitatorn

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #17759 on: October 06, 2021, 09:09:54 PM »

A congressperson who refuses to answer a subpoena from a committee of congress should be suspended from congress until he or she answers the subpoena and offers testimony.

This can be accomplished by a simple majority vote in Congress.
Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 2925