Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 [1250] 1251 1252 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750969 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18735 on: October 21, 2021, 03:51:46 PM »

What red just said is not only stupid but suicidal. Some one should really kick him where it hurts.

Barton, I am sad to say we may not have a couple of decades,

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/10/21/2059397/-Energy-cannibalism-is-happening-so-fast-that-the-collapse-of-the-oil-industry-will-derail-renewables

Fortunately we can speed some of this transition up without going significantly farther into the fossil fuel well with projects like this

http://www.foundrymag.com/melt-pour/media-gallery/21931873/the-bright-future-for-a-solarpowered-foundry
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Holly Martins

« Reply #18737 on: October 21, 2021, 04:08:22 PM »

What red just said is not only stupid but suicidal. Some one should really kick him where it hurts.

Barton, I am sad to say we may not have a couple of decades,

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/10/21/2059397/-Energy-cannibalism-is-happening-so-fast-that-the-collapse-of-the-oil-industry-will-derail-renewables

Fortunately we can speed some of this transition up without going significantly farther into the fossil fuel well with projects like this

http://www.foundrymag.com/melt-pour/media-gallery/21931873/the-bright-future-for-a-solarpowered-foundry

Yes,  thanks!   Energy cannibalism is a real specter.  Solar foundries will be pretty important in getting us across that scary terrain.   I can see many Saharan nations doing this kind of thing,  too,  if the World Bank and others get behind that.   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18738 on: October 21, 2021, 04:44:28 PM »

Thats not his argument at all.

His position is that humanity (and other parts of nature) will adapt to the changing circumstances.

And, yes, there have been and will be extinctions, but we (Earth life) will recover, as has happened before.

The flaw on that argument, as I pointed out, is that it sets the price of that "adaptation" as lower than the price of greenhouse gases mitigation.  In fact,  it will be far higher.   And he doesnt read the facts I posted,  has zero interest in understanding them or the scenarios examined by IPCC and others.  IOW has no idea what hes talking about.

This really is a dark age,  when scientific expertise is disrespected,  methods not understood,  and yet everyone greedily grasps at the fruits of that science.
The other flaws include the idea that we can naturally adapt our way out of a disappearing non-renewable resource and keep our.society functioning -.we add a few layers of blubber to stay warm, but the things we make (cars, houses, etc.) don't naturally adapt. We will have.to, to quote Mark Watley, science the shit out of the problem..which is what the green energy push Red derides is trying to do. A second is that nature cannot adapt.to depleted resources. More.fossil fuel will not evolve. Third is his certainty that current relative prices and demand will remain static, which is unlikely as fossil fuels get harder to extrchange and become scarcer and technology for renewable change.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 04:47:48 PM by Hairy Lime »
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18739 on: October 21, 2021, 04:45:42 PM »

We need to elevate our allies in Iran, we need to find people in Iran who are good peaceful Persians who we can support to take power in Iran and to stop the war-like evil people in Iran. Farah Pahlavi lives in France, and there are members of the Pahlavi family in New York, etc. And we have good peaceful Persians here in Beverly Hills, California. And there is Mahlagha Jaberi. We need to find good peaceful Persians who we can support.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18740 on: October 21, 2021, 04:50:07 PM »

We need to elevate our allies in Iran, we need to find people in Iran who are good peaceful Persians who we can support to take power in Iran and to stop the war-like evil people in Iran. Farah Pahlavi lives in France, and there are members of the Pahlavi family in New York, etc. And we have good peaceful Persians here in Beverly Hills, California. And there is Mahlagha Jaberi. We need to find good peaceful Persians who we can support.

Salute,

Tony V.
The Pahlavis being welcomed back to power in Iran is about as likely as the Hitlers being welcomed back to take power in Germany.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18741 on: October 21, 2021, 05:02:27 PM »

This just in: 202 House Republicans believe responding to a House Committee subpoena is voluntary, a position i am sure they will continue to maintain the next time they are in the majority and want to investigate president Malia Obama.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18742 on: October 21, 2021, 05:25:01 PM »

On the other hand the House did send a bi-partisan criminal referral to the DOJ with 9 republicans signing on.

