Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1345 1346 [1347] 1348 1349 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750093 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20190 on: November 09, 2021, 01:50:11 PM »

Larry what you do is play the race card over and over again in our disagreements over the years.

Racism was not and is not a factor in my disagreeing with you.

I thought you were wrong and I told you why.

Was racism a factor when we agreed on the other 90% of issues, or was I clear-eyed and rational?

Perhaps you should examine your own prejudices before blaming others for them.

or don't.

beyond that, best of luck

Over the years you have said racist shit again and again and I called you on it and you say I am playing the race card.

Saying playing the race card over and over is racist as fuck.

That you will not acknowledge what I tell you and in fact tell me I need psychiatric help is racist as fuck.

What Larry is really saying is...

You will have to pry that race card out of his cold, dead hand!

Special Victims Unit has now been dispatched.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20191 on: November 09, 2021, 01:52:05 PM »

Btw, Larry, we are still waiting in that list of ACCOMPLISHMENTS from your Squad friends.

Having trouble finding someone to research it for you?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20192 on: November 09, 2021, 01:53:05 PM »

Larry what you do is play the race card over and over again in our disagreements over the years.

Racism was not and is not a factor in my disagreeing with you.

I thought you were wrong and I told you why.

Was racism a factor when we agreed on the other 90% of issues, or was I clear-eyed and rational?

Perhaps you should examine your own prejudices before blaming others for them.

or don't.

beyond that, best of luck

Over the years you have said racist shit again and again and I called you on it and you say I am playing the race card.

Saying playing the race card over and over is racist as fuck.

That you will not acknowledge what I tell you and in fact tell me I need psychiatric help is racist as fuck.

I tell you that because that's my POV, from my experiences with you, and you've done it serially.

I disagree with you on the substance, or agree with you on substance,  and not on race.

I can hear your opinion, respect your opinion, but can disagree with it, and race has nothing to do with it.

And thats the truth from my perspective.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 01:56:25 PM by bankshot1 »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20193 on: November 09, 2021, 01:53:55 PM »

Remember I maintained that Biden Vaccine Mandates will not survive Constitutional challenges.

Right now 27 states over five federal court districts have filed suit.
One Court has already issued a temporary block of the order.
In a two-page order, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit cited grave statutory and constitutional issues with the federal COVID-19 vaccine rule developed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. The court did not provide details. The vaccine requirement would apply to about 84 million workers across the country and go into effect Jan. 4

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20194 on: November 09, 2021, 01:57:27 PM »

Remember I maintained that Biden Vaccine Mandates will not survive Constitutional challenges.

In a two-page order, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit cited grave statutory and constitutional issues with the federal COVID-19 vaccine rule developed by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. The court did not provide details. The vaccine requirement would apply to about 84 million workers across the country and go into effect Jan. 4

Nope. Don't remember.

Maybe because your track record on the Constitutional opinions is like Anthony Weiner giving his opinions on the keys to a successful marriage.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20195 on: November 09, 2021, 02:36:15 PM »

That you have not seen something does not mean it has not been shown.

Nor is Larry's insistence that something is racist proof that it is.

Nor is endless wrangling about it going to change your minds.

If Larry sees racism, rather than a reasoned difference of opinion, when (I) some people disagree with him, I agree minds will not be changed. I can't change that deeply ingrained POV. 

And if others here believe they can't disagree with someone else for fear of charges of racism or any other kind of bias, that is a pretty sad commentary.

And one I do not subscribe to.

And your inability to concede that you might be in error is part of the problem, Banks.

That coming from you is beyond funny.

I could be wrong on several things, but my views on race and equality and racism is not one of them.
Do your tin ears get hot in the summer sun?
A parrot bit me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20196 on: November 09, 2021, 02:52:56 PM »

If Larry sees racism, rather than a reasoned difference of opinion, when (I) some people disagree with him, I agree minds will not be changed. I can't change that deeply ingrained POV. 

And if others here believe they can't disagree with someone else for fear of charges of racism or any other kind of bias, that is a pretty sad commentary.

And your inability to concede that you might be in error is part of the problem, Banks.

I could be wrong on several things, but my views on race and equality and racism is not one of them.

I wear a hat so I'm good.

But thanks for asking.

How do your tiny shriveled nuts make out in the Arizona heat?

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #20197 on: November 09, 2021, 03:18:00 PM »

Salute Tony V certainly has a lot of ideas.

Tony is an ideas man.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20198 on: November 09, 2021, 03:27:12 PM »

Oh those polls!

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that only 27% of Likely U.S. Voters say they would be more likely to vote for a candidate for election in their state who was endorsed by Biden. Fifty-one percent (51%) would be less likely to vote for a candidate endorsed by Biden. Twenty percent (20%) say a Biden endorsement would not make much difference in their vote.

Looks like 2022 will afford Brandon quite a bit of free time.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20199 on: November 09, 2021, 03:55:31 PM »

I wear a hat so I'm good.

But thanks for asking.

How do your tiny shriveled nuts make out in the Arizona heat?
Well, to be frank, the Arizona pinons are inferior to New Mexico's.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #20200 on: November 09, 2021, 04:14:08 PM »

Brandon,  huh?

I am now referring to Ward in all future posts as Chewbacca.   However,  since Chewie now argues almost entirely on opinion polls,  rather than the substantive factual points at issue,  I doubt I will get much chance to use the new moniker. 

I like nuts that resemble tiny brains,  like pecans and walnuts.   If you need to make a you are what you eat joke,  have at it.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20201 on: November 09, 2021, 04:28:03 PM »

End the fascist fifth column of Bushtrump judges before they send thousands more of our countrymen to their graves.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20202 on: November 09, 2021, 04:31:27 PM »

Btw, Larry, we are still waiting in that list of ACCOMPLISHMENTS from your Squad friends.

Having trouble finding someone to research it for you?

Hammy is so slow he is growing moss.

Turtles whoosh right by him.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20203 on: November 09, 2021, 04:40:04 PM »

Brandon,  huh?

I am now referring to Ward in all future posts as Chewbacca.   However,  since Chewie now argues almost entirely on opinion polls,  rather than the substantive factual points at issue,  I doubt I will get much chance to use the new moniker. 

My posts only contain facts.
That pisses you off the most.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20204 on: November 09, 2021, 04:40:14 PM »

The author was adopted from Sri Lanka and raised in a white family in Ireland...

Note bene:

If your first instinct is to say NOT ALL WHITE PEOPLE it means you do not believe that should go without saying.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shereeatcheson/2021/01/05/there-is-no-race-card-to-play-because-race-is-intertwined-into-everything/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1345 1346 [1347] 1348 1349 ... 2924