Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1388 1389 [1390] 1391 1392 ... 2793

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 655409 times)

Holly Martins

Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20835 on: November 17, 2021, 09:39:38 AM »

If this does not happen tomorrow night

https://phys.org/news/2021-11-longest-lunar-eclipse-centuries-week.html

Then we can start talking about science denial as a stronger position.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20836 on: November 17, 2021, 10:19:29 AM »

Given that we've been successfully predicting eclipses for a long time now, this does not seem to be a likely candidate for the denialists to lean on. It's not even "will it happen?" - We know the length and how much will be in shadow at each point in time.

https://www.popsci.com/people-have-been-able-to-predict-eclipses-for-really-long-time-heres-how/
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20837 on: November 17, 2021, 11:18:21 AM »

Good piece, referencing Lincoln's contemporary critics, and clarifying his status as a pragmatic moderate.

https://medium.com/frame-of-reference/abraham-lincoln-was-president-he-was-moderate-99991d2fc15f

So Lincoln pragmatically and moderately ordered the mowing down and plowing in of whole fields of rebels for year after year ongoing until they agreed to set aside their arms and rejoin the Union.

Jan 6 was our Sumpter. Bannon and Prince and Flynn are competing for the role of Stonewall Jackson. I am waiting for the moderate and pragmatic action now comprehensive, punitive, and spectacular enough to forstall the moderate and pragmatic exchange of lead, bombs, and drones in towns across the country that the right wing seditionist yahoo dirtbags of our day are steadily dragging us toward.

What Lincoln did not have was a DHS, FBI, Patriot Act, or RICO laws.

If Jeff Davis and friends were all busy on different chain gangs, does the south even manage to succeed? In authoritarian structures, like hives and nests, you can do immense structural damage by removing all the potential queens.

That is the current moderate pragmatic approach. Just ask Liz Cheney.

Get help.

Wake up.

Go with what really works, zealot.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20838 on: November 17, 2021, 11:20:00 AM »

You mean Friday morning.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20839 on: November 17, 2021, 11:22:24 AM »

Drink up!

But hold the cream and sugar, honey, and all that other crap you people put into your cups!

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-coffee-and-tea-can-help-lower-the-risk-of-stroke-dementia

A study released today by researchers at Tianjin Medical University says healthy individuals between the ages of 50 and 74 who drank two to three cups of coffee or three to five cups of tea per day, or a combination of four to six cups of both per day, had the lowest incidence of stroke and dementia among 365,682 study participants.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 11:24:54 AM by Hamilton Samuels »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20840 on: November 17, 2021, 11:29:30 AM »

https://news.yahoo.com/major-storm-could-throw-wrench-183932393.html

Thanksgiving travel. Should be fun at Newark, O'Hare, and elsewhere, next week.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20841 on: November 17, 2021, 11:32:40 AM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20842 on: November 17, 2021, 11:47:21 AM »

How you fight extremists. IN COURT.

https://news.yahoo.com/two-unite-defendants-asked-judge-142614572.html

That is one way. We should do a lot more of it right now. It is one of the best ways, but it is not the only way and it will not be enough on its own.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20844 on: November 17, 2021, 12:19:41 PM »

Drink up!

But hold the cream and sugar, honey, and all that other crap you people put into your cups!

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/how-coffee-and-tea-can-help-lower-the-risk-of-stroke-dementia

A study released today by researchers at Tianjin Medical University says healthy individuals between the ages of 50 and 74 who drank two to three cups of coffee or three to five cups of tea per day, or a combination of four to six cups of both per day, had the lowest incidence of stroke and dementia among 365,682 study participants.

Thank you for this and other recent links - I am using a bunch of them for my Current Events class and they are both timely and apropos.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20845 on: November 17, 2021, 12:34:03 PM »

Fuckin A
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20846 on: November 17, 2021, 12:58:00 PM »

So sleep increases stroke risk?
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20847 on: November 17, 2021, 01:18:58 PM »

We need for Americans to work together as a team to help other Americans, and we need to put America first.

And the people in Government need to be part of my team, the Government needs to be full of my friends and family and of good people who are on the side of the American people. I need to feel like my Government is working for me.

Our Government needs to be "Of the people, by the people, for the people."

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #20849 on: November 17, 2021, 01:23:16 PM »

Drink up!

Thank you for this and other recent links - I am using a bunch of them for my Current Events class and they are both timely and apropos.

You're welcome.

Just a question, though.

Probably you do this, but shouldn't your students be gathering those events more than you are?
Pages: 1 ... 1388 1389 [1390] 1391 1392 ... 2793