Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750532 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20340 on: November 10, 2021, 05:23:14 PM »

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1458121381766369287

PA Candidate for Senate, talking about women.

Doesnt matter - OZ is getting that nod.
Seems apt. It is the modern Republican party, why not a literal snake oil salesman?

Good catch.   Anything would seem better than a guy who thinks men defended women from dinosaurs.   

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20341 on: November 10, 2021, 05:23:50 PM »

It seems I've hurt Josh's and his strawman's feelings.

LMAO

No Josh I'm hardly perfect.

But I feel perfectly entitled to ask how my debates with Larry are racist.

And when the only answer from Larry is "because" really doesn't satisfy the issue.

Further if my alleged "racist" manner was evident the overly engaged Elba Council of Woke would be all over it.

But not a peep.

Because the evidence was not there.

I don't deal with a lot of white guilt.

As I don't feel guilty, as I did not commit the crime charged.

But I sense you do feel guilt.

Perhaps you should deal with it.

Have a pleasant day.

I told you what I took as racist days ago but you will not acknowledge my perspective gained from years of lived experience.

Larry if you did I didn't see it. I've posted more than usual  post-ban, so I may have skipped over it in haste. So tell me what post, or what words you found racist. That seems a fair request. I know what s in my head and heart and most of my posts, and can tell you that any disagreements we've had from my perspective were content based.

You called me a liar for a year after I admitted I had made an editing mistake on a pull quote.

I have repeated what I took offense to you and even said, it aint what you say it is the way that you say it.

Over the years I have told you on many occasions I hear your fucking dog whistle even when you dont know you are blowing one.

You always turn it on me and say I played the race card.

Using that phrase is in itself racist as you brush aside my concerns.

I'm not going to play this game forever and report posts about our disagreements.

But as best as I can tell, you've given me nothing specifically that you can quote that is racist beyond your feeling I meant something racist?

And I'm telling you my intent is to disagree on the merits of your argument and posts. PERIOD.

And over the years I've told you that.

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I'm not sure what rules are acceptable in an argument that you won't hear racist intent.

And I'm serious.

Lets bury it.

Or try to.

Good luck.

If a guy tells you that he hears a dog whistle coming from you even when you don't know you're blowing one, and you say you don't ever blow one, then it seems there is no where to go in such a conversation.

It's not much different than someone saying that they don't like what you're thinking, and you haven't said anything.

Some might call that paranoia.

And when dealing with a paranoid, there's no telling who you are dealing with or how they might respond.

Here are ways to help the person who is paranoid:

Don't argue. Ask questions about the person's fears, and talk to the person about the paranoia if the person wants to listen to you. If someone is threatening you, you should call for help.

Use simple directions, if needed. Tell the person that no harm will come to him or her and that you can help. For example,  Sit down, and let's talk about it.

Give the person enough personal space so that he or she does not feel trapped or surrounded. Stay with the person but at a distance that is comfortable for him or her and you. Stay more than an arm's reach away.

Call for help if you think anyone is in danger.

Move the person away from the cause of the fear or from noise and activity, if possible.

Ask the person to tell you what is causing the fear. Make a direct statement that you are not afraid.

Focus the person on what is real.

Tell the person everything you are going to do before you do it. 

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20342 on: November 10, 2021, 05:32:42 PM »

LMAO

And when the only answer from Larry is "because" really doesn't satisfy the issue.

Further if my alleged "racist" manner was evident the overly engaged Elba Council of Woke would be all over it.

But not a peep.

Have a pleasant day.

I told you what I took as racist days ago but you will not acknowledge my perspective gained from years of lived experience.

Larry if you did I didn't see it. I've posted more than usual  post-ban, so I may have skipped over it in haste. So tell me what post, or what words you found racist. That seems a fair request. I know what s in my head and heart and most of my posts, and can tell you that any disagreements we've had from my perspective were content based.

You called me a liar for a year after I admitted I had made an editing mistake on a pull quote.

I have repeated what I took offense to you and even said, it aint what you say it is the way that you say it.

Over the years I have told you on many occasions I hear your fucking dog whistle even when you dont know you are blowing one.

I'm not going to play this game forever and repost posts about our disagreements.

But as best as I can tell, you've given me nothing specifically that you can quote that is racist beyond your feeling I meant something racist?

And I'm telling you my intent is to disagree on the merits of your argument and posts. PERIOD.

I'm not sure what rules are acceptable in an argument that you won't hear racist intent.

And I'm serious.
 But dollars to donuts we will disagree in the future and it will be content-based.

So let's bury it.

Or try to.

Then listen when you are told how your signal was received.

You say racist shit and when you get called on it you double down on how I am the one playing the race card.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #20343 on: November 10, 2021, 05:46:37 PM »

LMAO

But not a peep.

Have a pleasant day.

I'm not going to play this game forever and repost posts about our disagreements.

And I'm serious.
 But dollars to donuts we will disagree in the future and it will be content-based.

