Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1362 1363 [1364] 1365 1366 ... 2924

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 750089 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20445 on: November 11, 2021, 04:25:25 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/10/us/federal-judge-texas-mask-ban-americans-with-disabilities-act/index.html

I was pleased with this court decision.

Preventing mask mandates, in addition to being the opposite of small government, is a too broad dictum.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #20447 on: November 11, 2021, 04:35:54 PM »

What do you think of this new law in Portugal?!

Could it wok in the US? Should it?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/11/success/portugal-employer-contact-law/index.html

Am not clear on the need.   If you work in a hospital,  air traffic control, legal, city services,  or other occupation where important needs for emergency substitutes arises,  it would be problematic.   If you work on creative projects where someone might want to pass along an idea or a tweak or a question, and a deadline is approaching, the law might just be a nuisance.   And the really cut and dried stuff,  eight hours shuffling paper in a cubicle,  is there really a lot of calling from the boss after hours?   Or if you do something like stock shelves at Safeway, are there canned goods emergencies?  I dont know quite where laws like that are aimed,  but there would be many exemptions.

Suddenly craving stir fry.

Holly Martins

« Reply #20448 on: November 11, 2021, 04:51:26 PM »

Let's talk about the Afghanistan problem.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/11/politics/extended-troika-afghanistan-talks/index.html

What?

Did we invite Afghanistan?

No. Why would we?!

So fucked up.  I mean,  sure, the Taliban govt should be more moderate and inclusive yata yata but should not the nation have access to its own Central Bank restored??   Hard to fix up airports and supply lines generally if you are broke.   I do not think using starvation as the political stick here is a good idea.   They.  Need.  Food.  Now.   Let them access their monetary reserves. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20449 on: November 11, 2021, 05:03:56 PM »

CNN and AXIOS trying to polish the turd that is Chris Christie:

https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2021/11/11/beingchris-christie-from-cnns-dana-bash/

https://www.axios.com/axios-hbo-chris-christie-donald-trump-2191cfcd-ff3a-4da5-ac7c-b887d46f63e6.html

To paraphrase Hamilton speaking to John Adams, Sit down Chris, you fat motherfucker!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20450 on: November 11, 2021, 05:14:28 PM »

State school boards associations inFlorida, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Alabama, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina are all disassociating themselves
from the National Organization.
It is the latest predictable response to Merrick Garland siccing the FBI on parents who criticized local school boards.
More to follow.
Thankfully.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20452 on: November 11, 2021, 05:22:16 PM »

State school boards associations inFlorida, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Alabama, Louisiana, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina are all disassociating themselves
It is the latest predictable response to Merrick Garland siccing the FBI on parents who criticized local school boards.
More to follow.
Thankfully.

Criticize...

Yeah, sure

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/coronavirus/2021/08/20-strong-men-lehigh-valley-candidate-plans-to-intimidate-school-boards-over-mask-mandates.html

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20453 on: November 11, 2021, 05:32:43 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20454 on: November 11, 2021, 05:34:17 PM »

More to follow.
If you mean out and out lies about what Garland said and has done, it is sadly to be expected from someone like you, who believes threatening violence against public officials should be encouraged, supported and protected provided the right people are doing the threatening.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20455 on: November 11, 2021, 05:39:30 PM »

What a... convenient and unprovable conversation. I mean, even admitting the point.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #20456 on: November 11, 2021, 05:54:34 PM »

More to follow.
If you mean out and out lies about what Garland said and has done, it is sadly to be expected from someone like you, who believes threatening violence against public officials should be encouraged, supported and protected provided the right people are doing the threatening.
The news is not hard to keep up with if you read it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20457 on: November 11, 2021, 06:10:29 PM »

What a... convenient and unprovable conversation. I mean, even admitting the point.

Sure, that's the nature of anecdotes, after all.

I could talk about my experiences of being a Jew, too, and they would be both equally convenient and equally unprovable.

How many such stories does one need?

"Even admitting the point."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20458 on: November 11, 2021, 06:18:48 PM »

Two board members, Courtland representative Rabih Abuismail and Livingston representative Kirk Twigg, said they would like to see the removed books burned.

I think we should throw those books in a fire, Abuismail said, and Twigg said he wants to see the books before we burn them so we can identify within our community that we are eradicating this bad stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/11/10/i-think-we-should-throw-those-books-fire-movement-builds-right-target-books/

Book burnings...

Nope. Cannot happen here.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #20459 on: November 11, 2021, 06:35:49 PM »

Some of your Achtungs are not hyperbolic at all.   That is truly disturbing.   

The attitude is reminiscent of Nazi Germany entartete kunst . (degenerate art)
Pages: 1 ... 1362 1363 [1364] 1365 1366 ... 2924