Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750887 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18330 on: October 15, 2021, 12:52:15 PM »

These questions are very difficult for Kid who cannot think and hold any of his beliefs at the same time.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18331 on: October 15, 2021, 12:55:10 PM »

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #18332 on: October 15, 2021, 01:35:48 PM »

This blast from the past earned a chuckle....

In 2003, she helped lead a demonstration in Tucson against the presidential campaign of Mr. Lieberman, a hawkish Democrat from Connecticut who later became an independent.
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #18333 on: October 15, 2021, 01:39:40 PM »

shhhhhhh.....

Thanks, Kid.

That is the full extent of the best conservative case for anything these days. You have definitively proven my point.

Years ago many of us noticed that "shh" and "relax!" are two instructions that usually achieve the opposite of their desired effect. 
Im on the pavement

Thinking about the government

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18334 on: October 15, 2021, 02:32:25 PM »

Nobody stopped her from writing the book

Kid is in favor of censorship (an action by government) and bookburning.

In favor of books being in proper places.

Which is the issue here

What grade do you think is good for teaching about slavery? 

What grade do you think is good for teaching about the holocaust? 

What grade do you think is good for teaching about racism?

What grade do you think is good for teaching about sexism?

And at what ages/grades do you think kids start observing or experiencing any of those?!

In every grade the issues can be presented and discussed at an approriate level considering the developmental level of the children.

As to what grade kids begin experiencing some kind of social bullying, which is the root of the issues you are raising, that would be about the middle of first for many, and by the end of Kindergarten for some. By 2nd grade, kids have decided who they can pick on, who can be ostracized, and with a rationale that their peers will accept. This is why such necessary education is so important to begin at a young age.

However, no curriculum can be as effective as the one in which the community at large has bought into. Therefore, it is incumbent upon school boards, school leadership, school unions and their members, mayors, town councils, etc, to reflect that values that they say the students should display themselves.

And that is so often NOT the case.

We have met the enemy and he is us.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18335 on: October 15, 2021, 02:37:15 PM »

John Wilkes Booth had help, too.

A US Capitol Police officer was indicted on obstruction charges in connection to the January 6 insurrection at the US Capitol.

According to the indictment, Michael A. Riley told a contact online to remove posts showing the person was in the Capitol building that day.

Prosecutors allege that on the day after the insurrection, Riley sent a private message on Facebook to a person who had posted selfies and videos about being in the Capitol, and whom Riley had been in fishing-related Facebook groups with.

im a capitol police officer who agrees with your political stance, Riley allegedly wrote to the person. "Take down the part about being in the building they are currently investigating and everyone who was in the building is going to charged. Just looking out!

from CNN News 1 hour ago.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18336 on: October 15, 2021, 02:43:53 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/10/14/2058156/-Christina-Nance-reported-missing-two-weeks-ago-found-dead-inside-a-police-van-in-Huntsville-Ala

We have a police problem.

Seems you have to be a missing celebrity of some type before you get special attention from the masses and media..
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18337 on: October 15, 2021, 02:50:49 PM »

John Wilkes Booth had help, too.

A US Capitol Police officer was indicted on obstruction charges in connection to the January 6 insurrection at the US Capitol.

According to the indictment, Michael A. Riley told a contact online to remove posts showing the person was in the Capitol building that day.

Prosecutors allege that on the day after the insurrection, Riley sent a private message on Facebook to a person who had posted selfies and videos about being in the Capitol, and whom Riley had been in fishing-related Facebook groups with.

im a capitol police officer who agrees with your political stance, Riley allegedly wrote to the person. "Take down the part about being in the building they are currently investigating and everyone who was in the building is going to charged. Just looking out!

from CNN News 1 hour ago.

We have a police problem.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18338 on: October 15, 2021, 02:51:46 PM »

Nobody stopped her from writing the book

Kid is in favor of censorship (an action by government) and bookburning.

In favor of books being in proper places.

Which is the issue here

What grade do you think is good for teaching about slavery? 

What grade do you think is good for teaching about the holocaust? 

What grade do you think is good for teaching about racism?

What grade do you think is good for teaching about sexism?

And at what ages/grades do you think kids start observing or experiencing any of those?!

In every grade the issues can be presented and discussed at an approriate level considering the developmental level of the children.

