Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1553 1554 [1555] 1556 1557 ... 2921

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 745928 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #23310 on: January 21, 2022, 07:37:17 PM »

News Item( continued)

A federal judge in Texas Friday blocked the federal government from enforcing President Biden's vaccine mandate for federal employees, arguing that he did not have the authority to do so with the stroke of a pen and without input from Congress.

Maybe, just maybe, Brandon will get around to reading the Constitution.
Republicans have any issue with government by executive order after supporting it for four years. That is as predictable as their utter juvenile lack of class.
You forget the democrat obligatory references to deplorable, racism, and Hitler.
Schumer has made those words mandatory. Get with the program!

Also worth noting that the judge's.decision was based on a statutory interpretation, not the Constitution.
Ok. You did not read the decision.
Yes i have. And unlike you I understood it.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23311 on: January 21, 2022, 08:26:12 PM »

News Item( continued)

A federal judge in Texas Friday blocked the federal government from enforcing President Biden's vaccine mandate for federal employees, arguing that he did not have the authority to do so with the stroke of a pen and without input from Congress.

Maybe, just maybe, Brandon will get around to reading the Constitution.
Republicans have any issue with government by executive order after supporting it for four years. That is as predictable as their utter juvenile lack of class.
You forget the democrat obligatory references to deplorable, racism, and Hitler.
Schumer has made those words mandatory. Get with the program!

Also worth noting that the judge's.decision was based on a statutory interpretation, not the Constitution.
Ok. You did not read the decision.
Yes i have. And unlike you I understood it.
Obviously you did not.

Holly Martins

« Reply #23312 on: January 21, 2022, 08:32:34 PM »

That was intelligent.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #23313 on: January 21, 2022, 09:32:40 PM »

That was intelligent.
None of the vaccine mandate decisions are constitutional disputes. Each of the mandates has been based by the Biden administration on a specific grant of legislative authority to the executive. In two cases (including this recent one) the courts have ruled that the grant of authority the Biden administration relies on does not allow the mandate. I think the decisions are wrong, but the point is they involve an interpretation of statutory language, not constitutional power. If OSHA had been read as allowing the mandate, for example, the mandate would have stood because that legislative authority would given the administration the power. That is why the medical mandate stands.

Red does not understand this because the right wing web sites he relentlessly regurgitate lie to him and he does not know enough to question them.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #23314 on: January 21, 2022, 09:35:38 PM »

Quote from: REDSTATEWARD link=topic=179.msg201687#msg201687

It is obligatory when there are deplorable racists who act like Nazis
You the referee?
  You may recall some unpleasantness in the 1930s when there weren't enough people standing against a new political party based on racism and fascist ideology.
How did it all work out for the Nazis?
Your team lost.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23315 on: January 21, 2022, 09:37:36 PM »

You the referee?
  You may recall some unpleasantness in the 1930s when there weren't enough people standing against a new political party based on racism and fascist ideology.
Your team lost.
i think you missed the question.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #23316 on: January 21, 2022, 09:55:37 PM »

Your team lost.
If you think that, you missed the point.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23317 on: January 21, 2022, 09:58:27 PM »

Your team lost.
No I didn

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23318 on: January 21, 2022, 10:41:17 PM »

You the referee?
Your team lost.

"How did it all work out for the Nazis?"

Because that's the only measuring stick that counts to you.

How many died as a result of (a) the Nazis and (b) our refusal to engage?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23319 on: January 21, 2022, 10:42:08 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #23320 on: January 21, 2022, 10:44:11 PM »

Assemblymember Sabrina Cervantes is with Vice President Kamala Harris and 5 others

1 hour

Today I was happy to help welcome Vice President Kamala Harris to the Inland Empire, where she announced critical federal investments from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law that will strengthen Californias response to wildfires. I commend the  continued leadership of both the Biden-Harris Administration and California Governor Gavin Newsom to mitigate the risk of devastating wildfires, and keep our California communities safe. #AD60

-------

Wonderful!

We need for Kamala and Sabrina to work together as a team for the people.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 10:46:27 PM by FlyingVProd »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23321 on: January 21, 2022, 11:41:58 PM »

Your team lost.

Red is pleased as punch Nazis like him can block legislation in the US Senate. He has great hope for a Nazi resurgence in the United States in 2022 and then again in 2024.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #23322 on: January 22, 2022, 08:44:30 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/21/politics/campaign-ads-2020-election-lie/index.html

This kind of advertising should be illegal.

Sure.  Make alluding to the "BIG LIE" illegal as well.  We'll wait.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #23323 on: January 22, 2022, 09:08:36 AM »

Why is Joe defending the fascists in the Ukraine? A long time ago there were bad commies and good religious folks. Not worth another global conflict.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #23324 on: January 22, 2022, 09:28:04 AM »

That was intelligent.
None of the vaccine mandate decisions are constitutional disputes. Each of the mandates has been based by the Biden administration on a specific grant of legislative authority to the executive. In two cases (including this recent one) the courts have ruled that the grant of authority the Biden administration relies on does not allow the mandate. I think the decisions are wrong, but the point is they involve an interpretation of statutory language, not constitutional power. If OSHA had been read as allowing the mandate, for example, the mandate would have stood because that legislative authority would given the administration the power. That is why the medical mandate stands.

Red does not understand this because the right wing web sites he relentlessly regurgitate lie to him and he does not know enough to question them.
To repeat the obvious from the words of the Judge who granted an injunction halting the Vax Mandate he said was likely to lose in a lawsuit.
this is
 about whether the president can, with the stroke of a pen and without the input of Congress, require millions of federal employees to undergo a medical procedure as a condition of their employment.

Last week the highest legal authority, SCOTUS) wrote
Although Congress has indisputably given OSHA the power to regulate occupational dangers, it has not given that agency the power to regulate public health more broadly. Requiring the vaccination of 84 million Americans, selected simply because they work for employers with more than 100 employees, certainly falls in the latter category,
Brandon continues to search for workarounds of the Constitution and he keeps missing the Forest for the trees.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 11:40:31 AM by REDSTATEWARD »
Pages: 1 ... 1553 1554 [1555] 1556 1557 ... 2921