Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1390 1391 [1392] 1393 1394 ... 2793

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 655388 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #20865 on: November 17, 2021, 04:13:10 PM »

I think the tattooed braying elk dude should not have gotten 41 months in jail.  His needs seem to be more in the area of mental health treatment than the penal system.  And there were plenty of capitol stormers who were in their right minds and do deserve prison time.  Let the shaman go to a sweatlodge and then rub him down with willow branches and sage.

Apparently his actions previous to the attack was pretty instrumental in spreading and recruiting for the attack.

I have nothing to back that up beyond a reasoned opinion.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20866 on: November 17, 2021, 04:24:35 PM »

If you get a chance check out the speech AOC gave in the House today.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20867 on: November 17, 2021, 04:42:13 PM »

We should not allow foreign countries to control our media, and our entertainment, and our music, etc, and our news, etc.

Americans need to wake up, and Americans need to start working together all as Americans putting Americans first.

Our streets are full of homeless people. I was out there homeless for 2 years, clean and sober and educated and trained for work. And they figure if you do not feed people that they will just go away.

We cannot get comfortable with our streets being full of homeless people. And we need to really watch what is going on with our entertainment industry and who owns the studios. And we need to wake up as more whores sell out to the Chinese communists. Some people only care about money, and they will sell America out, and they will pretend that they do not see the homeless people all over our sidewalks.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20868 on: November 17, 2021, 04:52:05 PM »

We can start by liquidating Australian owned media conglomerates, Tony. This would release a good part of this countrys heads from the magnetic hold exerted by their own assholes.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20869 on: November 17, 2021, 04:56:39 PM »

The press painted the Arbery shooter as some kind of dumb yokel - couldn't be further from the truth.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20870 on: November 17, 2021, 04:58:32 PM »

If you get a chance check out the speech AOC gave in the House today.

Saw it.

She was on point.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #20871 on: November 17, 2021, 04:59:41 PM »

The press painted the Arbery shooter as some kind of dumb yokel - couldn't be further from the truth.

That is actually worse...

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20872 on: November 17, 2021, 05:00:41 PM »

Bipartisanship continues

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/17/house-gosar-censure-aoc-video-522794

Two votes is not much, but two votes is also not zero.

It is going to be interesting when he gets called before the select committee and the results of further investigations into his conduct and the conduct of his staff and contributors are made public.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20873 on: November 17, 2021, 05:02:20 PM »

Tony - I appreciate you pal - but I have to PAUSE you for a while -

I'd invite you to comment at times on some of the issues of the day which are being discussed here.  At least occasionally.

Wish you the best -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #20874 on: November 17, 2021, 05:07:46 PM »

I think the tattooed braying elk dude should not have gotten 41 months in jail.  His needs seem to be more in the area of mental health treatment than the penal system.  And there were plenty of capitol stormers who were in their right minds and do deserve prison time.  Let the shaman go to a sweatlodge and then rub him down with willow branches and sage.

Apparently his actions previous to the attack was pretty instrumental in spreading and recruiting for the attack.

Most of these guys arent going to have big time lawyers

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20875 on: November 17, 2021, 05:08:05 PM »

The Japanese are still pissed off about the bombs, and they are still pissed off about the internment camps, etc. Some of them want for Americans to hate themselves and to commit suicide for the sins of past generations. And they certainly are not out there helping the homeless Americans. I do not want for the Japanese to control my music, and my movies, and my media, etc.

And it is obvious why I do not want for the Chinese communists to control our media.

Maybe we can just have free speech for everyone. That would mean that I could open my own studio here in Anaheim with the help of rich people from the Philippines, or with the Italians, or with the help of the French.

I believe in free speech, and as long as people do not start telling me what I cannot say, or what movie I cannot make, etc, then it is all bullshit. If they block me from working, or if the try to silence my voice, then it is all bullshit. I was homeless for 2 years here in Hollywood, and no one was out there helping the homeless. They just figure when you get hungry you will leave.

The people from the Philippines are helping the homeless in the USA, then they should be allowed to own businesses here.

And I support Manny the PacMan buying the Mirage in Vegas with a groups of wealthy people from the Philippines, they are welcome in Vegas. Manny loves Vegas.

I am open for business, and I support free speech, but if they block me from being able to make a living, and if they cast my community into poverty, and if they try to silence my voice, then it is all bulllshit.

If they flood my neighborhood with meth and make television shows which tell people how great meth is, then it is all bullshit. The motherfuckers who are producing the television shows are assholes. We need to have our own voices and we need to be allowed to work and to speak up.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #20876 on: November 17, 2021, 05:36:28 PM »

Los Angeles Sheriff Villanueva was on television this morning, talking about how there needs to be a sense of urgency on the issue of helping the homeless, he said he hears a lot of talk, but he does not see a lot of action, and he said that there does not seem to be a sense of urgency to help the poor people who are homeless.

We need to have a sense of urgency, and we need to build the kind of good caring communities which help people on our own without the government needing to come in and take action. We should build the kind of communities which automatically help our poor and our needy, and which automatically create jobs for our people and which nurture our people.

When it gets to the point when there are homeless people with no sense of urgency to help them, then many things are broken in our society.

Many believe that we should be grateful for what we have and ignore other people, but that is not who we are as Christians. As Christians we are instructed to help the poor and the needy, etc. It should come natural for us to help the poor and the needy.

Now that Biden has made money available, and as Newsom has made money available, etc, then I hope that there will be a sense of urgency when it comes to helping our homeless people, we need to get them indoors and we need to help them.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 05:43:36 PM by FlyingVProd »

Holly Martins

« Reply #20877 on: November 17, 2021, 05:40:49 PM »

And it is a valid one.   He was instrumental.  My belief is that he was also a mentally ill man who was used as an instrument by others.   I think he is one case where treatment will reform better than caging.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #20878 on: November 17, 2021, 05:42:01 PM »

What is your source then on his true character? 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20879 on: November 17, 2021, 05:43:01 PM »

Bipartisanship continues

http://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/17/house-gosar-censure-aoc-video-522794

Two votes is not much, but two votes is also not zero.

It is going to be interesting when he gets called before the select committee and the results of further investigations into his conduct and the conduct of his staff and contributors are made public.
His winning margin in his district may drop to 65%.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14
Pages: 1 ... 1390 1391 [1392] 1393 1394 ... 2793