Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 ... 2929

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 764983 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23115 on: January 13, 2022, 04:27:13 PM »

If the Biden rant on Tuesday was not demonizing his opponents then it has no meaning at all.
Filibuster issues aside the dems had a losing hand since they had no conclusive backing from voters.
It is darned hard  to rewrite the constitution without consent of the governed and 51-50 is hardly that.

81-75, asshole.

You are a demon, opponent of America. Saving the nation requires your rapid disempowerment at the very least. If this bothers you, you should not have turned against the nation that suckled you your whole cancerous life. If you want to limit the pain of your comeuppance, be a patriot and back your President, Joe Biden, and his wise and popular agenda.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23116 on: January 13, 2022, 04:29:35 PM »

Hard to get conclusive backing from voters when they hit barriers getting to polls.

Give me the name of a qualified voter and I will tell you how they can vote without any complications

Stop crying.   So making shit up.  Stop creating victims so easily.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23117 on: January 13, 2022, 04:32:02 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/1/13/2074504/-The-Supreme-Court-s-ruling-against-vaccine-mandates-is-much-much-worse-than-it-seems

Ratfuck republicans because they never miss an opportunity to ratfuck you and they never will until they are effectively all broken and inert.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23118 on: January 13, 2022, 04:32:39 PM »

Hard to get conclusive backing from voters when they hit barriers getting to polls.

Give me the name of a qualified voter and I will tell you how they can vote without any complications

Taco?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23119 on: January 13, 2022, 04:58:43 PM »

Barriers you can never list nor provide any evidence of suppression at the polls.
As for 51-50 being undemocratic, why is that margin okay in STATES where slim GOP majorities gerrymander and pass laws to choke minorities voting? 
Ah yes, the oft repeated sap to blacks.  The GOP and voter IDs are keeping you away from the polls.
Trouble ifor you because not even blacks believe that anymore.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 05:00:16 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23120 on: January 13, 2022, 05:08:57 PM »

You've been given this again and again, Kid.

Ward, too.

When there is one polling place in a thousand square miles where there had been a dozen, then it is hard.

When they are waiting to vote for hours, then it is hard.

When they need state ID to vote, the state has cut down what is considered acceptable ID, and it has restricted the number of hours the issuing venue is open, then it is hard.

You no doubt want to define "without complications" in some way that ignores their reality.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23121 on: January 13, 2022, 05:09:36 PM »

"Harder" is not the same as impossible.

Stop creating victims and we.can stop pointing them out.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23123 on: January 13, 2022, 05:20:47 PM »

You've been given this again and again, Kid.

Ward, too.

When there is one polling place in a thousand square miles where there had been a dozen, then it is hard.

When they are waiting to vote for hours, then it is hard.

When they need state ID to vote, the state has cut down what is considered acceptable ID, and it has restricted the number of hours the issuing venue is open, then it is hard.

You no doubt want to define "without complications" in some way that ignores their reality.
LOL!
Do not ever change, Josh.
Just keep recycling democrat talking points.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23124 on: January 13, 2022, 05:43:45 PM »

Biden in the Week of political Hell.

He goes to Georgia to charge up the troops for a National Takeover of Elections and Georgian Stacey Abrams, the voting rights queen, is nowhere to be found.

Biden demonizes the GOP in his speech of lies and even democrats concede he went too far.

Today he goes to Capitol Hill to lobby the Senate on the bill while Senator Sinema kills it.

Then on his way back to the White House he gets word SCOTUS points out his vaccine mandate is probably unconstitutional.

Then the polls. Biden favorability 33 per cent
Trump should run again in 2024  33 per cent

God help us.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 05:59:31 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23125 on: January 13, 2022, 06:10:57 PM »

Then on his way back to the White House he gets word SCOTUS points out his vaccine mandate is probably unconstitutional.
Probably? Since when has the SCOTUS spoken in probability terms. And 8f they felt it was "probably " unconstitutional then why approve the medical professionals mandate?

It was an Admin Law decision not a Constitutional Law one. The Conservative activist Court engaged in legislating from the bench. It was that rewriting of OSHA's mandate and substituting the Court's judgement for that of the body Congress delegated authority to, and not the Constitution, that sparked the decision.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23126 on: January 13, 2022, 07:10:37 PM »

Probably? Since when has the SCOTUS spoken in probability terms. And 8f they felt it was "probably " unconstitutional then why approve the medical professionals mandate?
I thought you were a lawyer.
It was an Admin Law decision not a Constitutional Law one. The Conservative activist Court engaged in legislating from the bench. It was that rewriting of OSHA's mandate and substituting the Court's judgement for that of the body Congress delegated authority to, and not the Constitution, that sparked the decision.
The Court ruled on a stay. The merits are still in lower courts.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #23127 on: January 13, 2022, 07:51:31 PM »

Since no one would even invite Red to a funeral, he has no idea how bad things are and how much mandates can help.

FailedStateWard will never manage to figure it out.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #23128 on: January 13, 2022, 08:29:40 PM »

I thought you were a lawyer.
The Court ruled on a stay. The merits are still in lower courts.

Siddown you clown!

SCOTUS said Covid19 was not a workplace hazard because you could catch it elsewhere.

I am not a lawyer but I know bullshit when I hear it.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23129 on: January 13, 2022, 09:34:51 PM »

Good things can happen, and if one ever actually accomplishes the impossible then one should not complain that it took too long. Just be grateful and appreciate success if you are lucky enough to succeed.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1540 1541 [1542] 1543 1544 ... 2929