Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1326 1327 [1328] 1329 1330 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750792 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #19905 on: November 06, 2021, 05:02:46 PM »

What is controversial

Is there a chapter on becoming an emancipated minor?

I looked up the author - no ref flags yet.

I found nothing controversial. I have no idea what you would find controversial.

Yes, emancipation is there, as is termination of parental rights. Marriage and having children. Rights in school - things like school newspapers, for example, and clothing issues.

But the other books you didn't bold are also on his list for even less reason, I suspect.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19906 on: November 06, 2021, 05:06:14 PM »

The Squad looks a lot better than the 190 or so republicans who voted against the BIL with no reason or principle beyond a desire to sabotage the United States as it moves past them into a better future.

Fac.

At least the Repubs voting against the Biden infrastructure plan were loyal to their party line even as they were disloyal to the needs of the US.

I don't see that as even slightly a saving grace.

And the squad put nothing at risk.

The GOP has no such claim.

Fac was talking about relative behavior comparing the Repubs and the Squad.

I noted that Repubs behaved as expected, were loyal to the party, working towards a party goal of returning to power.

And while I did not agree with their goals, their behavior was understandable.

I could not make the same claim about the Squad.

I thought they were on Team Biden, I was mistaken.

That you do not see the risk in their disloyal and selfish behavior is unfortunate and potentially dangerous.

btw how are you coming with those questions I posed to you a few days ago. I didn't think it was going to turn into a week-end take home exam.

LMAO

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19907 on: November 06, 2021, 05:10:34 PM »

The Squad looks a lot better than the 190 or so republicans who voted against the BIL with no reason or principle beyond a desire to sabotage the United States as it moves past them into a better future.

Fac.

At least the Repubs voting against the Biden infrastructure plan were loyal to their party line even as they were disloyal to the needs of the US.

I noted that Repubs behaved as expected, were loyal to the party, working towards a party goal of returning to power.

That you do not see the risk in their disloyal and selfish behavior is unfortunate and potentially dangerous.

btw how are you coming with those questions I posed to you a few days ago. I didn't think it was going to turn into a week-end take home exam.

LMAO

I've been ignoring them, Banks.

I spent time today deleting 87 spam posts, having to go into 20 different folders to do so.

I promised an apology. You got an apology. It was and remains sincere.

The questions you think I owe Elba? So not worth the time to even reread. You want somebody else in charge here?! Let me know. I am sure Barton would be sooooo much more tolerant of people's bullshit than I am.

LOL
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19908 on: November 06, 2021, 05:21:10 PM »

Fac.

LMAO

I've been ignoring them, Banks.

I spent time today deleting 87 spam posts, having to go into 20 different folders to do so.

I promised an apology. You got an apology. It was and remains sincere.

The questions you think I owe Elba? So not worth the time to even reread. You want somebody else in charge here?! Let me know. I am sure Barton would be sooooo much more tolerant of people's bullshit than I am.

LOL

Josh

You are now creating a strawman.

If you feel you owe no answers to Elba that's fine.

You do owe me answers.

I asked you legitimate questions about your behavior as moderator and the rash, biased and clearly wrong actions you took banning me.

I thanked you for the apology.

But I want to know why you breeched your mod responsibilities in the first place.

I thought it important.

Holly Martins

« Reply #19909 on: November 06, 2021, 05:28:07 PM »

So exchange emails or PMs?   It is off-topic here and frankly annoying to wade through.

And, on the topic, I  not so sure that dissent from ones political party is treason or dangerous.   Founding fathers felt any party system was dangerous,  and they totally nailed that one.  Without so many demands on loyalty and lockstep,  Representstives in both parties could step away from their coalitions on certain matters where their constituents called for that.     

Holly Martins

« Reply #19910 on: November 06, 2021, 05:34:13 PM »

As for being on Team Biden,  it is worth recalling that separation of powers in which the executive and Congress are not actually supposed to be a team.   They should work together as much as possible,  but it is not like everyone has to put on special jerseys.

If the system were not partisan,  both Dems and Repubs might have passed the social and infra bills months ago, being more responsive to actual constituents. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19911 on: November 06, 2021, 05:36:07 PM »

They are all on Team USA. Biden occupies the right-center right in that coalition as he always has. Pressure, pushing, and dissent move him to his left towards the center of what this country needs and wants.

Thank God for the Squad.

They play a vital role in the fight to preserve America by improving it in ways that are long overdue.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #19912 on: November 06, 2021, 05:39:12 PM »

They are all on Team USA.