Also a Mussolini is on the city council of Rome.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18743 on: October 21, 2021, 05:49:10 PM »

Ethics and fundraising investigations are in order for Manchin and Sinema while Congress is in a criminally referring mood.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18744 on: October 21, 2021, 05:54:35 PM »

On the other hand the House did send a bi-partisan criminal referral to the DOJ with 9 republicans signing on.
The last time the House voted.to refer a subpoena for criminal prosecution, when a.Reagan official refused to testify, the vote was 413 - 0. So yeah, that there are only 9 this time tells you where the Republican party is at.

Also a Mussolini is on the city council of Rome.
Hence, Hitler despite the absence of any actual heirs.
A parrot bit me.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18745 on: October 21, 2021, 05:57:31 PM »

Ethics and fundraising investigations are in order for Manchin and Sinema while Congress is in a criminally referring mood.

Right

But not for Waters

Too fuckin funny
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #18746 on: October 21, 2021, 06:27:49 PM »

Right

But not for Waters

Too fuckin funny
A shunt could help you with your hydrocephalus.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18747 on: October 21, 2021, 06:33:05 PM »

Schumer on 1.75 to 1.9 trillion dollar deal:

"We have GOT TO get it done"

Folks - they never thought anything close to 3.5 tril would fly.  They wanted the appearance that they negotiated.  That they gave things back

Heh

Bruh...

The biggest Biden fanboy in here told you last year I hoped Biden would go big.

If he gets the majority of his programs through the amount is not that big a deal and his vision has exceeded my wildest pipedream.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18748 on: October 21, 2021, 07:01:50 PM »

What is amusing is Red's apparent belief that a dwindling non-renewable resource will continue to get or remain cheaper as we use them up over the next 100 years. Or that consumer demand will somehow create more oil.

While that is not his main argument,  it is his guiding assumption.   Never mind that industry experts always understand that the bottom of a shale deposit or an oil basin is extremely costly to plumb.   When wind,  geo or solar become far cheaper than basin dregs,  there will not be ANY ideology that can pretend oil makes economic sense.  And we are already there with coal:  a gigawatt coal plant,  with fluidized bed combustion and basic pollution controls,  is already more costly,  amortized, than a gigawatt of wind (with storage).   

And I am cured of using contractions!

DC has a goal to go completely sustainable energy by 2032.

To that end folks are getting solar roofs installed by companies who are basically leasing your roof space for twenty years. In return you get a bill from Pepco that will total Zero$ per kWh.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18749 on: October 21, 2021, 07:25:48 PM »

The other flaws include the idea that we can naturally adapt our way out of a disappearing non-renewable resource and keep our.society functioning -.we add a few layers of blubber to stay warm, but the things we make (cars, houses, etc.) don't naturally adapt. We will have.to, to quote Mark Watley, science the shit out of the problem..which is what the green energy push Red derides is trying to do. A second is that nature cannot adapt.to depleted resources. More.fossil fuel will not evolve. Third is his certainty that current relative prices and demand will remain static, which is unlikely as fossil fuels get harder to extrchange and become scarcer and technology for renewable change.
That makes no sense.  We have and continue to adapt. And Science leads the way. Just
Look at what satellites have done for everyday life. More accurate weather forecasting alone has given millions advance warning of storms etc.
A second is that nature cannot adapt.to depleted resources.
Always has. Some species do not but others do. Thatis adaptation.
More.fossil fuel will not evolve 
Fracking is but one example that destroys that argument. We were supposed to run out of oil decades ago according to some scientists. Others said we would not be able to keep feeding our growing population.
Third is his certainty that current relative prices and demand will remain static, which is unlikely as fossil fuels get harder to extrchange and become scarcer and technology for renewable change.
A total misrepresentation. Again all you have to look at is fracking which has allowed the USA to reach energy independence and lead the world in production. Prices for every thing over the years has gone up but the world as a whole has never been richer.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 07:29:25 PM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 [1250] 1251 1252 ... 2924