Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 760998 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #22350 on: December 18, 2021, 02:22:30 PM »

I go to San Bernardino for Basque food every so often. Things seem bleak at the current trajectory. They need grid scale electrical storage there to revive the local economy and put the oil wells out of commission. Big sun and big wind are constants in San Bernardino.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22351 on: December 18, 2021, 02:24:08 PM »

I support world trade, that is great, what I do not support is when they shut down our plants and move all of the jobs to other countries. When you shut down factories and take people's jobs away, then it is all bad. And over time since the 1990s all of the factories have left California. Now we have homeless people all over our streets.

We have some rising stars such as Sabrina Cervantes, and California will bounce back.

Plus, the economy is good in Las Vegas, and Nevada is doing good. We need to build high speed trains, etc, for our tourists.

Right now would be a good time to educate our population, we can use some of the money from tariffs on imports to send our people to school. We can train people for the jobs of the future. There will always be uneducated people to do the labor, we need to educate our population and we need to get the most out of our people. We need to educate people, and then we can give them business loans, etc, and the educated people will create local jobs.

We also need to give redevelopment money to rebuild the slums, and for community beautification. People can clean things up, they can lay cobblestones, and they can plant trees, and they can have fountains, etc. It makes a big difference psychologically if we clean things up and if we have nice landscaping, etc. We can hire the homeless people to do public landscaping, and we need to have cheap hostels and cheap studio apartments that workers with low wages can afford.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22352 on: December 18, 2021, 02:35:13 PM »

I go to San Bernardino for Basque food every so often. Things seem bleak at the current trajectory. They need grid scale electrical storage there to revive the local economy and put the oil wells out of commission. Big sun and big wind are constants in San Bernardino.

I am sure Sabrina Cervantes is on top of the clean energy issue. But, yes, it was looking pretty bleak. I was really depressed about what has happened in San Bernardino and I was really happy to see Sabrina doing good things to help people and to change the trajectory.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22353 on: December 18, 2021, 02:47:33 PM »

I remember the Clinton years, it was all downhill here in California, and I remember watching him on television as he did everything wrong.

Your memory doesn't align with the facts.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Holly Martins

« Reply #22355 on: December 18, 2021, 03:18:03 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/12/18/the-american-mao-donald-has-led-the-party-into-a-cultural-revolution/

One hopes this version of Mao ist cultural revolution fades when Trump dies, but i am not sure but what torches will simply be passed.  I liked this bit from the column...

Most recently, there was the release of text messages sent to Mark Meadows by Fox stars Hannity, Ingraham and Fox & Friends host Brian Kilmeade, asking the then-White House chief of staff to get Trump to call off the insurrection and send his followers home. After that news hit the headlines, the Fox hosts reacted like they had been bitten by a rabid hedgehog, denying that their texts had said what they said and pledging lifetime fealty to the Maximum Leader.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22356 on: December 18, 2021, 03:18:51 PM »

You understand you just advanced a good reason to mandate more vaccination, right?
More mandates that are illegal and cause a shortage of health workers?

And why is there a shortage of health care workers in the first place?  Because there are so many sick people, which results from high rates of covid infection, which in turn results from lack of public health mandates like universal vaccination.   Nothing in our legal system bars extraordinary measures to deal with contagious diseases.  That is how smallpox was eradicated.  (See my previous comment on when personal bodily autonomy gives way to demands  of serious public health threats)

Nothing in the legal system?
How is Brandon doing in the courts?
Ask the 6th Circuit.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22357 on: December 18, 2021, 03:21:53 PM »

Yeah....

Christian Evangelicals love Israel more than American Jews... maybe because Evangelicals cannot wait for Israel to be destroyed so they can all get raptured to heaven...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-jews-israel/2021/12/17/12f68c2c-5f50-11ec-ae5b-5002292337c7_story.html
Wow. All those people who called out Ilan Omar for her simalar comments about Jewish people are about to come out of the woodwork screaning in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1....
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #22358 on: December 18, 2021, 03:32:19 PM »

Sabrina Cervantes does not seem at all quixotic in her policies.

(had to say something to drown out the crickets).

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22359 on: December 18, 2021, 03:46:13 PM »

One interesting thing, the Prince of England lives in California with his family, he could live anywhere in the world, and he picked California.

I remember when I lived in Malibu the Prince's Mother Princess Diana was going to marry Dodi Fayed and move to Malibu right by where I lived, she was going to buy a house on Pacific Coast Highway next door to Olivia Newton John. Everyone in Malibu was excited to have her as a neighbor. If she would have lived I might have been able to have drinks with them at Monroe's restaurant, it was the best restaurant in Malibu and it was named after Marilyn Monroe and if the Princess lived then she would have went there, I would have met her for sure. I was was looking forward to meeting her, and I was sad when she died. And I was sad for her family for losing her. I lost my father when I was 9 years old, and I know what the pain is like to lose a parent.

Anyhow, the Prince can live anywhere in the world, and he picked California. Maybe he can help the people here, he is welcome to help the people if he wants to, we can use all of the help we can get.

Of note, I met a dude who his mother was Meghan's acting coach, GiGi Perreau...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigi_Perreau

They need to get the British to drink California wine and to drink California orange juice.

So we have that going for us, we have people who can live anywhere in the world they choose, and they are picking California still. People still love California.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22360 on: December 18, 2021, 04:55:57 PM »

Sabrina Cervantes does not seem at all quixotic in her policies.

(had to say something to drown out the crickets).

Here is a little information about Sabrina Cervantes...

https://sabrinacervantes.com/about-sabrina-cervantes/

She is trying to improve the economy and bring jobs to the Inland Empire and to California.

She even went to study at Harvard.

I would recommend some acting classes at the AADA to improve her speeches, she can be a more passionate speaker. When you represent people who are out there on the streets cold and hungry then you need to speak with passion and with urgency. She needs a little training still, Betty Karlen at the AADA in Hollywood could help her to be a more passionate speaker.

Sabrina Cervantes is a Democrat so Nancy Pelosi supports her, and Nancy can help to pass her wisdom onto Sabrina.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22362 on: December 18, 2021, 05:53:21 PM »

I remember the Clinton years, it was all downhill here in California, and I remember watching him on television as he did everything wrong.

Your memory doesn't align with the facts.

That is a pre-rehab memory, Josh.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22363 on: December 18, 2021, 06:06:13 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2021/12/18/the-american-mao-donald-has-led-the-party-into-a-cultural-revolution/

One hopes this version of Mao ist cultural revolution fades when Trump dies, but i am not sure but what torches will simply be passed.  I liked this bit from the column...

Most recently, there was the release of text messages sent to Mark Meadows by Fox stars Hannity, Ingraham and Fox & Friends host Brian Kilmeade, asking the then-White House chief of staff to get Trump to call off the insurrection and send his followers home. After that news hit the headlines, the Fox hosts reacted like they had been bitten by a rabid hedgehog, denying that their texts had said what they said and pledging lifetime fealty to the Maximum Leader.

Heh
Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 [1491] 1492 1493 ... 2929