Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751533 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18360 on: October 15, 2021, 04:56:05 PM »

Important numbers, surely

But incomplete

Which states have been rising - least and most?

We provided that data already, Kid.

You ignored it.

But you can look it up pretty trivially.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18361 on: October 15, 2021, 04:56:38 PM »

From Krugman in the Times, being honest.

What's happening to inflation? We know, of course, what the current numbers say: Inflation is high right now, although not 1970s high. But is this a blip or the beginning of a longer-term problem? Economists are deeply divided. I'm basically for the former, on what has come to be known as Team Transitory, but I might be wrong - and the data are sufficiently ambiguous that both sides can claim that the evidence supports their take.

Yet policymakers can't just shrug their shoulders; they have to, um, make policy. So what should they do in the face of uncertainty? The answer, I'd argue, is to make decisions that won't do too much damage if their preferred take on inflation is wrong.

In the current context this means that the Federal Reserve should ignore calls for a quick tightening of monetary policy.

Why is it so hard to make a call on inflation right now? Because the current economy, still very much shaped by the pandemic, is, to use the technical term, weird. In particular, the standard measures economists use to distinguish between temporary price blips and underlying inflation are telling different stories.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 05:07:48 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18362 on: October 15, 2021, 04:58:01 PM »

If you are a Christian and you are worried that the supply chain will ruin your Christmas, then maybe it's time for you to contemplate the true meaning of Christmas.

Just sayin'.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #18363 on: October 15, 2021, 05:00:45 PM »

Important numbers, surely

But incomplete

Which states have been rising - least and most?

No, not incomplete. They tell a story of their own.

There are many factors which impact every set of data, and an intelligent, educated individual (ie, not just someone who can memorize a formula for the area of a circle), can deduce that one set of data doesn't necessarily predict or correlate with another.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #18364 on: October 15, 2021, 05:05:33 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #18366 on: October 15, 2021, 05:20:25 PM »

New Hampshire recorded a nearly 78 percent increase with 16 deaths

Live free, AND die.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18368 on: October 15, 2021, 05:58:37 PM »

Thank goodness bambuworld has never been discovered. Terra incognita it remains.

Amen
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18369 on: October 15, 2021, 06:40:36 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18370 on: October 15, 2021, 07:20:56 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/10/15/2058294/--It-gives-everyone-cold-sweats-Republicans-fret-over-Trump-s-involvement-in-2022

Time to pull out all stops to beat every last republican candidate to a jellylike pulp at the ballot box. There is no place for republicans in politics or policy if the United States is to survive.

Oh yes there iiiiis!
US Republicans just need to have a reformation, and copy ScoMo and the Conservatives in bambuworld.
The Left/Far Left having complete control of America and the Christian West is too horrible to imagine.
Karl Marx rings a bell.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 12:12:24 AM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18371 on: October 15, 2021, 07:52:11 PM »

You much prefer the wannabe Hitlers, Bambu. You have made that abundantly clear.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18372 on: October 15, 2021, 08:04:29 PM »

Holly Martins

« Reply #18373 on: October 15, 2021, 08:21:52 PM »

If you are a Christian and you are worried that the supply chain will ruin your Christmas, then maybe it's time for you to contemplate the true meaning of Christmas.

Just sayin'.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18374 on: October 15, 2021, 08:39:47 PM »

Nobody stopped her from writing the book

Kid is in favor of censorship (an action by government) and bookburning.

In favor of books being in proper places.

Which is the issue here

Yes.

They should be in the classrooms and the school library.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1223 1224 [1225] 1226 1227 ... 2924