Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 741923 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25605 on: April 04, 2022, 01:33:54 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/04/politics/supreme-court-arbitration-case-unreasonable-seizure/index.html

The former standard was that the person claiming malicious prosecution must have been acquitted.

The new standard is that they must only not have been convicted - a dropping of the charges by the prosecution is sufficient,

The vote was 6-3, with Gorsuch, Alito, and Thomas as the dissent.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25607 on: April 04, 2022, 06:11:54 PM »

Bambu, Nevada has legal brothels, and in Battle Mountain the brothel was named the Calico Club. The rich people from around the world come to the brothels in Nevada.

In Battle Mountain they can make your dreams come true for money, pay them and they will give you everything your heart desires. You can have a room with a jacuzzi with champagne and strawberries and with lobster and scallops and with whatever you want, and with buffalo steaks, and with whatever you want.

Salute,

Tony V.

There are such places in bambuland, everywhere, not all with the food, most likeky.
Legal in Nevada, whatever people want to do.
The problems I would have with it all, even if I were single and rich would be:
. Germs.
 .Disease
. Where have the hookers been? what have they been doing, and with whom?
. Pregnancy. No contraceptive is 100% safe.
. Abuse of women. Most girls in the sex trade have to get on drugs to put up with themselves, and put up the the occupation/customers...from what I've seen on tv and read.
. Stranger danger. Bad things have happened to male customers of the sex trade.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25608 on: April 04, 2022, 06:39:09 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25609 on: April 04, 2022, 06:56:12 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25610 on: April 04, 2022, 07:36:53 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25611 on: April 04, 2022, 09:15:54 PM »

Black Lives Matter demands transparency! Except for themselves, of course.

Pay no attention to that $6million house we bought...

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/04/black-lives-matter-6-million-dollar-house.html

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Holly Martins

« Reply #25613 on: April 04, 2022, 09:40:13 PM »

Can't tell from this if it's just bad optics or there really is a false intent there.  If you buy an institutional space, it's good to clarify the plans with donors.  With most movements I tend to see several groups - one is those who march in the streets and just want to see good ideas out out there in the public square, another is visionary types who don't know much about how money works or how to do paperwork but radiate energy, and another unfortunately are those seeking self-servimg goals and prone to corruption.  This case may be a fumble and not corrupt, hard to say.  I would have advised fixing up an old warehouse with volunteers like me (I can do carpenteering and sheetrock) for a nice grassroots place to come together.  At a third that price.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25614 on: April 04, 2022, 10:21:14 PM »

Unconscious irony. Division 1 Championship competitor.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25615 on: April 04, 2022, 10:55:45 PM »

So after decades of family centered-entertainment, theme parks, movies, etc  billions of princess costumes to adorn cisgendered female heroines Disney now decides  it must take a stand against the Florida Parental Rights in Education Bill?

After raking in $trillions from Moms and Dads the Disney suits wearing mouse ears now tell parents to go fuck themselves?

I think this will not end happily ever after.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25616 on: April 04, 2022, 11:46:42 PM »

"The Senate may have entered an era where the only way to confirm a Supreme Court nominee is the party of the president has to be in control of the Senate. And I'm pretty certain that the founders didn

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25617 on: April 05, 2022, 02:01:35 AM »

So after decades of family centered-entertainment, theme parks, movies, etc  billions of princess costumes to adorn cisgendered female heroines Disney now decides  it must take a stand against the Florida Parental Rights in Education Bill?

After raking in $trillions from Moms and Dads the Disney suits wearing mouse ears now tell parents to go fuck themselves?

I think this will not end happily ever after.

Any parents who feel Disney told them to go fuck themselves are going to rot in hell. For that kind of inbred ingrate things will only get worse.

Get yourself under control.

Stop trying to blame your problems on some imaginary mouse.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25618 on: April 05, 2022, 02:22:05 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25619 on: April 05, 2022, 07:11:09 AM »

What happens when federal and state govts sell off natural resources like coal, oil, gas etc?
Answer: they lose control of them, and lose control over the pricing of them.
Wholesale price of electricity to electricity retailers rose 150% or some ridiculous amount like that...in NSW state bambuland last friday.
"Price of coal has increased, worldwide shortage, war in Ukraine, etc"...or some such tripe.
We were informed on the 6 o'clock tv news tonite.
Exactly why federal govts should own and control all mining, and energy in countries.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 ... 2918