Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1643 1644 [1645] 1646 1647 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743235 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24660 on: February 23, 2022, 03:39:26 PM »

We need to bring in the Elders.

And we need to tell the Russians all of the wonderful things that can be gained from peace and from teamwork. It is not only about punishing the Russians if they do bad things but also there are rewards for doing good things.

Of note as well is that some people spend so much time tearing everything down with war that they never build. We need peace so that we can build. We need for our resources to go towards great beautiful things and towards curing diseases and towards curing Cancer, etc, instead of wasting time and money on war.

And the Russians love American Rock and Roll, we need for the Rock stars to do concerts for peace in Russia.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24661 on: February 23, 2022, 03:56:47 PM »

Daily Telegraph;

The closure of Australia
I am in favor of it. Close it, seal it off, cover it in asphalt. Anything to get rid of them. But only after we round up kangaroos for American zoos. They so cute.
A parrot bit me.

Holly Martins

« Reply #24662 on: February 23, 2022, 03:58:51 PM »

Coal-fired power is available, affordable, and reliable.
The largest producer of coal in Europe is Russia. By a lot.

And the largest producer of uranium is Kazakhstan, who mining and extraction firms have primary equity partners in Russia and China.  Just in case anyone thinks nuke plants in Europe will have smooth sailing during a fossil fuel crunch. 

Perhaps our downunder Eeyore will have to double up on the Zoloft for a while.   

Holly Martins

« Reply #24663 on: February 23, 2022, 04:07:54 PM »

Plenty of Aussie coal for sale...no need to buy from the Russian invaders.
Time to start boycotting "made in Russia" and "made in China"...now, today.

All Aussie coal exports to Asian neighbors because coal has high ratio of mass to energy value.  Longer distance shipping is not economically workable.  The exception is metallurgical coal, which does export globally but is not for power plants. 

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24664 on: February 23, 2022, 04:37:04 PM »

Daily Telegraph;

The closure of Australia
I am in favor of it. Close it, seal it off, cover it in asphalt. Anything to get rid of them. But only after we round up kangaroos for American zoos. They so cute.

It went on to read 'closure of Australia's largest coal-fired power station in 3 years time'.
How I'm going to be subjected to rising electricity prices and black outs.
All of my post that remained was that first bit.

Your words are exactly what it's believed by many to be the sentiment in America as regarding possibly sacrificing American lives to save Australia if an invasion by China happens.
It's fair enough, why should they?
OK, there's the ANZUS Alliance, but that is not really set in stone writing.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24665 on: February 23, 2022, 04:49:09 PM »

The people of East Timor are depending on the people of Australia for their security and safety. We all have a chance to protect each other, and to help to keep the peace for each other. The international community needs to work together for peace and prosperity for all.

And it is time to leave coal behind. Coal produces pollution which gets in our water and which makes it bad to eat the fish. We need clean water, and we need to be able to eat the fish. Our seafood needs to be safe to eat.

Wind, solar, geo thermal, hydro, are the ways of energy production for the future, and even Natural Gas is better than coal. I support Natural Gas for cooking and for heating homes, and Natural Gas can be a great fuel for energy as we make the transition to cleaner forms of energy. Here in Southern California we have a huge supply of Natural Gas, so we might as well use it, Natural Gas is cheap and plentiful here.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24666 on: February 23, 2022, 05:13:39 PM »

And we need to tell the Russians all of the wonderful things that can be gained from peace and from teamwork. It is not only about punishing the Russians if they do bad things but also there are rewards for doing good things.

Of note as well is that some people spend so much time tearing everything down with war that they never build. We need peace so that we can build. We need for our resources to go towards great beautiful things and towards curing diseases and towards curing Cancer, etc, instead of wasting time and money on war.

And the Russians love American Rock and Roll, we need for the Rock stars to do concerts for peace in Russia.

Salute,

Tony V.

Ping and Putin are elders.
It's the Ping and Putin show...tyrants out to rule the world.

Service the nukes!
Get them ready to fire!
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24667 on: February 23, 2022, 05:17:57 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

If I were an American rock star, I would never be going within a bull's roar of Russia.

The Russians have been told about peace, love, and harmony...but are not interested.
All Russia understands are bullets and bombs...much like the Taliban and China.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24668 on: February 23, 2022, 05:19:47 PM »

Daily Telegraph;

The closure of Australia

It went on to read 'closure of Australia's largest coal-fired power station in 3 years time'.

