Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1505 1506 [1507] 1508 1509 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 762555 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #22590 on: December 27, 2021, 09:25:07 AM »

But thanks for the sentiment.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22591 on: December 27, 2021, 09:43:12 AM »

Why would I get tested?  I have no symptoms.

Positive PCR test would imply you got tested and have virus present in your system. Especially if you do not have symptoms, maybe yet or maybe never, the way you tell if you still have enough virus to shed and can deal death with every conversation is further tests. A negative does not necessarily mean you are clear. A positive one almost definitely means you are a threat and should stay hunkered down in isolation.

Have a good Kwanza.

Hydroxychlorionique, Ivermectin, and bleach do not work. Nor will mud or multivitamins or theraflu.

Please try to be smarter about this than you are about most things.

Also, you are currently disinvited from coming to San Diego and getting your taco.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22592 on: December 27, 2021, 10:43:58 AM »

Why would I get tested?  I have no symptoms.

Because false positives exist and you might get cleared to rejoin the team sooner,

But if you are ok with just isolating, it's fine with me, Kid. May the time pass comfortably and fruitfully.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22593 on: December 27, 2021, 12:19:55 PM »

a)  Had Covid 2 months back

b)  vaccinated but not yet eligible for boost

c)  negative current test

d)  Can you still be shedding virus?

- all hypotheticals
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 12:22:20 PM by kidcarter8 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22594 on: December 27, 2021, 12:24:05 PM »

- all hypotheticals

Hypothetically, the person described above could still shed, though it is very unlikely. See next post, with data from a week ago.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22595 on: December 27, 2021, 12:25:14 PM »

Latest CDC data by vaccine status:

Unvaccinated: 451 cases per 100k
Vaccinated: 134 cases per 100k
Boosted: 48 cases per 100k

Unvaccinated: 6.1 deaths per 100k
Vaccinated: 0.5 deaths per 100k
Boosted: 0.1 deaths per 100k

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22596 on: December 27, 2021, 12:57:46 PM »

- all hypotheticals

If the negative current test is a false negative, you could be shedding virus. If you had just caught a new to you strain and it was replicating but had not advanced enough to show on the test then hypothetically you could pass some of your viral load to others.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #22598 on: December 27, 2021, 01:55:59 PM »

OK one more

One in the house with positive COVID test (symptomatic, vaccinated and recent boost) - but there has been no close (6 feet for 15 minutes) contact.  IS now isolated but sharing a restroom.  With no symptoms, should the others necessarily test?

Thanks

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22599 on: December 27, 2021, 02:24:58 PM »

OK one more

One in the house with positive COVID test (symptomatic, vaccinated and recent boost) - but there has been no close (6 feet for 15 minutes) contact.  IS now isolated but sharing a restroom.  With no symptoms, should the others necessarily test?

Thanks

So... the 6 feet thing has been a myth for a long time. A convenient one, but a myth, nonetheless.

Symptomatic is one part of the problem. If the booster is less than 2 weeks old, then there is more of a risk, but a small risk even after.

Part of the question is whether it's Delta or Omicron, not in terms of contagion but in terms of the degree of risk. In NH I would guess Delta, in NY I would guess Omicron. I don't know most individual states.

The other problem is the bathroom, as you suggest. The COVID particles can remain in the air for up to 3 hours after an infectious person has breathed there. This is one of the reasons I encouraged getting the HEPA-rated air purifier. It won't get everything, but it will do a great job. Open the window, too, despite the temperature.

And are they using the same hallway or are there two doors to the bathroom? If they are using the same hallway, that area, too, needs to be considered.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22600 on: December 27, 2021, 02:26:12 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/12/27/candace-owens-trump-vaccines-nr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

Listening to Owens trying to explain away Trump's praise of the effectiveness of the vaccines is simultaneously hilarious and bitterly sad.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22601 on: December 27, 2021, 02:36:20 PM »

OK one more

Thanks

Hell yes they should test.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22602 on: December 27, 2021, 02:46:37 PM »

Biden's economy is booming! The Biden Economy is the biggest driver of economic growth around the world!

Once again, the Democrats (moderates) are busy bringing back the USA.

No wonder Red like to stay off that topic, and Larry wants to whine about not getting enough handouts: https://www.wsj.com/articles/booming-u-s-economy-ripples-world-wide-straining-supply-chains-and-driving-up-prices-11640082604

VOTING RIGHTS... why are moderates holding back on the preservation of democracy?

Why do you hate so much?

I love America.

I hate racists.

I hate fascists.

I hate those that make it possible for them to succeed.

Grow up.

So, you're self-loathing, given your documented racism and your support for the extreme left.

Wake up.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 02:48:34 PM by Hamilton Samuels »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #22603 on: December 27, 2021, 03:56:29 PM »

I had a wonderful Christmas with Mom in the desert, and now it is nice to be back in the OC.

But I am going to write a letter to Metrolink to complain about their service. I bought a ticket for $10 that was supposed to allow me to travel all day on Metrolink trains, and they did not say a thing about any routes being canceled. So, then I get to Los Angeles and I find out that the train to the OC was canceled, there was no warning, and I had to ride an Amtrak bus for $17, and they do not give you a choice you either pay the $17 or be stranded. I got mad at the Amtrak lady who explained the situation to me, but I realize it was not her fault. I apologized to her for getting angry about the situation, and I went ahead and paid the money to get home. She was real nice, she said she loved my long hair, and she told me to write a letter to Metrolink to complain. She was a nice lady, and she had to deal with angry people all day. The people at the top who let this happen at Christmas time need to be fired.

The bus driver was a comedian, people in Los Angeles are cool people, and he told us jokes the whole way as he drove. He was a cool bus driver.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #22604 on: December 27, 2021, 04:30:17 PM »

So, you're self-loathing, given your documented racism and your support for the extreme left.

Wake up.

Though you may not be aware of it because it is definitely too small to feel, people will take you more seriously if you take your dick out of your mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 1505 1506 [1507] 1508 1509 ... 2929