Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 [1313] 1314 1315 ... 2716

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 498684 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #19680 on: November 03, 2021, 08:28:09 PM »

Its really not my fault that you sit here talking about issuees without following the daily news.

I would think by now an expert like you Josh would have heard the entire speech, with the Q and A
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19681 on: November 03, 2021, 08:29:37 PM »

By the way - I move to amend Bankshot's sentence from 3 days to time served

All in favor?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19682 on: November 03, 2021, 08:36:29 PM »

Its really not my fault that you sit here talking about issuees without following the daily news.

I would think by now an expert like you Josh would have heard the entire speech, with the Q and A
Wouldn't it be easier for you to say that you weren't aware of what quotation marks signify?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19683 on: November 03, 2021, 09:26:31 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19684 on: November 03, 2021, 09:33:31 PM »

If we need to be homeless and hungry here in our own nation, then it is all bullshit.

And if we have people who are battling to stay honest and legal who they are trying to force to break the law.

We must help the people who want to be honest to remain honest. Let them stay pure.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19685 on: November 03, 2021, 09:35:50 PM »

All in favor?

I ended it yesterday.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #19686 on: November 03, 2021, 09:46:21 PM »

Then, when mrs bambu was in Chicago airport waiting for a flight to Phoenix, standing around, near her was another big black man,  about 50 something, turned out to be a Marine.
mrs bambu, country girl, always starts talking to someone.
They got chatting.
Accent, man wanted to know "where are you from, m'am"? Most people guess 'England'.
Their plane was arriving into Phoenix very late, mrs bambu and Co [6] on their way to Tucson.
He offered mrs bambu a bed for the night at his very large home in Phoenix.

Black man's daughter was standing with him, his wife sitting down.
He said "all your group can stay the night".
Mrs bambu thanked him for his kind offer and said they would find their way to the hotel.

Another big black man trying to save mrs bambu from inconvenience.
A lovely man, there sure are some very nice Black people in America,
Go woke, go broke.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19687 on: November 03, 2021, 09:47:29 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19688 on: November 03, 2021, 09:52:09 PM »

All in favor?

I ended it yesterday.
I still get the message on my computer that I am banned which is not set to expire. I am posting this from my phone. Would please remove the block on my  IP or whatever to allow me to post from my Computer? Thanks.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19689 on: November 03, 2021, 09:53:45 PM »

All in favor?
thank you kid.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19690 on: November 03, 2021, 10:01:28 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #19691 on: November 03, 2021, 10:10:54 PM »

Bambu, when I was a kid I was in a group called the "Stoners" because we all smoked pot. And we all helped each other. We were like the Jets in West Side Story. And we threw parties in the desert, and at the beach, and in Hollywood.

Later in life people did not speak of expensive clubs or anything, but instead they remembered my desert keg parties. I mowed lawns and raised money to buy kegs of beer. Then I took the kegs to the desert, and I dug a pit and built a fire. And we would play music and dance. It was like an Annette Funicello movie.

We need more "Beach Blanket Bingo" movies, and people need to help each other like in the old days.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19692 on: November 03, 2021, 10:18:32 PM »

All in favor?

I ended it yesterday.
I still get the message on my computer that I am banned which is not set to expire. I am posting this from my phone. Would please remove the block on my  IP or whatever to allow me to post from my Computer? Thanks.

I didn't block your IP, only your name.

You probably need to clear the cookie associated with this or reboot or something.

Not something I can fix on my end.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19693 on: November 03, 2021, 11:07:42 PM »

All in favor?

I ended it yesterday.

I didn't block your IP, only your name.

You probably need to clear the cookie associated with this or reboot or something.

Not something I can fix on my end.
it seems ok now.

We have some matters to discuss.

As you are well aware a virus wiped out about 11 years of posting history. Just because you could not find a specific reference in posts that go back only 3 years, does not mean that information was not posted in prior posts.

I could,  if you like,  give you detailed paragraphs of several posters here from stuff they've posted from 1997 to today. Where they grew up, lived, went to college, wives, ex-wives jobs, kids, etc. Just because you can't find it doesn't mean I doxxed anyone. It means it was posted here and I've a very good memory.

Nonetheless you never got a reply from Hammy about whether he deleted his ass-kicking hustling post. I was not part of that conversation, so I don't know the post in question. I do know yank made a reference to Hammy's hustling.

Just as when I asked Hammy (post-satire) if he ever made the claim about hustling pool WBW, he would not address the question.

My satirical post was in response to yankguy who wanted to know about Hammy and his pool hustling days. Apparently yank was aware of Hammy's claims of hustling pool as a kid. And my guess is yank has a good memory too.

But what I found particularly galling was you know Hammy's doxxing history, he has doxxed me, and you, and Red and threatened yank with disclosure of private information.

And you know he's a liar.

But for reasons which remain very murky, you banned me, upon his claim that I doxxed him, without asking me a single question, or the origins of my satirical post of Hammy's hustling days.

I just got banned.

Hammy has posted about growing up in Delaware (I don't recall the city). In my spoof I used Dover.

How many cities beyond Dover and Wilmington would most readers ID as Delaware locales?

Dover and dumb ass and Dupont worked together.

it was poetic license.

I don't doxx people.

Now as for "proof" as to the substance of my satire,

Here you go

if you had searched for Hamilton Samuels and hustling you might have found this from a few months ago.

I had a seasonal business starting when  I was 10 or so, raked leaves in the fall, shovelled driveways in the winter, some lawns and caddied in the summer. Carried doubles, two loops. It wasn't bad money for a kid in '63.

The only thing I could draw was a conclusion and I figured out by 19, driving a fork lift wasn't a great career path.

Picked fruits and veggies at a local farm and sold pints and quarts of them by pulling a wagon through the neighborhood going to door to door, age 9. Had the morning paper route, 100 houses, at age 12, and then I learned how some folks don't pay their bills, and never will. Cut lawns for cash at 13-14. By 15 was working summers as a lifeguard and other odd jobs during school days. Hustled 8-ball and 9-ball in bars as a 19 year-old to pay for college tuition, and worked 3 other jobs (restaurant, pub, and stadium concessions) while taking full course loads.

My first car wasn't until I was 24, and then it didn't have reverse. My first new car was in 1981. Got a great deal on a Toyota Celica ST, and beat the man for a loan that had only 12.5% interest. Ahhhh...the good old days...

The point is, there are lots of people here who made something of their lives without having things handed to them.

They also didn't catch a break by getting hired for because of their skin color or gender, and as time went on, though they are resented for that which they did to earn their living and for taking care of their families.

Many of us here do not need to apologize to anyone for what they've earned, and for the breaks they've had, and for seizing the opportunities that emerged for them.

And we were too busy making our lives work to go about oppressing yours or anyone else's. And in many cases, our work was actually enabling the success of others.

So fuck off with the racist labels, Larry and Little Stevie of AZ, and the rest of you SJW Klan members. Your overly simplistic view of our world is as narrow as any bigots' anywhere.

So Josh anytime you want to profusely apologize, as you said you would in the PM to me, please do. as you owe me one.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 11:17:48 PM by bankshot1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19694 on: November 04, 2021, 01:00:58 AM »

I ended the posting ban early, because I found what I had looked for.

I was wrong, Banks, and I apologize profusely.
Pages: 1 ... 1311 1312 [1313] 1314 1315 ... 2716