Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 761912 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #22500 on: December 24, 2021, 08:26:09 AM »

Her first mistake was being a cop.

No, her mistake was reaching for the wrong weapon.

His mistake was not showing up for his bench warrant, and then resisting arrest, and then trying to flee a group of police officers.

Her mistake costs her freedom. His cost him his life.

But, it wasn't much of a life, anyway.

The world will keep turning without folks like Daunte Wright in it.

I'll pause while you all dry your eyes at this great loss for humanity.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22501 on: December 24, 2021, 10:21:32 AM »

Wow - the Kim Potter trial not turning out as we all thought.  Jury truly deadlocked.  Have no idea how this plays out.  Feel for everyone in this one.

Especially Daunte Wright...

Guilty ...of first and second degree manslaughter.
Judge declined her lawyer's request she be allowed out on bail to spend Christmas with her family.
BLM got a mention in the news report.
Will probably get 7 years in prison...news said. Only one supporter, her husband.

"Same prosecutors as for Chauvin".

Her second mistake was, having made the first mistake, trying to arrest anyone.

Except that her case is nothing like Chauvin's.

If Daunte Wright hadn't had an outstanding arrest warrant, and hadn't resisted arrest, he wouldn't have been shot with a gun by mistake instead of a taser, and would be alive today.

Someone said yesterday it was more like Alec Baldwin.  EVERYONE is responsible for a firearm in his/her hands.  From a school shooter - to a gang banger to a homeowner to a cop to an actor.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22502 on: December 24, 2021, 10:23:45 AM »

No, her mistake was reaching for the wrong weapon.

His mistake was not showing up for his bench warrant, and then resisting arrest, and then trying to flee a group of police officers.

Her mistake costs her freedom. His cost him his life.

But, it wasn't much of a life, anyway.

I'll pause while you all dry your eyes at this great loss for humanity.

No, her mistake cost him his life.

You can keep saying it was his mistake from now til doomsday, but he did nothing that should have led to his death. She was a training officer and if she cannot tell her left from her right, then she had no business being in that position.

There was no urgency to stopping him. He wasn't a threat.

And while you see no great loss, I would bet that his 2 year old would beg to differ.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22503 on: December 24, 2021, 10:24:28 AM »

Keith Ellison says Daunte Wright "could have been anything"

He's not correct?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22504 on: December 24, 2021, 10:25:39 AM »

Wow - the Kim Potter trial not turning out as we all thought.  Jury truly deadlocked.  Have no idea how this plays out.  Feel for everyone in this one.

Judge declined her lawyer's request she be allowed out on bail to spend Christmas with her family.
Will probably get 7 years in prison...news said. Only one supporter, her husband.

If Daunte Wright hadn't had an outstanding arrest warrant, and hadn't resisted arrest, he wouldn't have been shot with a gun by mistake instead of a taser, and would be alive today.

Someone said yesterday it was more like Alec Baldwin.  EVERYONE is responsible for a firearm in his/her hands.  From a school shooter - to a gang banger to a homeowner to a cop to an actor.

And a cop is supposed to be more responsible.

And a training cop all the more so.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22505 on: December 24, 2021, 10:26:38 AM »

And while you see no great loss, I would bet that his 2 year old would beg to differ.

And if anyone took the time they could now trace this fatherless child's path - and form a connection.  But not many take that time.

How/where does it end?  Not where good men do nothing.  Not ever, likely.

You take the life you are given - and live it.  Survive the madness.  Everyone has their fun - and their grief.  No exceptions.

Holly Martins

« Reply #22506 on: December 24, 2021, 10:28:15 AM »

Coming from a supporter of the party of treason monkeys....

...Again from a person who considers political differences to be (the democrat hatred of Americans). I have heard that type of shit from right wingers all my life, listened to idiots like Greene and you call me a Communist all my life, had my patriotism questioned for being left of center all my life. And I get lectured by someone still butt hurt because Hilary Clinton said something mean about them? Go take flying fuck at a rolling donut.

And again, the people Clinton referred to as deplorable were people with racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic

Been AFK the past week, just catching up.   This was great.  I think Kurt Vonnegut would have loved it.
And, well, HEAR HEAR! 

And, what Josh said.  Trainer cops expected to know about guns and procedure. 

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22507 on: December 24, 2021, 10:31:55 AM »

Faulty reasoning.  That being untrained and unpaid for service gives any more right to be negligent.  This permeates the current landscape in the US - and is why we have so many gun deaths.  Do gang bangers (not to pick on them exclusively) even know that a bullet intended for a target could kill an innocent by ricochet or simply poor aim?  When are they told - and by who?  Education shouldnt be just for a police force.

Holly Martins

« Reply #22508 on: December 24, 2021, 10:41:22 AM »

So the Brothers Grinch ( Fauci and Brandon) suggest a segregated Christmas.
The unvaccinated should not be invited to celebrate with the vaccinated.

Which begs the question.
Do the vaccines actually work?

There are, in the 1500 pages of this thread, hundreds of them with links to all the research that unequivocally shows, based on epidemiologic data from across the globe, that vaccines greatly decreases your risk of getting sick, getting seriously ill, or dying, and also decreases your virus shedding (transmission to others), and when boosted offers superior protection to variants.  We have had a good knowledge of how vaccines work, and how they can end epidemics, since the 1800s.   There is no more question to be begged than there is with cleaning hands and instruments before surgery, or that vitamin C prevents scurvy.  You fucking dimwit.

Holly Martins

« Reply #22509 on: December 24, 2021, 10:49:10 AM »

Congress can gibbet the sedition six, Jordan, Perry, Brooks, et. al., in the fresh air of Layette Park until they make their full confessions. This is entirely based on the will of the House majority with no room for interference from the executive or from the courts.

If I recall what a gibbet is, you cannot confess from it.  When you are hoisted on a gibbet, you are already a corpse. The gibbet is for displaying it, as a moral lesson.  Not an image I entirely mind savoring for a moment.  Cheers.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #22510 on: December 24, 2021, 10:54:01 AM »

So, execution by a member of the police is okay if somebody is accused of a crime, without a trial.

This was an accident. Not a deliberate killing.
It's absolutely nothing like Chauvin.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #22511 on: December 24, 2021, 10:58:13 AM »

See Baldwin in prison?
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22512 on: December 24, 2021, 11:17:35 AM »

It's absolutely nothing like Chauvin.

Is - and isnt

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22513 on: December 24, 2021, 11:24:14 AM »

See Baldwin in prison?

Wouldnt mind.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22514 on: December 24, 2021, 11:44:38 AM »

Faulty reasoning.  That being untrained and unpaid for service gives any more right to be negligent.  This permeates the current landscape in the US - and is why we have so many gun deaths.  Do gang bangers (not to pick on them exclusively) even know that a bullet intended for a target could kill an innocent by ricochet or simply poor aim?  When are they told - and by who?  Education shouldnt be just for a police force.

I happen to agree that education shouldn't be just for a police force - have been arguing that just as I think everybody should be taught to swim, everybody should be taught how to safely handle a gun.

But I strongly disagree about the right to be negligent - that is, I think the average citizen has a burden to handle their gun safely, but police should be held to a higher standard than the average citizen in their handling of their weapons. They receive far more training and have far more opportunity to screw up. They are expected to use their weapon in the course of their duties. They are entrusted to use their weapons appropriately.

And a cop given the responsibility of training others has a higher standard, still.
Pages: 1 ... 1499 1500 [1501] 1502 1503 ... 2929