Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1201 1202 [1203] 1204 1205 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751875 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18030 on: October 12, 2021, 02:35:38 AM »

ScoMo might go to the climate conference in Glasgow.
If he does he'll have to spend another 2 weeks in quarantine on his return.
He's getting sick of spending time in quarantine.
WHY aren't all these conferences done virtually?

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18031 on: October 12, 2021, 02:42:46 AM »

He must be sick of you fucking Australians. A little time in quarantine is now his idea of sweet relief. If he were a better leader he would not have to go so far out of his way to hide from constituents.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18032 on: October 12, 2021, 02:44:29 AM »

http://www.dcreport.org/2021/10/05/judge-orders-investigation-of-nra-political-contributions/

Anyone who took illegal NRA blood money should face a firing squad. It should work out fine for them because as the NRA will readily tell anyone who listens, firearms are perfectly safe.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18033 on: October 12, 2021, 03:44:14 AM »

He must be sick of you fucking Australians. A little time in quarantine is now his idea of sweet relief. If he were a better leader he would not have to go so far out of his way to hide from constituents.

Why would he want to go to Glasgow and get beaten up by the climate "you must close all your coal-fired power stations NOW" emergency brigade?
He can stay home and do that.
Love all these European countries the size of postage stamps where they live off fish farms and ride bicycles everywhere who are dictating zero emissions basically now.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 03:46:52 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18034 on: October 12, 2021, 04:33:39 AM »

Good thing you have no coastal cities or population centers in Australia. If you did, you might feel the urgency a bit closer to home. It is a good thing you never experience wildfires whipped up by mighty winds.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18035 on: October 12, 2021, 09:38:18 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18036 on: October 12, 2021, 09:39:38 AM »

We have a police problem.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/11/us/dayton-ohio-police-black-paraplegic-man/index.html

"After he refused officers' orders during a traffic stop" gives a clue.
BUT, what's with cops in America, they sure seem..far too many of them, to be very aggressive, very angry, very nasty of attitude, very arrogant, and very misguided about the laws they're supposed to be enforcing.
...so I've learnt from YouTube videos and cases like this.

Get out the car!

I am a paraplegic

Get out the car NOW!

Not quite.
The officers offered several times to help the man out of the car.
They informed him that.....because of his history recorded on the computer, and the type of house he was seen exiting, the cause of the traffic stop.....they were going to have an air sniffing dog brought to the car...which would mean the man had to exit the car.
Bag containing a large sum of cash was allegedly found in the car, the sniffer dog liked the smell of the bag.
Also tiinting on car windows got a mention.
An unrestrained child was discovered in the car.

All shown on body camera video in the 12 minute footage in the link.

Heh

Funny what these pos(t)ers do not tell you.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18037 on: October 12, 2021, 09:48:10 AM »

A little late posting this one, but it is timely, still: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzmUjHiYn7I
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Holly Martins

« Reply #18038 on: October 12, 2021, 10:25:48 AM »

We have a police problem.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/11/us/dayton-ohio-police-black-paraplegic-man/index.html

"After he refused officers' orders during a traffic stop" gives a clue.
BUT, what's with cops in America, they sure seem..far too many of them, to be very aggressive, very angry, very nasty of attitude, very arrogant, and very misguided about the laws they're supposed to be enforcing.
...so I've learnt from YouTube videos and cases like this.

Get out the car!

I am a paraplegic

Get out the car NOW!

Not quite.
The officers offered several times to help the man out of the car.
They informed him that.....because of his history recorded on the computer, and the type of house he was seen exiting, the cause of the traffic stop.....they were going to have an air sniffing dog brought to the car...which would mean the man had to exit the car.
Bag containing a large sum of cash was allegedly found in the car, the sniffer dog liked the smell of the bag.
Also tiinting on car windows got a mention.
An unrestrained child was discovered in the car.

All shown on body camera video in the 12 minute footage in the link.

Heh

Funny what these pos(t)ers do not tell you.

The poster said only that we have a police problem.   And then the article describes police dragging a paraplegic from his car in a brutal manner.   What are you saying we weren't told?   

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18039 on: October 12, 2021, 10:27:03 AM »

The brand of wheelchair.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Yankguy1

• View Profile
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

Yankguy1

• View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18042 on: October 12, 2021, 01:41:04 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/10/12/republicans-on-vaccines-pushes-strategy-to-prolong-the/

Republican leaders are active terrorists in the act of mass murder. There is a moral imperative to treat them as such right now and to work out the legalities later. Start with lifetime appointed judges and justices who have halted or overturned vaccine or mask mandates, then hit the murderous republican governors and senators and keep working down.

The only good republicans are ex-republicans.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18043 on: October 12, 2021, 01:56:08 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18044 on: October 12, 2021, 02:11:29 PM »

The Catholics of Australia just had a meeting about what they can do to help to make the world a better place, and what they can do is that they can help to expand world trade with Australia, and the Australians can buy coffee from the Colombians, and they can buy chili peppers from Mexico, and they can buy tequila from Mexico, etc, and in return Australians can sell their products in Latin America, etc. Everyone can profit from world trade, and nations can charge tariffs to make money for education for the children, etc. Everyone can profit from trade, and world trade can help the children.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yes trade is good.
Trade is best done country by country.
No 1 radio host "Free trade is never free".

Tariffs...now there's a minefield.
No 1 radio host; "there should be a tariff on all goods being imported into Australia equal to the different in manufacturing costs between overseas companies and companies in Australia". [So the companies in Australia can compete and stay in business, not sent broke by cheap imports.]

Trade is good, we need to expand trade.

And tariffs are great. The USA used tariffs to fund our government until the first World War, and our Interstate Highway System was built with money from tariffs on imports. Mexicans can really use the money from tariffs on imports, and so could Colombia, world trade is good for everyone. And Australia could use the money from tariffs too, you guys could buy more water dropping aircraft to fight wild fires, and you could spend the money on other things that Australia needs. And the local companies can sell their goods at higher prices because of tariffs on imports, so everyone wins. Tariffs are a great way for poor countries like Mexico and Colombia to get money, and tariffs are a great way for people to benefit from world trade.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1201 1202 [1203] 1204 1205 ... 2924