Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1682 1683 [1684] 1685 1686 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742438 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25245 on: March 21, 2022, 10:58:24 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25246 on: March 22, 2022, 03:03:10 AM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Holly Martins

« Reply #25247 on: March 22, 2022, 10:09:41 AM »

I love Mr Sulu when he goes maximum warp speed.

Holly Martins

« Reply #25248 on: March 22, 2022, 01:01:28 PM »

Graham seems to have some kind of angry meltdown during the confirmation hearing.  I doubt he's mentally stable enough to continue to hold high office.  Definitely a threat to national security.  At least declare a no (house) fly zone covering the inside of his cranium. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/599208-graham-gets-combative-with-jackson-what-faith-are-you-by-the-way

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25249 on: March 22, 2022, 03:16:37 PM »

Nor do I expect her to have anybody accuse her of sexual misconduct toward them or for her to lose her temper and yell at any committee members.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25250 on: March 22, 2022, 04:05:52 PM »

Actually, the  Christine Blasey Ford reference to beer was she had only one beer at the party where  Bret Kavanaugh allegedly attacked  her.

It was a sure sign she was lying.

And it turned out she was.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 04:47:09 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25251 on: March 22, 2022, 04:38:10 PM »

Actually, the  Christine Blakey Ford reference to beer was she had only one beer at the party where  Bret Kavanaugh allegedly attacked  her.

Bullshit!

She did not claim to be incapacitated she said because Kavanaugh and his buddy were stumble bum drunk and that allowed her escape from the room.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25252 on: March 22, 2022, 05:34:16 PM »

BAG LADY SYNDROME

Bag Lady Syndrome is an actual syndrome coined in the 1970's for women who have extreme anxiety over finances and believe that in their elder years they are going to run out of money, become homeless and live destitute lives...potentially a bag lady.

A long time ago 'Prepper Princess' was diagnosed with the disease Bag Lady Syndrome.

If I were a young girl, young woman in America [or anywhere else in the West for that matter] there's no way I'd be getting pregnant in high school, college, or anywhere else until I became financially secure, set for life.
I'd be lining up at church to take the vow of chastity until marriage, and getting the chastity ring on my finger as fast as I could.
Marriage today is a guarantee of nothing, average marriage only lasts 13 years...then the divorce misery starts. Heaven help a woman if she has a child/children and is divorced - not set up for life with a large amount of money in the bank, a nice new car and living in a good-standard home she owns.
Money buys happiness, a comfortable life, and power over one's future.

If I couldn't accumulate money, couldn't find a nice and wealthy husband with money that could be transferred into my name so I'd feel secure...I might sell my virginity online to the highest bidder...$1m minimum.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25253 on: March 22, 2022, 06:12:07 PM »

Bag ladies;

Once young and beautiful, the world at their feet, now homeless bag ladies.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/bag-lady-homeless.html

NYT:

In the notorious section of midtown surrounding the Port Authority bus terminal, amid throngs of workers, transients, and tourists, lives a compact society of outsiders. Hustlers, hookers, three-card monte players, con men, drug dealers, jackrollers (thieves who specialize in robbing the poor of their welfare funds) work over
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25254 on: March 22, 2022, 06:13:20 PM »

cont'd

their marks between Times Square and the Stroll, that strip of Eighth Avenue serviced by prostitutes and pimps. But there is another sort of outsider in the neighborhood, another group of resident streetwalkers, as inconspicuous as the others are often flamboyant.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25255 on: March 22, 2022, 06:15:12 PM »

cont'd

This is the swelling population of ''shopping-bag ladies,'' those solitary, impoverished women toting bags, picking over trash near the Ninth Avenue food markets, dozing in doorways, huddled among their possessions in the Port Authority's dreary public rooms.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25256 on: March 22, 2022, 06:17:56 PM »

cont'd

An image of the bag lady, however distorted, has begun to assume a symbolic place in contemporary consciousness, inspiring poems, pictures, plays, cartoons.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25257 on: March 22, 2022, 06:20:28 PM »

cont'd

I think this new, somewhat nervous interest in the odd lone woman springs from a growing fear many women harbor for their own old age in a time when traditional family supports for women are breaking down and so many may expect to wind up old, poor, and alone.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25258 on: March 22, 2022, 06:26:49 PM »

I'd be giving traditional familiy a big miss if I were a young woman, unless I had money and assets, and plenty of both.

Imagine the horror for women of older than 35 years, finishing up on the streets as bag ladies for the rest of their lives, being mocked and romanticized instead of helped by state and federal govts into a better life.
Unwanted, unloved, tossed on the scrap heap of life by society. It's totally shameful.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25259 on: March 22, 2022, 06:35:41 PM »

Actually, the  Christine Blakey Ford reference to beer was she had only one beer at the party where  Bret Kavanaugh allegedly attacked  her.

Bullshit!

She did not claim to be incapacitated she said because Kavanaugh and his buddy were stumble bum drunk and that allowed her escape from the room.

It is his rapiness that ties Red to the GOP.

http://www.salon.com/2022/03/22/ted-cruz-turns-ketanji-brown-jacksons-hearing-into-rehabilitation-of-brett-kavanaugh/

Rapiness, irresponsibility, dishonesty, and endless malice.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war
Pages: 1 ... 1682 1683 [1684] 1685 1686 ... 2918