Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1646 1647 [1648] 1649 1650 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743145 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #24705 on: February 24, 2022, 12:50:53 PM »

Battle of Chernobyl threatens nuclear disaster.
Ukraine forces are "laying down their lives" to avoid a nuclear disaster as the fiercest battle of the Russian invasion rages for control of the Chernobyl reactor.

#####

Ukraine air defences were destroyed within hours.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24706 on: February 24, 2022, 01:01:26 PM »

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Former-PUC-chair-testifies-how-Abbott-ordered-her-16944272.php

Abbot's role in the 2021 energy debacle in Texas was far larger than he wanted folks to believe.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24707 on: February 24, 2022, 01:24:57 PM »

Please note that I have set up a sub-folder for discussing the Ukraine situation.

http://forums.escapefromelba.com/index.php?topic=215.0
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24708 on: February 24, 2022, 04:23:59 PM »

Can some ask the SQUAD how we impose sanctions on Russia so long as we do not cause hardships on its citizens?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24709 on: February 24, 2022, 05:05:42 PM »

Can some ask the SQUAD how we impose sanctions on Russia so long as we do not cause hardships on its citizens?
Sure, you go ahead and.ask them why they are concerned about the possibility of innocent people undergoing a humanitarian crisis because of the a tons 9f the dictator ruling them.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24710 on: February 24, 2022, 05:10:12 PM »

Sure, you go ahead and.ask them why they are concerned about the possibility of innocent people undergoing a humanitarian crisis because of the a tons 9f the dictator ruling them.

The the a tons 9f the dictator ruling them.

?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24711 on: February 24, 2022, 05:24:31 PM »

?
Actions. Sorry for the typo, my bad.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24712 on: February 24, 2022, 07:05:06 PM »

Hardships need to be caused to the Russian People.
That way they might see that it's Putin's fault, and put a bullet in him.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

Holly Martins

« Reply #24713 on: February 24, 2022, 08:15:29 PM »

Ukraine chat has moved next door, y'all.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24714 on: February 24, 2022, 09:03:18 PM »

Andrew Bolt on Sky News said that Putin should be treated as a war criminal, same as Hitler.

Along with Bush.  And Cheney.

Yep.

The US under Bush/Cheney invaded, destroyed and occupied two countries illegally for decades.  One of the amazing and sad facts among many: after 20 years of US occupation, 75% of the Afghan budget was derived international aid.  Which the US shut off when they took their tanks and went home.  Serious concerns that removing most of the Afghan budget, plus stealing $10B of their money, plus applying sanctions on the Taliban will lead to more Afghan deaths than the 20 year US caused and funded civil war.  In any case, widespread extreme poverty is pretty much guaranteed, which will no doubt be blamed on Taliban mismanagement and corruption whenever the US media bothers to report anything from there again.

As for Ukraine, the real answer to Putin is that any offensive war is illegal, invading another country is a war crime, resulting deaths are murder.  Unfortunately the US can't really make such arguments because of the repeated and continued history of invading and attacking other countries illegally.

Afghanistan via AQ blew up America.
So America blew up and occupied Afghanistan.
All fair enough in my mind.

Saddam terrorised America etc, invaded Kuwait, and kept threatening to invade some place or other, causing America to have to ready its military. 
Saddam was a menace, the only way to stop him was to invade Iraq, so America did.
All fair enough in my mind.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 09:29:04 PM by bambu. »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #24715 on: February 25, 2022, 03:05:21 AM »

By the time Biden and co are finished, America mightn't have any/many allies left.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24716 on: February 25, 2022, 11:07:24 AM »

?
Actions. Sorry for the typo, my bad.
I guess I should have been able to figure it all out since those typos are similar to mine.
In any event the purpose of sanctions is to bring severe economic pain and to stop aggression, they cannot be symbolic or incremental.
When Russian Oligarchs start hurting so will the common folk. See the decade of 1980 to remember what happened to the USSR.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24717 on: February 25, 2022, 11:25:32 AM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/2/25/2081040/-America-now-has-its-own-Fifth-Column-and-its-name-is-Fox-News

A good way to weaken Russia without invading is to raze or immolate Russian allies fox news and the republican party.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #24719 on: February 25, 2022, 11:40:26 AM »

I guess I should have been able to figure it all out since those typos are similar to mine.
In any event the purpose of sanctions is to bring severe economic pain and to stop aggression, they cannot be symbolic or incremental.
When Russian Oligarchs start hurting so will the common folk. See the decade of 1980 to remember what happened to the USSR.

REPLY TO THIS MOVED TO UKRAINE THREAD
Pages: 1 ... 1646 1647 [1648] 1649 1650 ... 2918