Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 755286 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #19110 on: October 27, 2021, 12:32:52 PM »

Remember Kid, do not vote. It is how your leader wants you to help him keep his movement alive. You need to punish the RINOs for letting democracy happen by denying republicans your vote.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #19111 on: October 27, 2021, 01:08:13 PM »

Meanwhile the progressives have pretty much agreed to the ransom demands of Manchin and Sinema

Is that right?

Yes, it is. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #19112 on: October 27, 2021, 01:17:46 PM »

According to the nonpartisan organization GovTrack.us, Sinema is the most conservative Democrat in the Senate and has a voting record rated more conservative than Republican Senators Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins.  During Donald Trumps presidency she voted in agreement with him 50.4% of the time, the third-highest of any Democratic senator. (from wiki)

It could be said that the Senate has a Republican majority.   Not sure thats what many Arizonans voted for,  so I wonder if shes gone in 2024.  OTOH,  maybe a DINO is what most AZ independents really wanted.
Barton calls himself an Independent but does not allow that mindset for democrat Senators from Arizona.

Can you literally not read?  I said it is possible Independents wanted someone in moderate GOP mode.  I did not say they could not arrive at the preference as independents.  They may have wanted someone conservative on budget and laissez-faire economics but also more socially liberal.  I wasn't allowing or disallowing anything.  I do think, if the majority of her constituents are behind progressive environmental/climate policy, which her Green past which would suggest she was, she should support that part of the social/climate bill and not let it get pissed away in committee.  But my impression is she's been bought out. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19113 on: October 27, 2021, 01:32:11 PM »

We will be pouring about half a trillion dollars per year into the most important sectors of our economy from our least productive financial sink holes, corruptly shielded wealth.

In addition to righting the huge reaganomic injustice and making billionaires and corporations with billions in annual profits become productive members of society, this three trillion rather than five trillion dollar package will be accomplished without raising marginal rates anywhere. The choice in 2022 becomes one between Democrats who brought investment and improvements into everyones life without raising your taxes versus republicans who cried and lied and said nothing at all could be done.

I think that will play well in the suburbs.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19115 on: October 27, 2021, 02:17:52 PM »

This motherfucker is insane... or just totally bought and paid for:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/27/us/politics/manchin-billionaires-tax.html
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 02:54:52 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19117 on: October 27, 2021, 03:15:01 PM »

It is time to make our immigrants legal, like Reagan did, so that they can call the police in the case of an emergency and so that they can join labor unions, etc. And we need to change our immigration law so that our neighbors here in the Western Hemisphere, including people from Mexico, and Canada, can easily become legal here in the USA.

Sonny Bono wrote our Copyright Law, we could write a new Immigration Law just as easily. If you want I will happily write our new law for us.

And we have a shortage of truck drivers, we can make the Mexicans and Canadians legal and let them drive trucks in the USA. ( We also need to invest in the ports in Mexico, and we can ship goods up from Mexico into the USA. )

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19119 on: October 27, 2021, 03:30:47 PM »

Remember Kid, do not vote. It is how your leader wants you to help him keep his movement alive. You need to punish the RINOs for letting democracy happen by denying republicans your vote.

I am only voting for Bridget Ann
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19120 on: October 27, 2021, 03:42:24 PM »

According to the nonpartisan organization GovTrack.us, Sinema is the most conservative Democrat in the Senate and has a voting record rated more conservative than Republican Senators Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins.  During Donald Trumps presidency she voted in agreement with him 50.4% of the time, the third-highest of any Democratic senator. (from wiki)

It could be said that the Senate has a Republican majority.   Not sure thats what many Arizonans voted for,  so I wonder if shes gone in 2024.  OTOH,  maybe a DINO is what most AZ independents really wanted.
Barton calls himself an Independent but does not allow that mindset for democrat Senators from Arizona.

Can you literally not read?  I said it is possible Independents wanted someone in moderate GOP mode.  I did not say they could not arrive at the preference as independents.  They may have wanted someone conservative on budget and laissez-faire economics but also more socially liberal.  I wasn't allowing or disallowing anything.  I do think, if the majority of her constituents are behind progressive environmental/climate policy, which her Green past which would suggest she was, she should support that part of the social/climate bill and not let it get pissed away in committee.  But my impression is she's been bought out.
Thank you for confirming.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19122 on: October 27, 2021, 04:02:44 PM »

Tom Cotton to Merrick Garland:

Thank God you are not on the Supreme Court!

I think Mitch McConnell had the most to do with that.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19123 on: October 27, 2021, 04:40:51 PM »

Is Cotton the guy who pissed away his military service to become a traitor to the United States and bootlick to donald trump? That is the only Cotton in the Senate, though Guantanamo or Bellevue would be a better place for him to pass his bitter and paranoid days.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 2926