Your words are exactly what it's believed by many to be the sentiment in America as regarding possibly sacrificing American lives to save Australia if an invasion by China happens.
No, ANUS has a mutual defense.pact. Unless that traitorous ass gets in again we will honor the treaty.

And that autocorrect makes me wonder how often I have blasted an all caps "anus" on people.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24669 on: February 23, 2022, 05:22:02 PM »

And the largest producer of uranium is Kazakhstan, who mining and extraction firms have primary equity partners in Russia and China.  Just in case anyone thinks nuke plants in Europe will have smooth sailing during a fossil fuel crunch. 

Perhaps our downunder Eeyore will have to double up on the Zoloft for a while.

Aussie has uranium for sale.
Digging stuff up and selling it is our specialty.
Opals to uranium.
Gold to iron ore.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24670 on: February 23, 2022, 05:28:57 PM »

Daily Telegraph;

The closure of Australia

No, ANUS has a mutual defense.pact. Unless that traitorous ass gets in again we will honor the treaty.

And that autocorrect makes me wonder how often I have blasted an all caps "anus" on people.

LOL

ANZUS in caps gives each nation equal footing. Anzus does not. The A is large and the 'us' is tiny. If anything it should be anzUS.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24671 on: February 23, 2022, 05:30:21 PM »

Many a slip between the cup and the lip.

Two Prosecutors Leading N.Y. Trump Inquiry Resign, Clouding Case

NY Times
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 05:34:55 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24672 on: February 23, 2022, 05:32:36 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/23/politics/manhattan-district-attorney-prosecutors-resign-trump-organization/index.html

The newish NY City AG has doubts about the case, which is why it's reported the Grand Jury hasn't had a witnessed questioned in front of it for a while.

He was far more aggressive in the lead up to the election.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24673 on: February 23, 2022, 05:36:37 PM »

The people of East Timor are depending on the people of Australia for their security and safety. We all have a chance to protect each other, and to help to keep the peace for each other. The international community needs to work together for peace and prosperity for all.

And it is time to leave coal behind. Coal produces pollution which gets in our water and which makes it bad to eat the fish. We need clean water, and we need to be able to eat the fish. Our seafood needs to be safe to eat.

Wind, solar, geo thermal, hydro, are the ways of energy production for the future, and even Natural Gas is better than coal. I support Natural Gas for cooking and for heating homes, and Natural Gas can be a great fuel for energy as we make the transition to cleaner forms of energy. Here in Southern California we have a huge supply of Natural Gas, so we might as well use it, Natural Gas is cheap and plentiful here.

Salute,

Tony V.

Europe seems not one bit interested in helping Australia if China attacks...including France, that has a security pact with Australia.
These security pacts are only as good as who's in power in them at the time.
In the end I believe Trump was on board and would've stood with Australia against China.
Joe, Kamala, AOC, Bernie and co?   my guess is they wouldn't.
George W definitely would have...but unfortunately he's no longer in power.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #24674 on: February 23, 2022, 05:42:53 PM »

I am a peacemaker, and I worked on programs for missile defense, and I worked on stuff to shoot down nuclear missiles.

I support taking out a few bad apples and making the world safe for everyone else. I support peace and prosperity.

And we need for the old wise men to control the armies, not young fools.

We also have a problem with ignorant young reporters on the news who just want ratings and who do not give a shit about world peace.

Here is some Shakespeare that explains the ignorant people who just follow in return for their own wealth and well being... It is from "King Lear" .... Such smiling rogues as these, like rats oft bite holy chords atwain which are too intrinsic to unloose, smooth every passion. That in the natures of their lords rebel.  Bring oil to fire, snow to their colder moods; renege, affirm, and turn their halcyon beaks with every gail and vary of their masters knowing not like dogs but following, a plague upon your epileptic visage. Goose if I had ye upon Sarum Plain I'd drive ye cacking home to Camelot. ...

I hate it when people just care about themselves instead of about the state of our world, and a reporter who is just out for ratings and who throws gasoline on the fire to create war for ratings. The same reporters could use their power for peace and to make the world a better place.

People need to demand peace, and the people who benefit from war and from the misery of others deserve no good wishes from me.

Salute,

Tony V.

Pages: 1 ... 1643 1644 [1645] 1646 1647 ... 2918