Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 752087 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #18915 on: October 24, 2021, 12:41:46 PM »

Not all dogs go to heaven.

More proof that dogs, particularly rescue dogs, are at least as overrated as the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry:

https://news.yahoo.com/family-dog-attacks-kills-7-170107281.html
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18917 on: October 24, 2021, 12:56:55 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/more-expensive-charging-electric-vehicle-150723451.html

Costs to drive an EV compared with a gasoline car are detailed in a report Anderson Economic released Thursday called Comparison: Real World Cost of Fueling EVs and ICE Vehicles.

The study has four major findings.

There are four additional costs to powering EVs beyond electricity: cost of a home charger, commercial charging, the EV tax and "deadhead" miles.

For now, EVs cost more to power than gasoline costs to fuel an internal combustion car that gets reasonable gas mileage.

Charging costs vary more widely than gasoline prices.

There are significant time costs to finding reliable public chargers.

This is why I am keeping my well-maintained ICEVs for at least a few more years.

Good argument for pouring a few hundred billion into improving the grid.

Keeping my guzzlers as well, though I am saving and keeping my eye on electric front axles for my RWD dually. I would like to make it an AWD hybrid when it is a bit more feasible.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18919 on: October 24, 2021, 01:41:46 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/more-expensive-charging-electric-vehicle-150723451.html

Costs to drive an EV compared with a gasoline car are detailed in a report Anderson Economic released Thursday called Comparison: Real World Cost of Fueling EVs and ICE Vehicles.

The study has four major findings.

There are four additional costs to powering EVs beyond electricity: cost of a home charger, commercial charging, the EV tax and "deadhead" miles.

For now, EVs cost more to power than gasoline costs to fuel an internal combustion car that gets reasonable gas mileage.

Charging costs vary more widely than gasoline prices.

There are significant time costs to finding reliable public chargers.

This is why I am keeping my well-maintained ICEVs for at least a few more years.

Good argument for pouring a few hundred billion into improving the grid.

Keeping my guzzlers as well, though I am saving and keeping my eye on electric front axles for my RWD dually. I would like to make it an AWD hybrid when it is a bit more feasible.

My cars aren't guzzlers. They get good gas mileage, and I keep the tires inflated properly, keep them clean, and change the oil well under the requisite miles. And new cars are ridiculously priced, non-negotiable items. So, I'd rather invest my spare cash in the equity markets than in a depreciating asset like a car. Not to mention that until the Trump Virus is much more under control, I'm limiting travel to <600 miles range.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18920 on: October 24, 2021, 02:08:57 PM »

Sen. Jacky Rosen

Oct 22

The COMPETES Act will bring an end to giveaways for private speculation and boost conservation and outdoor recreation in Nevada by finally requiring oil and gas companies to pay fair market value for public lands.

------------------

We have companies coming in from Canada and mining Gold in Battle Mountain. We need for Americans to benefit from the Canadian mines, besides just creating job opportunities for Americans.

We also need to make sure that Americans can get business loans to open new mines, etc.

And we have new satellites which can tell us where the Gold is and where the natural resources are. Ask NASA, or Sverdrup, about the new satellites to tell us where the Gold is, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18921 on: October 24, 2021, 03:34:32 PM »

Tony, from where/how does the clean power company in Anaheim get its electricity?

Hamsters on treadmills.

Atm 50%+ from biofuels, apparently.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18922 on: October 24, 2021, 03:56:47 PM »

"The Mississippi River begins at Lake Itasca, a small glacial lake in northern Minnesota, and flows southward for 2,350 miles until it reaches the Gulf of Mexico".
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Holly Martins

« Reply #18923 on: October 24, 2021, 04:36:21 PM »

"The Mississippi River begins at Lake Itasca, a small glacial lake in northern Minnesota, and flows southward for 2,350 miles until it reaches the Gulf of Mexico".

Downhill.   That's how rivers work.   You can't channel it westward towards the arid parts of USA.  Gravity,  ya know.   

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18924 on: October 24, 2021, 04:42:51 PM »

Battle Mountain will always be a successful town because there is Gold there. And we will always need Gold. We use Gold to save world economies from collapsing over-night, back in around 2000 the economy of Turkey was about to collapse over-night, the currency of Turkey was about to become worthless. So, the World Bank and the IMF went in and they tied the currency in Turkey to Gold and they stabilized the economy in Turkey. Gold can stabilize world economies. We can save world economies with Gold.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #18925 on: October 24, 2021, 04:48:37 PM »

My cars aren't guzzlers. They get good gas mileage, and I keep the tires inflated properly, keep them clean, and change the oil well under the requisite miles. And new cars are ridiculously priced, non-negotiable items...

For sure.   In a nation this size,  mass transit may prove a good investment.  Still far more efficient than even the best EV.  I see EV as dominating more in the big empty,  where too few passengers over too vast an area means mass transit can't economically work to cover all the destinations.  And a proper distribution of charging station is probably not going to be realized here for at least another decade.   So am sticking with my Honda Fit.   And if the weathers awful,  we take the spouses CRV.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18926 on: October 24, 2021, 05:08:21 PM »

Downhill.   That's how rivers work.   You can't channel it westward towards the arid parts of USA.  Gravity,  ya know.

He thinks we should truck it, fly it, or otherwise divert it there, with no concept of the difficulties, the monetary costs, or the costs to downstream eco systems.

In other words, a typical GOP decision-maker. (And traditional white male engineer of prior centuries.)
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18927 on: October 24, 2021, 05:24:28 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18929 on: October 24, 2021, 06:45:07 PM »

Achtung indeed.
Trump's satellite looms large...bringing Trump tv, Trump social media, Trump universe.
74 million fans waiting.

Trump will not be the 2024 Republican nominee for President

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 ... 2924