Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752218 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18210 on: October 13, 2021, 10:44:17 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18211 on: October 13, 2021, 11:01:03 PM »

With the high murder rates in Chicago, we need to stop sending our new immigrants to Chicago, we are sending our new immigrants into poverty, violence, and death, when we send them to Chicago. It would be better to send them to peace in Nevada, there is Battle Mountain which has a full length run-way at their airport where Jumbo Jets can land, where it is only one thousand dollars per acre for land, you can buy ten acres for ten grand. And the immigrants can go to college in Elko, Nevada.

There is also Merced, California, which will have a station on the California High Speed Rail route. Merced would be a great place for the new immigrants. Merced has jobs, and the land is pretty cheap for California.

We need to stop sending our new immigrants to bad areas which have high crime. Our immigrants want peace and prosperity.

Salute,

Tony V.

Yeah, and fuck those fellow Americans, right?

No, but we cannot send the immigrants into a meat grinder. They would be better off to pick strawberries in Merced. Or to go to college in Elko. Or raise cattle in Battle Mountain.

Salute,

Tony V.

You do know that ALL of Chicago is not a mess, right?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18214 on: October 14, 2021, 01:10:02 AM »

Many Americans hate swastikas, Nazis etc, but love death chambers where the state kills human beings ...exactly what Nazi Germany did.
Cheering for death chambers doesn't bother them.
It was all barbaric when Nazi Germany did it, and it's still barbaric today.
I don't get it.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18215 on: October 14, 2021, 01:19:47 AM »

HairLime,  Are you broke?  Is that a fact?

Must be because "I only deal in facts" RSW said so!
I spent 15 minutes trying to make logic sense out of what I assume was meant as an insult. Don't know why, that is 15 minutes I will never get back. But what RedJimm meant was not that facts are free but rather to him facts are of no value, which is not quite the same thing.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18216 on: October 14, 2021, 01:21:59 AM »

All skinfolk aint kinfolk...

Pay site!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/walker-senate-georgia-nazi-swastika/2021/10/13/03ad3b1a-2c49-11ec-baf4-d7a4e075eb90_story.html

That is pretty much the only way to court republican votes these days, though no decent person would even try to do it.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18217 on: October 14, 2021, 01:28:53 AM »

Two members of the Taliban as guest speakers at the planned online forum?
Sheesh.
And people wonder why the wild colonial Christian etc boys/girls patriots, some with Southern Cross stars tattoos get all fired up, like at Cronulla and riot.
Didn't take new Premier Dom Perrottet long to act once he found out.
He read the room very quickly.
Y'all got any online forums with Taliban guest speakers in America?

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18218 on: October 14, 2021, 01:41:46 AM »

I love trumps new message to republicans. Let us hope he can stay consistent with it over the next thirteen months or so despite his mounting disabilities.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18219 on: October 14, 2021, 07:14:22 AM »

Inflation adjustment.

Social Security has announced 2022 benefits will rise almost 6% under its cost of living adjustment.
The biggest COLA since 1982.
Fucking Reagan.
Actually Carter.
The good news 40 years ago was Reagan slew the inflation dragon so the COLA adjustment had a long term effect.
The chances of a Biden Administration doing that are nil.
If 1982 is Carter, 2021 is Trump.

And inflation will slow when the supply chain broken by Trump's egregious mishandling of the COVID crisis is fixed.
The supply chain problem is a lack of workers.  All on Biden.

Supply chain got screwed because of Covid response. Everybody needed to work from home and many upgrade computers causing huge demand for chips which were diverted from cars. Demand for oil cratered as folks stopped commuting and traveling. Superstorms caused huge amounts of inventory losses as thousands of containers were lost in transit

Dont forget the blockage in the Suez Canal.
The economy opened up and oil production and refining had to ramp up from nearly nothing and got snarled because of big ass storms.

People are acting like assholes so workers are quitting those frontline jobs left and right. Even TSA workers are fed up and quitting in droves.

Again, superstorms disrupted the oil refineries. Then the major pipeline transit system got hacked.

Thumbs up for bringing some facts together fast.   And the glitches proliferate - like covid slowing the mining of rare earth elements in Asia (China,  esp) which also created a bottleneck in all the digital devices which use them.   

Lots of dominos still falling.

Red has gone full troll.   All asshat and no cattle.

So Joe goes full public/private with a deal to keep the ports cranking 24/7. That is how it is done.

Meanwhile the GOP is just spewing schtick to Red and his fellow shills who spread it like manure.

You can offload the ships all you want, but there's a shortage of truck drivers to deliver those goods.

Expect more delays that no one can change, unless the incentives to drive a truck change; and that will only add to the cost of goods.

Biden is doing what he can, but it won't solve that particularly obstruction in the bowels of our logistics system.

We need a trucker intervention, stat!

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 07:24:02 AM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #18220 on: October 14, 2021, 07:17:30 AM »

Bambu, my wealthiest friend would make every business succeed, she was awesome. She was from the Philippines. Maybe the Filipinos will move into the area and open the shops back up and the restaurants back up. The Mexicans are welcome too. My friend could easily open a successful Hawaiian Barbecue restaurant. She had a club named "Manila Gardens" in Los Angeles which was a very successful club. Everything she touched turned to gold. She was born wealthy, and she spent her whole life giving her money away. May she rest in peace, she was one of my heroes.

Salute,

Tony V.

I bet your friends from the Philippines and from Mexico spend their days actually working, instead of positing arcane theories on a message board all day while sitting in the public library, waiting to head down to the soup kitchen.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #18221 on: October 14, 2021, 07:21:19 AM »

Many Americans hate swastikas, Nazis etc, but love death chambers where the state kills human beings ...exactly what Nazi Germany did.
Cheering for death chambers doesn't bother them.
It was all barbaric when Nazi Germany did it, and it's still barbaric today.
I don't get it.

Why, yes. Just the other day there was a gang of us meeting down the street to cheer on the local death chamber!

Halloween is coming and all our kids are dressing up as their favorite character, here in America.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18222 on: October 14, 2021, 09:29:23 AM »

Holly Martins

« Reply #18223 on: October 14, 2021, 10:02:16 AM »

Welp...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-death-row-inmate-closer-new-trial-after-allegations-antisemitic-n1281337

Interesting

Thanks for the link

What do you favor here - life in prison?

I think the point  is this favors a fair trial,  presided over by a judge who doesn't have an ethnic bias against the defendant. 

DP v LWOP is another issue,  long grappled with here,  with most members pretty firmly set in their beliefs about the morality of state-sponsored execution.  Have you missed all that?   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18224 on: October 14, 2021, 10:44:26 AM »

I think the point  is this favors a fair trial,  presided over by a judge who does not have an ethnic bias against the defendant.

Of course

But this doesn't mean he goes free - or even gets anything reduced automatically.
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 2924