Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1631 1632 [1633] 1634 1635 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743710 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24480 on: February 17, 2022, 11:40:30 PM »

The Washington Post apologizes for racist remarks regarding a black SCOTUS Justice and Josh and the ELBA  liberals look the other way.
How predictable.

Biden Rule

Shut up

At least they apologized.

Ward can't conceive of having ever said a racist thing, despite uttering stuff far more offensive far more often.

I haven't had a chance to look the other way, yet. I haven't read WaPo today and Ward didn't provide a link.

But good for them for owning up to it, even though it shouldn't have been done.
What a chicken shit response. Not to mention racist.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24481 on: February 18, 2022, 01:40:14 AM »

If Uncle Thomas is tired of getting his feefees hurt, he should stop delaying, resign in shame, and retire into ignominy. President Biden is already vetting a short list of far more capable jurists to replace him and any other supremely crooked jackass on the high court. Barrett, Beer, Alito, and Gorsuch all are ripe enough for refuse as they have earned all the respect afforded to any leaky bag of garbage and not one drop more.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24483 on: February 18, 2022, 09:25:21 AM »

The Washington Post apologizes for racist remarks regarding a black SCOTUS Justice and Josh and the ELBA  liberals look the other way.
How predictable.

Biden Rule

Shut up

At least they apologized.

Ward can't conceive of having ever said a racist thing, despite uttering stuff far more offensive far more often.

I haven't had a chance to look the other way, yet. I haven't read WaPo today and Ward didn't provide a link.

But good for them for owning up to it, even though it shouldn't have been done.
What a chicken shit response. Not to mention racist.

Clarence Thomas is himself a racist who sees someone else when he looks in the mirror.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24484 on: February 18, 2022, 09:26:07 AM »

If Uncle Thomas is tired of getting his feefees hurt, he should stop delaying, resign in shame, and retire into ignominy. President Biden is already vetting a short list of far more capable jurists to replace him and any other supremely crooked jackass on the high court. Barrett, Beer, Alito, and Gorsuch all are ripe enough for refuse as they have earned all the respect afforded to any leaky bag of garbage and not one drop more.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24485 on: February 18, 2022, 09:45:07 AM »

A clarification is not an apology, you know that, do you not Red?

The usual faux outrage from the usual suspects whenever someone tells the truth...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/equality-not-elitism/restoring-america-washington-post-should-atone-for-its-race-based-smear-of-clarence-thomas

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-washington-post-ascribes-thinking-of-white-conservatives-to-clarence-thomas/

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington-post-blasted-clarence-thomas-rulings-resemble-thinking-white-conservatives

Thurgood Marshall:

I mean for picking the wrong Negro and saying Im picking him because hes a Negro. Im opposed to that. . . . My dad told me way back that you cant use race. For example, theres no difference between a white snake and a black snake. Theyll both bite. . . .

Thomas is a snake.

Lyndon Johnson

Holly Martins

« Reply #24486 on: February 18, 2022, 10:01:40 AM »

How predictable.

Haven't read the Post in a couple days, it's not my primary daily news source.  As for apology, all I found was a correction note at the start of the Jim Clyburn piece.

A previous version of this story imprecisely referred to Justice Clarence Thomas opinions as often reflecting the thinking of White conservatives, rather than conservatives broadly. That reference has been removed.

The original version, released Wednesday afternoon, was long enough, and the comment far enough down, that it's likely many readers didn't see it.  So "liberals look the other way" is an absurd framing of this. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #24487 on: February 18, 2022, 10:08:05 AM »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24488 on: February 18, 2022, 10:45:34 AM »

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 10:48:07 AM by kidcarter8 »
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24489 on: February 18, 2022, 10:56:00 AM »

heh

Cha-ching!!!!!

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2022/02/17/austin-settle-2-hurt-police-during-black-lives-matter-protests-justin-howell-anthony-evans-floyd/6820949001/

A careful reading uncovers the fact that the victims received serious injuries and will need years of costly care and treatment.  So your comment seems callous and misdirected.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/austin-surgeons-shocked-by-injuries-protesters-sustained-by-bean-bag-rounds

"We will now PROHIBIT the use of less-lethal ammunition for crowd control"

There you go.  Only lethal to be used from now on.

Heh
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24490 on: February 18, 2022, 11:23:55 AM »

How predictable.

Haven't read the Post in a couple days, it's not my primary daily news source.  As for apology, all I found was a correction note at the start of the Jim Clyburn piece.

A previous version of this story imprecisely referred to Justice Clarence Thomas opinions as often reflecting the thinking of White conservatives, rather than conservatives broadly. That reference has been removed.

The original version, released Wednesday afternoon, was long enough, and the comment far enough down, that it's likely many readers didn't see it.  So "liberals look the other way" is an absurd framing of this.
So liberals only read the headlines?
Absurdity is your life.
The Post writer got his dig in at Thomas, the paper issues an apology, and life goes on at The Bezos Bee.
It is the equivalent of a trial judge telling a jury to disregard testimony it just heard.

Holly Martins

« Reply #24491 on: February 18, 2022, 12:52:34 PM »

No apology was issued.  No "dig" was made. It was a correction of an imprecise comment that Thomas's thinking reflected that of white conservatives.  Since at least 80% of conservatives are white, it was not actually wrong, just inaccurate, since Thomas's views likely reflect those of conservatives of all ethnicities. 

Tempest in a teapot.

And I deem it likely that both liberals and conservatives, when reading multiple news articles, some over two thousand words in length, may glean the salient points in the first thousand words (or less) and then move on.  Welcome to the Information Age, when those of us with jobs and obligations have to read selectively.  If you're being honest, do you read the entirety of every long article posted here, or otherwise brought to your attention?  (I didn't find the Clyburn piece all that interesting, tbh)

Holly Martins

« Reply #24492 on: February 18, 2022, 01:06:28 PM »

heh

Cha-ching!!!!!

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2022/02/17/austin-settle-2-hurt-police-during-black-lives-matter-protests-justin-howell-anthony-evans-floyd/6820949001/

A careful reading uncovers the fact that the victims received serious injuries and will need years of costly care and treatment.  So your comment seems callous and misdirected.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/austin-surgeons-shocked-by-injuries-protesters-sustained-by-bean-bag-rounds

"We will now PROHIBIT the use of less-lethal ammunition for crowd control"

There you go.  Only lethal to be used from now on.

Heh

Not the point of the litigation at all.  Not going to own up to your previous comment or explain your chuckles for seriously wounded people getting a court settlement for longterm medical needs.  Funny how you duck and cover when called on your callous disregard. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24493 on: February 18, 2022, 01:46:24 PM »

No apology was issued.  No "dig" was made. It was a correction of an imprecise comment that Thomas's thinking reflected that of white conservatives.  Since at least 80% of conservatives are white, it was not actually wrong, just inaccurate, since Thomas's views likely reflect those of conservatives of all ethnicities. 

Tempest in a teapot.

And I deem it likely that both liberals and conservatives, when reading multiple news articles, some over two thousand words in length, may glean the salient points in the first thousand words (or less) and then move on.  Welcome to the Information Age, when those of us with jobs and obligations have to read selectively.  If you're being honest, do you read the entirety of every long article posted here, or otherwise brought to your attention?  (I didn't find the Clyburn piece all that interesting, tbh)
ROFL!
The poster doth protest too much.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24494 on: February 18, 2022, 02:09:53 PM »

Tempest in a teapot.

ROFL!
The poster doth protest too much.

Ward, you continue to be full of shit.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1631 1632 [1633] 1634 1635 ... 2918