Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742772 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25110 on: March 17, 2022, 01:26:19 PM »

So Biden is going to use TikTok to blame inflation and gasoline prices  on Putin?
Excuse me.
But senior citizens who cannot afford electric cars vote.
Young people do not.
Wow. So you are saying this was his only attempt at outreach on the issue and he did not use other targeted modes of communication to reach other groups?
That would be correct.
That would be bullshit by you because I have seen the same reach out in numerous other media. You cartoonishly partisan hack.
My, my.
When do you add in I must be a racist?
Only when you actually say something racist .
I never have.

Is there anything that another person could say or show you that would give you pause to consider that perhaps you had said something racist?

If so, what would that be?
My words.

Do you think most Black people would agree with your self-assessment?
That is not a self assessment. It is the truth.

If it is not a SELF-assessment, what objective, external metric was used to come to this conclusion?
All my statements on Elba are searchable.

(a) No, they aren't. Elba's search engine is dreadful.

(b) No, they aren't. Huge swaths of prior years have been wiped out by crashes.

(c) You have posted on Elba for many years. And for at least a decade and probably far longer, others have thought your posts to have been racist on occasion.

So, I repeat:
"If it is not a SELF-assessment, what objective, external metric was used to come to this conclusion?"

By "this conclusion," I mean your claim that it is not self-assessment that your statements have never been racist, but that "it is the truth."
You claimed I made a self assessment but now argue it was not a self assessment.
Whose was it?
5823 posts of mine are searchable back to 2018.
Get to work, Gobal Moderator.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 01:28:33 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

Holly Martins

« Reply #25111 on: March 17, 2022, 01:41:35 PM »

As if anyone is interested enough in your cartoonish partisan prattle to dig through years of it.

Heh.

I want to commend Ward for being the only Midwestern white male over 50 to never have said anything racist.
You seem to be having a problem following the conversation on this thread.

Well, you got that right.  It's a problem when I keep dozing off from the incessant drone of your obsessing over people who hold no political office.  It's a miracle I'm not comatose by now. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25112 on: March 17, 2022, 01:47:32 PM »

So Biden is going to use TikTok to blame inflation and gasoline prices  on Putin?
Excuse me.
Young people do not.
Wow. So you are saying this was his only attempt at outreach on the issue and he did not use other targeted modes of communication to reach other groups?
That would be correct.
That would be bullshit by you because I have seen the same reach out in numerous other media. You cartoonishly partisan hack.
My, my.
I never have.

Is there anything that another person could say or show you that would give you pause to consider that perhaps you had said something racist?

My words.

If it is not a SELF-assessment, what objective, external metric was used to come to this conclusion?

(c) You have posted on Elba for many years. And for at least a decade and probably far longer, others have thought your posts to have been racist on occasion.

So, I repeat:
"If it is not a SELF-assessment, what objective, external metric was used to come to this conclusion?"

By "this conclusion," I mean your claim that it is not self-assessment that your statements have never been racist, but that "it is the truth."
You claimed I made a self assessment but now argue it was not a self assessment.
Whose was it?

No, I am claiming it is a self-assessment.

YOU are claiming it is not. I am asking on what basis - and saying "your past posts" doesn't cut it, since it is those that prompt others to observe your racism.

You say it was not a self-assessment. I asked on what basis.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25113 on: March 17, 2022, 01:50:11 PM »

Well, well.
The Gray Lady....
...covered the controversy extensively in 2020,

Not true.
The controversy concerns Hunter Biden...
... which the Times and all other major news agencies covered extensively in 2020.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25114 on: March 17, 2022, 01:50:44 PM »

As if anyone is interested enough in your cartoonish partisan prattle to dig through years of it.

Heh.

I want to commend Ward for being the only Midwestern white male over 50 to never have said anything racist.
You seem to be having a problem following the conversation on this thread.

Well, you got that right. 
Thanks for confirming.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25115 on: March 17, 2022, 02:00:16 PM »

OMG.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25116 on: March 17, 2022, 02:10:16 PM »

Instead of spending money to prolong the use of fossil fuels, we need to instead give that money to Americans so that they can buy electric cars, we need to help Americans to make the transition to zero emissions.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25117 on: March 17, 2022, 02:25:19 PM »

Red has lead poisoning from his prolonged exposure to leaded gas. There is not much of him that works at all anymore.

Ignore his bleating and just check to make sure he is still putting down his daily can of ensure.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25118 on: March 17, 2022, 02:27:49 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25119 on: March 17, 2022, 02:35:07 PM »

Well, well.
The Gray Lady....
...covered the controversy extensively in 2020, but you have difficulty distinguish between "covering" and "obsessing over."
You have difficulty separating a  tax evasion investigation of Hunter that dates to the Obama years and evolvement into corruption and violating of laws regarding foreign agents, all of which was widely reported on but ignored by the Times.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25120 on: March 17, 2022, 02:37:18 PM »

I like the new electric VW Bus, that is what I would get.

https://newsroom.vw.com/vehicles/future-cars/official-the-vw-bus-is-back-and-its-electric/

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25121 on: March 17, 2022, 02:55:37 PM »

Best post of the day, Tailpipe Charlie. You are too dumb to know how dumb you have gotten.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25122 on: March 17, 2022, 02:57:38 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/3/17/2086462/-Koch-Industries-spins-staying-in-Russia-as-virtuous-while-Koch-dark-money-groups-fight-sanctions

Now that Russia is officially a terrorist state, any organization or individual that takes Koch money is funded by terrorists and should be shut down or shackled accordingly.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25123 on: March 17, 2022, 03:00:33 PM »

Instead of spending money to prolong the use of fossil fuels, we need to instead give that money to Americans so that they can buy electric cars, we need to help Americans to make the transition to zero emissions.

Salute,

Tony V.

Gotta provide enough electricity to be able to charge all the electric vehicles.
With the price of petrol (gasoline) at the 'servos' ('service stations'...your gas stations) going thru the roof in bambuland, the People are rushing to buy electric cars.
It's crazy, the electric cars, if you could find one to buy, are very expensive...and the $25,000 extra they cost would be better deposited into a "car account" bank account and
the money used to buy petrol bit by bit.

In bambuworld, in the latest survey, national security/defence has been rated more important by far than zero emissions...by 90% to 10%.
The People can see what Russians are doing to Ukraine ...the latest atrocity being that theatre bombing, 1200 people including many children in the refuge blown to bits.
The Ukrainians even wrote Russian for 'children' in the ground in huge letters at the front and rear of the building ...clearly visible from the sky.
The slimy Russians blew it up anyway.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25124 on: March 17, 2022, 03:11:41 PM »

Excuse me.
Young people do not.
That would be correct.
My, my.
I never have.

My words.

So, I repeat:

Whose was it?

No, I am claiming it is a self-assessment.

Ok, have it your way.
I know what I said.
If you claim otherwise list a statement ( of the 5800+available) to make your point.
Pages: 1 ... 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 ... 2918