As to what grade kids begin experiencing some kind of social bullying, which is the root of the issues you are raising, that would be about the middle of first for many, and by the end of Kindergarten for some. By 2nd grade, kids have decided who they can pick on, who can be ostracized, and with a rationale that their peers will accept. This is why such necessary education is so important to begin at a young age.

However, no curriculum can be as effective as the one in which the community at large has bought into. Therefore, it is incumbent upon school boards, school leadership, school unions and their members, mayors, town councils, etc, to reflect that values that they say the students should display themselves.

And that is so often NOT the case.

We have met the enemy and he is us.

Acceptable behaviour by students in schoolyards...is one thing...
..teaching children about victims, including children their age, of the Holocaust being gassed, then put in ovens and turned into ash, or tossed into mass graves like garbage...is quite another.
The mental health of young children is a thing today. I can't see one benefit in teaching children under 15 anything about the Holocaust.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18339 on: October 15, 2021, 02:56:21 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/10/14/the-race-gap-in-vaccinations-is-closing-the-gap-is-not/

There are 40-43 million unvaccinated republicans. More than 400,000 of them will die of Covid or its complications before November 2022.

You really don't think that their commitment to remaining unvaxed will waiver?

ETA: the prospect of your possibly being right horrifies me. I get that they are opposed to being forced, but it does harm others to allow them to die, no matter the reasoning.

There has to be a way to reach them or to protect them or something.

The way to protect them is to get them to leave the republican party which is an utterly corrupt fascist death cult. Many many have left already. Following the lead of former republicans is the one hope for current republicans. Unfortunately many will stay republican to the end. Of those, many will die with hate in their hearts, lies on their lips, and Covid in their bloodstream.

My uncle is a good man who I think still identifies as a republican. Judging by all the others I know and the ones here save Tony, I have to wonder if the pain of losing them would not be less than the pain of living with them if they cannot turn over new leaves and abandon the idea of a white Christian nation state and a rich white king to save them from all the problems they have created for themselves and everyone caught in their idiot crossfire.

shhhhhhh.....

Thanks, Kid.

That is the full extent of the best conservative case for anything these days. You have definitively proven my point.

You embarrass yourself.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18340 on: October 15, 2021, 02:58:52 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/10/14/the-race-gap-in-vaccinations-is-closing-the-gap-is-not/

There are 40-43 million unvaccinated republicans. More than 400,000 of them will die of Covid or its complications before November 2022.

You really don't think that their commitment to remaining unvaxed will waiver?

ETA: the prospect of your possibly being right horrifies me. I get that they are opposed to being forced, but it does harm others to allow them to die, no matter the reasoning.

There has to be a way to reach them or to protect them or something.

The way to protect them is to get them to leave the republican party which is an utterly corrupt fascist death cult. Many many have left already. Following the lead of former republicans is the one hope for current republicans. Unfortunately many will stay republican to the end. Of those, many will die with hate in their hearts, lies on their lips, and Covid in their bloodstream.

My uncle is a good man who I think still identifies as a republican. Judging by all the others I know and the ones here save Tony, I have to wonder if the pain of losing them would not be less than the pain of living with them if they cannot turn over new leaves and abandon the idea of a white Christian nation state and a rich white king to save them from all the problems they have created for themselves and everyone caught in their idiot crossfire.

shhhhhhh.....

Thanks, Kid.

You embarrass yourself.

No, he really doesn't.

Your supercilious "shhhhh" responses are indicative of your approach to these issues as is your frequent unwillingness to explain your positions.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18341 on: October 15, 2021, 03:01:36 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18342 on: October 15, 2021, 03:03:37 PM »

The movie Freedom Writers starring Hilary Swank as teacher Erin Gruwell, is based on a true story.

The students' senior high school year became about racism, gangs, death, the Holocaust, life, writing a diary, and the future....education beyond high school.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18343 on: October 15, 2021, 03:06:16 PM »

Kid has fully embraced the way of being that is causing so many to leave the republican party and the conservative movement, either on their feet or for a chiller truck, in ever increasing numbers.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18344 on: October 15, 2021, 03:11:33 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/10/15/2058294/--It-gives-everyone-cold-sweats-Republicans-fret-over-Trump-s-involvement-in-2022

Time to pull out all stops to beat every last republican candidate to a jellylike pulp at the ballot box. There is no place for republicans in politics or policy if the United States is to survive.
Pages: 1 ... 1221 1222 [1223] 1224 1225 ... 2924