Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750523 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20070 on: November 08, 2021, 06:37:44 PM »

And what do big American men need on their big American trucks?
Big American tyres of course...big fat ones if they live 8000ft up in the Utah mountains.
Big fat tyres, and what else in their big American trucks?
Big fat jacks, so when their big fat tyres go flat in the snow they can jack up their trucks easily and either pull the tyre that is half off the rim back on with their big American muscles and fix it with a plug kit...or change the tyre.
...American culture. The woke brigade are trying to abolish it.

Several cultures in America, not just one.   Nothing in your tyred redneck stereotype is abolished by replacing the fern juice engine with a fuel cell system.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #20071 on: November 08, 2021, 06:39:06 PM »

Water system upgrades in the infrastructure bill - an overdue end to lead pipes.

Bout time.   Lead pipes helped bring down Rome.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #20072 on: November 08, 2021, 06:40:57 PM »

Whitesplain!

I thought that was a city in New York.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20073 on: November 08, 2021, 06:42:08 PM »

How the Squad abandoned their party and their POTUS:

Representative Pramila Jayapal, the chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, stated that members of her caucus and other Democrats had reached an agreement to advance both pieces of President Biden's legislative agenda.

Our colleagues have committed to voting for the transformative Build Back Better Act, as currently written, no later than the week of November 15. All our colleagues have also committed to voting tonight on the rule to move the Build Back Better Act forward to codify this promise,
she added.

But the agreement wasn't enough to convince some progressive members. Therefore, Democrats had to rely on Republicans who backed the infrastructure package to get it over the finish line. Thirteen House GOP lawmakers voted in favor of the bill.

It's never enough. If they were honest they would just say, "GIVE US YOUR MONEY. ALL OF IT. YOU EARNED IT, BUT IT BELONGS TO US."

Fuck the Squad. We don't need revolutionaries in the party. We need people who understand and will work for the working class. They don't. They work for themselves.

https://www.newsweek.com/squad-unfazed-election-rout-forces-biden-rely-gop-infrastructure-votes-1646680

You know Boss Pelosi went to the floor knowing exactly what she had.

The Squad had her permission  to cast the protest vote. There is no way Jayapal would let vote fail.

After all, the Progressives are the ones going to the mat for the Biden agenda.

She ignored the Squids, as I prefer to call them, because she knew they were in it only for themselves.

They don't stand for their constituents as they get nothing done.

Their self-aggrandizement is their only accomplishment.

Quick, Larry, name something those leftists have done to advance the Party or to actually meet the needs of working families.

Something substantial. Something real. Go ahead.

List those deeds.

I'll pause while you call me a racist for asking.

But then, do try to answer the question.

Honestly.

AOC is a workhorse as well as a show horse.

Google their names to see the bills 5hey sponsored or cosponsored.

AOC used her campaign social media and raised over a million bucks to be distributed through her district for Covid relief.

The Squad also raised funds for Texas disaster relief.

In a very hierarchal system they have accomplished quite a bit in a little over one term.

I think they are fierce.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20074 on: November 08, 2021, 06:45:16 PM »

The important thing is that Banks reads the numbers, and when it is confirmed by the CBO, that he and the other Manchinemas of the nation admit what a Big Big Big fiscally conservative tangible boost to comfort, optimism, and progress not to mention the economy and our national and individual balance sheet this gone big bill is and they all support it fully as it is popular, scientific, sensible, conservative, godly, and upholds the bargain struck with the progressive wing and all Americans who hope to live longer than the next twenty years that moved their also popular, scientific, and sensible infrastructure bill to the desk of President Joe Biden without first sending him the even more vital BBB.

Bullshit.

Circular logic tossed in a word salad.

blacksplain!

And word salad is my word for Fac's excessive verbiage!

but with some balsamic dressing and croutons its quite filling.

Whitesplain!

My mistake I was responding to a hammy post.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20075 on: November 08, 2021, 07:03:55 PM »

Larry I'm not cheering for anyone.

I asked Fac to support his post with #s.

And its a matter of how we allocate resources and who benefits and who pays.

there is no free lunch.
. BINGO!!!!

To say BBB is not a matter of spending, is idiotic and sophomoric on its face.

at first the price tag was $7T now its $1.8T and stuff got cut because it was deemed too expensive and the resources or votes weren't there.

I'm sorry you didn't understand the process and you now seem very angry.

The stupid and angry black man.

Why do I expect more from you?

Race card in play, now.

The default mechanism when Larry OR one of his compadres is asked to put up something to support his opinion.

HeH
banks tried to whitesplain the political process to Larry and got called on it. That you would jump in on the issue that had nothing to do with you is the least surprising thing to happen today, including that I am a day older than I was yesterday.

No boz, what I did, and have done for 17+ months was to explain my take on a sensible agenda for Biden in his first two years in office to get him popular wins for Dems to run on in '22.

The first of these posts were in June 2020, about 5 months before the election.

and it was basically

-heal from covid

-get back to work and school

-jump start the economy to get it going again

-and promote an infrastructure bill

because eveyone likes money and security and March 2020 until June 2020 life was miserable.

The 2nd issue was that going from $7T in infrastructure plans downsized to $6T $4.5, $3.5T and now $1.8T was not in line with Larry's screaming GO BIG for 17 months.

Larry misread the table and he was wrong.

Dems were downsizing to where they could get something done and to where there was sufficient political support.

And as far as I know, color or race has little to do with Larry not understanding math or that policies are different that politics.

But for reasons unknown, Larry played the race card, as he has in the past.

I hope that helps. 

Whitesplaining math?

Really?

LMAO

It is not math it is misreading the environment.

