Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 [1194] 1195 1196 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752639 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #17895 on: October 08, 2021, 06:17:06 PM »

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-aclus-rbg-tweet-shows-once-again-that-it-has-abandoned-free-speech/

ACLU fucked up with its attempt to bow to the woke.

SAD.
A stupid headline, a stupid argument and a stupid post. Saying "woke" is not an argument, Forrest.

Agree with the last,  the use of woke as some ironic dig is vacuous.   But I find quote alterations bothersome for reasons I  dont think are stupid.   ACLU did use brackets, which I appreciate, but really its best to leave her pronouns alone.

The ACLU rewrote Ruth Bader Ginsberg's text to please the woke.
No that is not why they did it. But then I realize you use "woke" to mean "my way of shutting up people I disagree with so I don't have to consider their points." You do resort to "woke" to avoid having to deal with arguments on the merits.
It wasn't necessary, and considering the history of the ACLU defending free speech, it was abjectly hypocritical and offensive to anyone with who truly understands and promotes tolerance, let alone those of us who understand biology.
It has nothing to do with free speech at all.  Not in the Constitutional sense, which is the ACLU's balliwick if you are going with the hypocritical bull. And not even colloquially. If anything it is the ACLU's free speech at issue, whether you think they are abusing the quote or not.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17896 on: October 08, 2021, 06:25:52 PM »

I think it would be great if they all testified, even Steve BRANNON

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/08/politics/trump-associates-january-6-subpoena/index.html

Bannon says Trump directed him not to testify. I hope he gets locked up for contempt while they wait for the bogus claim of executive privilege to work its way through the courts.

The Law and Order Party strikes again.

Bannon's attorney told the committee that "the executive privileges belong to President Trump" and "we must accept his direction and honor his invocation of executive privilege."

The letter from Bannon's legal team goes on to say it may be up to the courts to decide whether he is ultimately forced to cooperate -- essentially daring the House to sue or hold him in criminal contempt.

"As such, until these issues are resolved, we are unable to respond to your request for documents and testimony," wrote the lawyer, Robert Costello.

Do you remember Susan MacDougal?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17897 on: October 08, 2021, 06:28:57 PM »

Because this is soooo much better for the children:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2021/10/08/schools-mask-mandate-protest-parents-students-newday-vpx.cnn

Their conduct illustrates that they don't care about the kids, just themselves.

They do not care for themselves, much less their own kids.

They are committed to the cause.

They are the airmen on the Zeppelin
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17898 on: October 08, 2021, 06:49:34 PM »

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-aclus-rbg-tweet-shows-once-again-that-it-has-abandoned-free-speech/

ACLU fucked up with its attempt to bow to the woke.

SAD.
A stupid headline, a stupid argument and a stupid post. Saying "woke" is not an argument, Forrest.

Agree with the last,  the use of woke as some ironic dig is vacuous.   But I find quote alterations bothersome for reasons I  dont think are stupid.   ACLU did use brackets, which I appreciate, but really its best to leave her pronouns alone.
That is fair. But the ACLU  was trying to make the point that the rights underlying Roe are universal beyond gender. It has zero to do with free speech or whatever the fuck "woke" is.

True,  but they do bring up the pitfalls of quoting the dead.   I mean,  no one says that common misquote of Calvin Coolidge is censorship,  but it does effectively alter the meaning of what he said about business.   Especially when his subsequent words are omitted.   So,  while one could argue that RBGs precise wording is available in the historical record,  its also true that the naive tweet reader may come away missing a piece of the history.   If the rights behind Roe are universal, its worth saying,  but we dont  need Justice Ruth to posthumously bless the free wombs of gestating men in the 22nd century.

Yeah but you have to sell it. Especially to the suburban and rural women who lean conservative but are not hard core Evangelicals

GOP is banking on suppression and nullification to maintain power so white women gonna have to step up.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17899 on: October 08, 2021, 07:00:52 PM »

Please use examples of rich people getting richer on providing 8 dollar a hour jobs.

Art Pope

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17901 on: October 08, 2021, 07:08:41 PM »

Jen Psaki was forced to do bathroom clean-up  for Papa Joe today.

While noting that the president believes the right to free speech and to protest is sacred to our country,
Psaki insisted that Biden believes what happened to Senator Krysten Synema crossed  the line and was absolutely unacceptable

No Shit

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17902 on: October 08, 2021, 07:29:45 PM »

While noting that the president believes the right to free speech and to protest is sacred to our country,
Psaki insisted that Biden believes what happened to Senator Krysten Synema crossed  the line and was absolutely unacceptable

No Shit
It is also what he said the day it happened. Although you - or rather your right wing anger font - edited the quote to omit it.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17903 on: October 08, 2021, 07:48:03 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/08/politics/white-house-privilege-january-6-committee/index.html

Biden won't claim executive privilege on the docs subpoenaed.

Trump is trying to.

Nah, nothing to hide!

Trump sure looks guilty as sin.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17904 on: October 08, 2021, 07:52:50 PM »

No Shit
It is also what he said the day it happened. Although you - or rather your right wing anger font - edited the quote to omit it.
Then post his initial reaction  which was nothing more than
it is part of the process
Obviously so weak and embarrassing PSAKI was left to clean out The Biden latrine.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 08:23:45 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17905 on: October 08, 2021, 07:58:26 PM »

Oh!
Those Polls

Trafalgar Poll: Biden Approval Plummets Under 40 Percent, Under 30 with Independents

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17906 on: October 08, 2021, 08:04:28 PM »

-24 now on Rasmussen (23% strong approve, 47% strong dis)

A rebound from the -29 he had fallen to.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #17907 on: October 08, 2021, 08:07:46 PM »

Anaheim is 54% Latino now, and only 25% White.

http://www.anaheim.net/DocumentCenter/View/13910/Anaheim-Demographic-Profile?bidId=

And we have a lot of Asians, we have people from the Philippines, and from Vietnam, and from Taiwan, etc, Asians are 16% in Anaheim now. I have a doctor from the Philippines, he is the best doctor I have ever had.

We are only 100 miles from Mexico, so you know we have lots of Latinos. We have a lot of people from Guadalajara, and from El Salvador, and from Colombia, and from Guatemala, etc.

The main employer is Disneyland. Tourism is king in Anaheim. We need to build a high speed train between Anaheim and Las Vegas for the tourists, and the locals would like a high speed train too.

My representative at City Hall, Dr Jose Moreno attended Harvard University.

https://anaheim.net/3523/Council-Member-Jose-F-Moreno

Anaheim is a great city with great people, and the city motto is the "City of Kindness."

Our main problems are homelessness, and children living in motels instead of real homes, and we have a bad heroin problem here as our enemies are giving free heroin to our people to get them addicted. But, the OC is great and there are a lot of great people who help people, and there are programs and groups to help people. We will rise above our problems.

A lot of people around the world would consider Anaheim to be paradise. We have great weather, great restaurants, Disneyland, beautiful women, the ocean is only 15 minutes away if traffic will allow, we have great markets, and I have been here for 20 years now and I have never had a problem here. We can have swimming pool parties in the courtyard with live bands, and we have 3 big barbecues.

Here is a video of a friend's band playing at a mahi mahi taco pool party here, he was in The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and some other bands.

https://youtu.be/x4K7dnixw5I

Someone needs to build a movie studio in Anaheim, and we need to have a Barnes and Noble bookstore, and we need an Apple strore, etc, there are some things we need here.

The new construction all seems to be happening in the Platinum Triangle by Angel Stadium, there will be new towers built, and lots of new stuff. If you are looking for a construction job then that is the place to check out.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 [1194] 1195 1196 ... 2924