Thumbs up.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19913 on: November 06, 2021, 05:41:00 PM »

So exchange emails or PMs?   It is off-topic here and frankly annoying to wade through.

And, on the topic, I  not so sure that dissent from ones political party is treason or dangerous.   Founding fathers felt any party system was dangerous,  and they totally nailed that one.  Without so many demands on loyalty and lockstep,  Representstives in both parties could step away from their coalitions on certain matters where their constituents called for that.   
Bart

This forum was how I discovered I was banned and then reinstated.

Josh did not PM about my ban or reinstatement, but rather noted to kid my ban had been lifted.

So for transparency and honesty I prefer a public forum.

And its where I asked my questions

Once.

That you had to scroll through my questions to Josh was unfortunate but it did enable other posters to understand why I was pissed at Josh' cowardice.

I'm sorry to have inconvenienced you.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19914 on: November 06, 2021, 05:56:11 PM »

Infrastructure bill vote tonight

Congrats to Nancy for getting it to the line

and twisting arms, both right and left, R & D to get the infrastructure bill passed.

She is a helluva Speaker.

But fuck the squad, those phony self-serving progressive pieces of shit, who couldn't get everything they thought they were entitled to, when they were entitled to it, so they voted against the bill and the interests and needs of their constituents.

Since I cant get everything I want, you get nothing.

How pragmatic of them.

FUCK "EM

and not in a good way.

Damn!

It was a protest vote outside the margin of passage sending @ shit across the bow of the House moderates who kept moving the goalposts on BBB.

If their votes would have scuttled the bill Pelosi would not have brought it to the floor.

In other words they had permission.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 06:05:09 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19915 on: November 06, 2021, 06:01:54 PM »

I think the Squad vote was bad optics right now.  People dont get why they voted that way and it lands on a lot of ears as making the perfect the enemy of the good.   

Just wish they had put the affordable housing program in the infra bill instead of in the BBB, so it could kick off NOW.   We are atm two million units short in the US,  and the need to get small homes and multiples built is immediate.  Change zoning laws,  promote affordable construction materials and alternatives to wood,  help allocate land,  affordable builder loans,  tax credits,  ease the labor shortage in construction with various incentives to workers,  and so on. 

There are many cities where businesses cannot expand or even come there because there is no place for new workers to live.  The problem is dire where I live - we keep getting stuff in the mail from companies that offer to buy our house.   They want to buy houses and convert them to MFD rentals since demand is so high.

It was left out of BIF because it represents human infrastructure and the monied elite who negotiated the bill dont give a shit about humans.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19916 on: November 06, 2021, 06:03:03 PM »

Fac.

You're damning with faint praise.

At least the Repubs voting against the Biden infrastructure plan were loyal to their party line even as they were disloyal to the needs of the US. And they had a purpose to sabotage Biden's agenda as they want to retake control of the House. Their actions are understandable.

The squad on the other hand were traitors to their party and their country.

FUCK 'EM

YMMV

This makes no sense AT ALL.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19917 on: November 06, 2021, 06:06:43 PM »

Yeah - someone please alert MSNBC hosts that REPUBLICAN votes carried the bill.  Beautiful to see.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19918 on: November 06, 2021, 06:28:50 PM »

Infrastructure bill vote tonight

Congrats to Nancy for getting it to the line

and twisting arms, both right and left, R & D to get the infrastructure bill passed.

She is a helluva Speaker.

But fuck the squad, those phony self-serving progressive pieces of shit, who couldn't get everything they thought they were entitled to, when they were entitled to it, so they voted against the bill and the interests and needs of their constituents.

Since I cant get everything I want, you get nothing.

How pragmatic of them.

FUCK "EM

and not in a good way.

Damn!

It was a protest vote outside the margin of passage sending @ shit across the bow of the House moderates who kept moving the goalposts on BBB.

If their votes would have scuttled the bill Pelosi would not have brought it to the floor.

In other words they had permission.

Good thing Nurse Nancy had her finger on the pulse of the Repubs and knew she had 13 rebel Repubs in her pocket so she could free her 6 rebel Dems to vote their conscience and play to the Progs and show their feisty progressive rebellosity

Good things that those lucky 13 didn't change their mind, but what if 8 had, at the last moment.

And Nancy had to chose which Dem rebels to set free.

Cat fight on the floor.

LMAO

FUCK THE SQUAD.

And thanks should go to the 13 Repubs many of whom will face party recriminations, via getting primaried, for their votes to to support the Biden Infrastructure bill.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1326 1327 [1328] 1329 1330 ... 2924