I said in June during the environment of a mass movement that the times called for a big agenda.

Yeah, you laughed at me then.

Then Biden won and he did not win or lose the Senate majority.

When the base went out and delivered two Senators for the majority I reiterated my position and you again laughed at me.

Biden announced his agenda and I said he went big beyond my wildest pipe dream by letting Bernie put up 6T.

Manchin and Sinema cock blocked the bill with competing interests and also went after the pay fors efforts.

So there are a couple of assholes who feel the same as you.

Does not change the fact his proposals were historic.

Larry in June 2020 I asked you to define GO BIG and you couldn't as you told me you weren't a policy wonk.

So you couldn't articulate a single plan

So Fac provided a long laundry list of programs.

It was probably a plan that would be a $15T-$20T proposal.

It wasn't going to happen.

it was DoA

Yet you kept on screaming GO BIG!

You want to re-write your wrongs, knock yourself out

word are cheap.

$7T spending bills are not.

They need broad support.

I support a lot of Fac's programs, but in a manner and timeline that allowed for coalition building and practical economic reasons and Dem wins.

You wanted Christmas in July.

Ho-Ho-Ho

shit out of luck dumb fuck

oldwhitemanwithabeardsplain!

And Larry I'm not a fan of Manchin or Sinema or the Squad.

NOW GO FUCK YOURSELF MY VERY CONFUSED AND PREVARICATING BLACK BROTHER

but first yell GO BIG at your limp dick

maybe it will work better than your GO BIG exhortations for a $7T limp dick BBB.

LMAO

I said GO BIG.

Did Biden agenda go big or not? You asked for specific programs well hell there is a shitload that needs to be done and NOT MUCH TIME TO DO IT.

When I heard 3.5 I said I was ecstatic.

You talk about mandate?

When GA gave Biden two Senators the next day the fucking  Republicans attacked the Capitol.

How long did I tell you all that shit was coming?

Achtung, bitched?

You do what you always do. Act like you are engaged in battle and when realize you are losing the argument you get louder and louder and more personally insulting.

I told you what you said to me came off as insulting and I took it the way I have heard it a thousand times. I did not call you a racist but after this evenings exchange is there any doubt you are a racist motherfucker or at least act like one?

Left of center like hell.

You are a dyed 8n 5he wool conservative.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20076 on: November 08, 2021, 07:05:22 PM »

Whitesplain!

I thought that was a city in New York.

You know I do not find this shit the least bit funny.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20077 on: November 08, 2021, 07:21:18 PM »

So when a pro fascist bigot gets elected its hurray democracy.

If you mean Trump, I laughed at the time that you all allowed it to happen.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20078 on: November 08, 2021, 07:25:53 PM »

Regardless all the chest thumping and pelvic thrusts I maintain I got what I wanted out of Joe Biden.

Somehow low-key Joe Biden gets yawns when he promotes progressive policies that would generate howls if promoted by a President Sanders or a President Warren.

This moment is like 1981, the dawn of the Reagan Revolution, except in reverse. It

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20079 on: November 08, 2021, 07:28:35 PM »

And took no personal responsibility, same as ever.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20080 on: November 08, 2021, 07:34:39 PM »

Four of the no votes on the BIF are members of CBC.

CBC Chair Rep. Beattie says everyone knew where everyone stood before the vote.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20081 on: November 08, 2021, 07:50:25 PM »

For the Dems not having a proper candidate?

Why would I?

I think primaries ought to go in stages, where it is whittled down to 3, maybe 4.

Republican primary for '16 had too many faces - and none got enough words in.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20082 on: November 08, 2021, 07:55:38 PM »

For the Dems not having a proper candidate?

Why would I?

I think primaries ought to go in stages, where it is whittled down to 3, maybe 4.

Republican primary for '16 had too many faces - and none got enough words in.

Because Trump was going to be a disastrous president for the country, whether ore not for you personally.

But we know already that you don't care about those less fortunate than you.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20083 on: November 08, 2021, 07:58:30 PM »

On Fox news they said it was hard during the old days because they did not have welfare, that is baloney, in the old days they were farmers, they raised cows for milk, and chickens for eggs, and they grew their own food. It was easy living for the pioneers, and especially better if you had a hot wife. You could make hay while the farm prospered.

Life was easy for the pioneers. They had good lives if they had a hot wife.

Salute,

Tony V.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20084 on: November 08, 2021, 08:12:32 PM »

Larry

I'm left of center and support many of the same things you do. But I'm also a pragmatist. I would like to see them get done and not die because they lacked enough popular support to carry them through. I suggested a road map for Biden's first two years to help him in a critical '22 election. As posted, get some popular wins and monetize them for '22 votes.

Yelling GO BIG and scaring the 80% of voters who are not aligned with the Dems fringe far left threatens a lot of progress that you want. I could argue you are a closet Repub conservative sand-bagging Biden's agenda.

But I just think you're wrong.

Its kind of like DEFUND THE POLICE^10 pre 2020 election

It loses a lot of votes and House seats.

And I fear a resurgent Republican party can re-emerge and strangle our democracy.

Biden looked impotent trying to cut deals with Manchin and the Progs.

It was a terrible look for the guy supposedly leading the world's greatest power.

Biden should GO SMART and monetize it into votes ASAP.

But his window is narrowing.

And I'm sorry you felt insulted.

But I disagreed with you and told you why.

As I have countless times in meetings pushing an idea I like or arguing against one I think is lacking.

And race had nothing to do with it.

so stop playing the fucking race card.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 08:14:39 PM by bankshot1 »
Pages: 1 ... 1337 1338 [1339] 1340 1341 ... 2924