Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752636 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #17880 on: October 08, 2021, 03:53:44 PM »

I think it would be great if they all testified, even Steve BRANNON
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17881 on: October 08, 2021, 04:00:06 PM »

He gets an extra r in his name for being a rapey repulsive retard.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17882 on: October 08, 2021, 04:45:40 PM »

Speaking of rancid republican lunch meat,

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/10/8/2056860/-Michael-Flynn-has-been-accused-of-Satanism-by-QAnon

Republicans do not have the best people to send.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17883 on: October 08, 2021, 04:52:23 PM »

I think it would be great if they all testified, even Steve BRANNON

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/08/politics/trump-associates-january-6-subpoena/index.html

Bannon says Trump directed him not to testify. I hope he gets locked up for contempt while they wait for the bogus claim of executive privilege to work its way through the courts.

The Law and Order Party strikes again.

Bannon's attorney told the committee that "the executive privileges belong to President Trump" and "we must accept his direction and honor his invocation of executive privilege."

The letter from Bannon's legal team goes on to say it may be up to the courts to decide whether he is ultimately forced to cooperate -- essentially daring the House to sue or hold him in criminal contempt.

"As such, until these issues are resolved, we are unable to respond to your request for documents and testimony," wrote the lawyer, Robert Costello.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17884 on: October 08, 2021, 04:53:55 PM »

Because this is soooo much better for the children:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/10/08/schools-mask-mandate-protest-parents-students-newday-vpx.cnn

Their conduct illustrates that they don't care about the kids, just themselves.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Holly Martins

« Reply #17885 on: October 08, 2021, 05:02:23 PM »

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-aclus-rbg-tweet-shows-once-again-that-it-has-abandoned-free-speech/

ACLU fucked up with its attempt to bow to the woke.

SAD.
A stupid headline, a stupid argument and a stupid post. Saying "woke" is not an argument, Forrest.

Agree with the last,  the use of woke as some ironic dig is vacuous.   But I find quote alterations bothersome for reasons I  dont think are stupid.   ACLU did use brackets, which I appreciate, but really its best to leave her pronouns alone.
That is fair. But the ACLU  was trying to make the point that the rights underlying Roe are universal beyond gender. It has zero to do with free speech or whatever the fuck "woke" is.

True,  but they do bring up the pitfalls of quoting the dead.   I mean,  no one says that common misquote of Calvin Coolidge is censorship,  but it does effectively alter the meaning of what he said about business.   Especially when his subsequent words are omitted.   So,  while one could argue that RBGs precise wording is available in the historical record,  its also true that the naive tweet reader may come away missing a piece of the history.   If the rights behind Roe are universal, its worth saying,  but we dont  need Justice Ruth to posthumously bless the free wombs of gestating men in the 22nd century.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17886 on: October 08, 2021, 05:11:13 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/08/us/california-stealthing-condom-removal/index.html

This sure is asking for some tough accusations.

And it begs some questions about other birth control types.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17887 on: October 08, 2021, 05:12:34 PM »

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-aclus-rbg-tweet-shows-once-again-that-it-has-abandoned-free-speech/

SAD.
A stupid headline, a stupid argument and a stupid post. Saying "woke" is not an argument, Forrest.

In other words, it was a dead-on criticism. Thanks for the endorsement. Anything that you protest too much is actually loaded with logic, reason, and rings true, as the piece did.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #17888 on: October 08, 2021, 05:13:56 PM »

Speaking of white bloat bags, 

Your bigotry is once again noted, racist.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #17889 on: October 08, 2021, 05:17:20 PM »

SAD.

Agree with the last,  the use of woke as some ironic dig is vacuous.   But I find quote alterations bothersome for reasons I  dont think are stupid.   ACLU did use brackets, which I appreciate, but really its best to leave her pronouns alone.

The ACLU rewrote Ruth Bader Ginsberg's text to please the woke. It wasn't necessary, and considering the history of the ACLU defending free speech, it was abjectly hypocritical and offensive to anyone with who truly understands and promotes tolerance, let alone those of us who understand biology.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #17890 on: October 08, 2021, 05:26:50 PM »

A tree grows in Brookville, with a guy sitting in it and refusing to come down. Some locals blame the cops, of course. After all, the police convinced him to go up there, after they told him to threaten to kill his mother and after they convinced him to go punch another woman in a car. Just like they convinced Eric Garner to sell illegal products on the street, and then be sure to try to resist arrest by becoming physical with them.

It's only a matter of time before we have a sculpture of Tree Man, if the cops don't play it right, and just wait him out.

https://news.yahoo.com/man-refusing-come-down-tree-141439890.html

The dude is mentally ill. This is when you need those unemployed psych majors to come rushing in and support the cops, so no one gets hurt.

Which is why he is still in the tree. The cops don't want him to get hurt.

So, they're waiting him out.

Wonder who owns that tree?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17891 on: October 08, 2021, 05:36:34 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/10/08/schools-mask-mandate-protest-parents-students-newday-vpx.cnn

Why are always so triggered by extremists?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17892 on: October 08, 2021, 05:52:21 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17893 on: October 08, 2021, 05:53:26 PM »

Why are always so triggered by extremists?

Why are only triggered by extremists on the far side from your political beliefs instead of all of them?

Why are not bothered by assaults on children?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17894 on: October 08, 2021, 06:11:01 PM »

Please use examples of rich people getting richer on providing 8 dollar a hour jobs.
Pages: 1 ... 1191 1192 [1193] 1194 1195 ... 2924