So let's bury it.

Or try to.

Then listen when you are told how your signal was received.

You say racist shit and when you get called on it you double down on how I am the one playing the race card.

Larry if you can't identify anything specifically that I said which was racist, but insist that whatever you perceive as race-baiting must be race-baiting, that leaves me wondering how to proceed in a normal adult conversation with you, when any hallucinations of bias you suffer will be my fault.

Its not as if I shout ACHTUNG as a Nazi dog whistle almost on a daily basis, which serves to diminish the horrors of WW2 and those who suffered. 

Can you imagine how insensitive that might be?

Or comparing the spread of covid among Afrrican Americans as a Trump plot to the Final Solution, and the premediated extermination of European Jews?

Those are fucking fog horns of anti-semitism, but who would so knowingly do that?

So Larry I tried and I listened and you could not give me one concrete example of my racism other than your insecurities and paranoia.

I feel sorry for you.

I do.

If you want to reconsider, feel free.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 05:50:02 PM by bankshot1 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20344 on: November 10, 2021, 06:29:17 PM »

A New Jersey gym owner who punched a police officer during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was sentenced Wednesday to more than three years in prison, a likely benchmark for dozens of other rioters who engaged in violence that day.

Lets go!!!
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20345 on: November 10, 2021, 06:59:59 PM »

LMAO

But not a peep.

Have a pleasant day.

Hard to believe, but I'm in favor.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20346 on: November 10, 2021, 07:05:17 PM »

EDITED, and thanks to all for their comments and feedback.

I think this exercise show that over years of reading a persons posts, one can get a sense of them to know enough to flag something as out of character. You sounding like a sudden insurrection denialist seemed more typographical than major mental misfunction which you just confirmed.

These opinions we form about posters do not just come from nowhere.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20347 on: November 10, 2021, 07:14:50 PM »

I have been noticing how certain louts using racist attacks, when called on it by their targets, respond by trying to get the target to repeat the slur in the first person by asking the targeted party to repeat what the lout has said that they found racist.

Does anyone believe these louts really want to be educated about the impact of their word more than they are just trying to further their jollies?

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20348 on: November 10, 2021, 07:16:23 PM »

A New Jersey gym owner who punched a police officer during the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was sentenced Wednesday to more than three years in prison, a likely benchmark for dozens of other rioters who engaged in violence that day.

Lets go!!!

Don't you mean, "Lock'em up!"?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20349 on: November 10, 2021, 07:18:31 PM »

EDITED, and thanks to all for their comments and feedback.

I think this exercise show that over years of reading a persons posts, one can get a sense of them to know enough to flag something as out of character. You sounding like a sudden insurrection denialist seemed more typographical than major mental misfunction which you just confirmed.

These opinions we form about posters do not just come from nowhere.

Digital presence is not the same as who a person really is, or how they truly live

Everyone here is masked up, in some way.

I bet even you are far less obnoxious in person.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #20350 on: November 10, 2021, 07:20:05 PM »

"Critical race theory is NOT being taught in our schools!"

Is that so?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/critical-race-theory-americas-50-most-elite-private-k-12-schools

I see quotes from the guy,  but no evidence CRT is taught.   Anti racism training is not the same thing as CRT,  but he seems to have decided that they are.   The fact that a course is taught does not add up to the quote about everything being seen through a racial lens.   Race is one of MANY lenses that historians use.

A little nugget of American History on the anniversary of its occurrence,

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2021/11/10/2063554/-Nov-10-Bloodshed-racism-and-a-brief-history-of-the-only-successful-coup-d-tat-on-U-S-soil

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20351 on: November 10, 2021, 07:38:14 PM »

Lets go!!!

Don't you mean, "Lock'em up!"?

Sure, man - get em all

And put them in the toughest prisons, where they are sure to get wrecked.

AmericA!!!!!!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20352 on: November 10, 2021, 07:46:34 PM »

Well now.

Let us check the latest facts on the Brandon Economy.

Wednesday the Labor Department reported that consumer prices jumped 0.9% in October, or 6.2% from a year ago and the fifth straight month higher than 5%.( fastest rate increase since 1990)
Brandon said this would not happen.

But it did.

A day before we learned that wholesale prices rose 0.6% in October, or 8.6% from a year earlier.
Today, in a separate report, the Labor Department said average hourly earnings after inflation fell 0.5% in the month.

So, despite record levels of pandemic drive government largesse,  real wages  are down 2.2% since January.

Thanks Brandon.

Our purchasing power has declined and so has our standard of living.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 07:48:21 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20353 on: November 10, 2021, 07:49:23 PM »

So, despite record levels of pandemic drive government largesse,  real wages  are down 2.2% since January.

Hmmmm....

Please alert MSNBC and CNN

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20354 on: November 10, 2021, 08:33:46 PM »

Princess Charlotte Casiraghi is a babe.

She would be a hot little wife.

But, she is already married. No need to break up a family.

There are many beautiful women in the world.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 2924