Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 751467 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18705 on: October 21, 2021, 12:50:05 PM »

My guess is other Dems aren't really on board - just goin along to get along (and get re-elected)

Any Dem whisper of "I'd like to do it a little differently" gets shouted down by the nasty bunch

As opposed to the GOP who vote in lockstep?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18706 on: October 21, 2021, 12:50:46 PM »

What we do have is the power to adapt to climate change.
As we have always had.

That will be cheaper for people 100 years from now than it would today by eliminating fossil fuels.

False.
Already proven true

No it has not.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18707 on: October 21, 2021, 12:51:16 PM »

My guess is other Dems aren't really on board - just goin along to get along (and get re-elected)

Any Dem whisper of "I'd like to do it a little differently" gets shouted down by the nasty bunch
My guess is you suffer from chronic craniorectal immersion.

You really think ALL Dems were in on 15 TRILLION DOLLARS?  Even the THREE POINT FIVE TRILLION?  If given their preference?  Come on.
On board? Yes. Preference? Like every major piece of legislation there are compromises to reach an acceptable final product. Your bull shit idea about going along to get along and being silenced by the "nasty bunch" is what is a flaming ssck of dung.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18708 on: October 21, 2021, 12:51:59 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/21/americans-no-longer-have-faith-in-the-us-supreme-court-that-has-justices-worried

Republicans fail at justice mainly because justice is antithetical to all their practices, values, and beliefs.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18709 on: October 21, 2021, 12:54:01 PM »

As we have always had.

That will be cheaper for people 100 years from now than it would today by eliminating fossil fuels.

False.
Already proven true.   
Proven? Something that will take place in 100 years has been proven true? You build a time machine without telling us?
Adaptation is a persistent and has been for every creature on earth forever.
Despite government mandates and subsidies thrown  at green energy sources fossil fuels grow in production along with CO2 emissions.  It is pretty obvious where people come down  on this issue.
Remember if Tesla reduces fossil fuel need Lithium miners will need more to mine it
And so it goes as it always has. The free market is the choice of the people.
So "proven true" means consistent with your firmly held economic and political beliefs. Got it.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18710 on: October 21, 2021, 12:54:12 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18711 on: October 21, 2021, 12:55:19 PM »

As we have always had.

False.
Already proven true.   
Proven? Something that will take place in 100 years has been proven true? You build a time machine without telling us?
Despite government mandates and subsidies thrown  at green energy sources fossil fuels grow in production along with CO2 emissions.  It is pretty obvious where people come down  on this issue.
Remember if Tesla reduces fossil fuel need Lithium miners will need more to mine it
So "proven true" means consistent with your firmly held economic and political beliefs. Got it.

RED is a shill without an original thought in his dome

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18713 on: October 21, 2021, 01:20:31 PM »

Join American veterans in support of the full Build Back Better agenda,

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/10/21/2059417/-BREAKING-NYT-Calling-Sinema-an-Obstacle-to-Progress-5-Veterans-Quit-Her-Advisory-Council

Republicans and their enablers must be ground to dust, reduced, reused, and recycled.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18714 on: October 21, 2021, 01:20:55 PM »

As we have always had.

False.
Already proven true.   

What is amusing is Red's apparent belief that a dwindling non-renewable resource will continue to get or remain cheaper as we use them up over the next 100 years. Or that consumer demand will somehow create more oil.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18715 on: October 21, 2021, 01:33:38 PM »

The mental poverty of most conservatives leads directly their failures in matters of personal finance and their inability to ever run an honest business.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18716 on: October 21, 2021, 01:40:13 PM »

As we have always had.

False.
Already proven true.   
I do not think you have a clue.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18717 on: October 21, 2021, 01:43:49 PM »

As we have always had.

False.
Already proven true.   

What is amusing is Red's apparent belief that a dwindling non-renewable resource will continue to get or remain cheaper as we use them up over the next 100 years. Or that consumer demand will somehow create more oil.
That is exactly what IS happening. Fracking being notable proof.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18718 on: October 21, 2021, 01:47:57 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/10/21/2059452/-Violent-Insurrectionist-From-Alabama-Found-Hiding-Out-In-Alaska-Arrested-Thanks-To-Citizen-Tipster

Still rounding up the manure heads, dupes, and traitors who believe in an oil rich future and a Christian nation.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18719 on: October 21, 2021, 01:52:02 PM »

Red would like fracking byproducts dumped wherever he pretends to live and work. Dump as much as you can gather. He says it is what gives him that healthy sheen and irresistible aroma.
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 2924