Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 2926

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 754634 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #19335 on: October 31, 2021, 08:35:01 AM »

Has a lot to do with representation.  Public defenders only do so much.

No.

When all things are equal, all things are not equal. (Stops and arrests are unequal, too, after all. Ditto sentencing and parole.)

Or maybe some folks are more inclined to break the law, which gives the appearance of inequality.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #19336 on: October 31, 2021, 08:37:41 AM »

GFY, shitstain. I earned my lifestyle. I didn't sit around demanding handouts like you do all day long.

You mooched that line off another mooch, mooch. Dont you ever get sick of being a useless mouth?

When you have something worth reading, post it.

That has yet to be.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19337 on: October 31, 2021, 10:28:55 AM »

No.

When all things are equal, all things are not equal. (Stops and arrests are unequal, too, after all. Ditto sentencing and parole.)

Or maybe some folks are more inclined to break the law, which gives the appearance of inequality.
Nope, Forrest is not all a racist, nothing racist about that.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19338 on: October 31, 2021, 10:29:42 AM »

GFY, shitstain. I earned my lifestyle. I didn't sit around demanding handouts like you do all day long.

You mooched that line off another mooch, mooch. Dont you ever get sick of being a useless mouth?

That has yet to be.

That has yet to be.
A parrot bit me.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19339 on: October 31, 2021, 10:42:17 AM »

No.

Or maybe the law is inclined to break more people which shapes the reality of inequality.

And that is what the examination of Critical Race Theory entails.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #19340 on: October 31, 2021, 10:48:48 AM »

Ham, I worked and paid in, and I was even low paid child labor as a kid. At 10 years old I used to wash dogs for my Grandmother who was a dog groomer, we used to do 20 dogs per day. I used to help my Grandmother to buy groceries and pay the rent even as a little kid. And I went on to build up a successful dog kennel, and we had movie stars for customers.

How many of them can you wash in a day? 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19341 on: October 31, 2021, 11:07:47 AM »

No.

Talk about inability to read. Taking that into account, there is gross inequality. Why is that so hard for you to accept, Ham?

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/blog/2020/07/27/disparities/
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #19342 on: October 31, 2021, 12:15:23 PM »

Just watched a YouTube video...
"Most embarrassing DUI stop of this Trooper's career?"

Black trooper ...youngish, tallish, strongish.
Back female driver...youngish, tallish, strongish.
Trooper has her do walk the line test, then breath test on hand held machine.
Woman failed test, trooper told her to put hands behind back so he could cuff her, she resisted, kept pulling hands away and moving away, he kept taking her arms in a respectful manner, trying to put them behind her back.
She kept breaking free.
She walked quickly to her SUV, saying "I'll just get my husband on the phone", he went to passenger window from which he interviewed her initially.
She started the car and drove out of the carpark and disappeared into the night, not to be seen again.
He chased but could not find her.
How embarrassment!

Wonder what the polce rule book states about this as far as what force is allowed to be used on anyone resisting arrest?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19343 on: October 31, 2021, 01:37:24 PM »

Our streets are full of homeless people, all of the jobs have been moving to communist slavery in China, and the billionaires are spending money on joy rides on rockets instead of helping the homeless. We need for our billionaires to be good citizens and to advance and elevate our people.

In the old days the men made the money, and the wives did charity work and helped the homeless, etc. The Vanderbilts, and Rockefellers, and others, created jobs in America and they helped the homeless and they dedicated universities, etc.

We need to help the homeless, and we need to advance and elevate our people. All Americans need to be elevated.

And we need to build our high speed trains, etc. We need to invest in America and in Americans.

We can also raise money to help the homeless and to educate and elevate our people by raising tariffs on imports from China, etc. Tariffs on imports also encourage local production.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 01:44:14 PM by FlyingVProd »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19344 on: October 31, 2021, 01:53:13 PM »

Just watched a YouTube video...
"Most embarrassing DUI stop of this Trooper's career?"

Black trooper ...youngish, tallish, strongish.
Back female driver...youngish, tallish, strongish.
Trooper has her do walk the line test, then breath test on hand held machine.
Woman failed test, trooper told her to put hands behind back so he could cuff her, she resisted, kept pulling hands away and moving away, he kept taking her arms in a respectful manner, trying to put them behind her back.
She kept breaking free.
She walked quickly to her SUV, saying "I'll just get my husband on the phone", he went to passenger window from which he interviewed her initially.
She started the car and drove out of the carpark and disappeared into the night, not to be seen again.
He chased but could not find her.
How embarrassment!

Wonder what the polce rule book states about this as far as what force is allowed to be used on anyone resisting arrest?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/31/us/police-traffic-stops-killings.html
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #19345 on: October 31, 2021, 02:01:52 PM »

No.

Or maybe the law is inclined to break more people which shapes the reality of inequality.

And that is what the examination of Critical Race Theory entails.

Maybe dogs are really cats gone wrong.

Holly Martins

« Reply #19346 on: October 31, 2021, 02:22:01 PM »

Funny how the goober race in VA is framing the Beloved (Morrison novel) debate as about parents protecting children.   Because we know how much high school seniors (the readership of that curriculum selection) want parental protection from sexually explicit material!   Also amusing is that Youngkin focuses on the sexual explicit aspect of the novel,  rather than openly blow the dog whistle of banning a book about the slave experience.  If its all about protections from prurience then he has plausible deniability,  or so he and his team believe.   

But we cannot really have young minds know that slavery was so wretched a state that a mother would murder her own child to keep her from slavery.   Because then some would FEEL REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE about what their ancestors did.   

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19347 on: October 31, 2021, 02:51:04 PM »

We cannot punish the White people of today for what some White people did in the past, just the same as we cannot punish the Japanese people of today for Pearl Harbor, and they cannot punish us for the bombs. We are a new generation, with new challenges. Instead of living in the past, and trying to punish people for the sins of their race from way in the past, we need to live in the present and we need to deal with the challenges of the present.

Right now the streets are full of homeless people, and the jobs are all leaving the country. We need to deal with these issues now. It does not help a hungry homeless person on the street to give them a history lesson on something that was ended in the 1860s, and remember that many White people died fighting for the North to free the slaves, and California never had slavery.

My ancestors lived in New York during the Civil War, and in Indiana, and in Kentucky. None of my ancestors owned slaves. And my people were good Christians who fought against slavery.

We need to deal with the crisis of today, which is a bad economy and homeless people. Our jobs are all leaving the country, and our streets are full of homeless people, that is what we must deal with, here and now, instead of being pissed off about something that ended in the 1860s.

We need to live in the here and now, and we need to deal with the challenges of our time.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #19348 on: October 31, 2021, 03:17:29 PM »

What does HamSammy want?

Respect, Acknowledgement, Approval?  WTF do you want, Ham?

Clearly you don't know who you're dealing with.

Same as the rest.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19349 on: October 31, 2021, 03:36:37 PM »

You will find out. And it is terrifying!!!
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce
Pages: 1 ... 1288 1289 [1290] 1291 1292 ... 2926