Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1714 1715 [1716] 1717 1718 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742239 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25725 on: April 07, 2022, 03:04:22 PM »

People are going back to work it seems, and wages seem to be rising.

I saw on the news just now that we have the best economy that we have had since 1968 and a truck driver is now making $110,000 per year.

And here in California you can make $120,000 per year for managing an In N Out Burger.

So, that is good that wages are going up. It costs $500,000 for the average house in my neighborhood.

But, we still have 60,000 homeless people on the streets of Los Angeles alone, and we have high crime rates, we need to get people off of the streets and into housing. And we need to train more doctors, and more psychiatrists, and more pharmacists, etc.

Times are still hard for the many people out there on the streets homeless, and we can create jobs for people as we help the homeless, the money is there to help the homeless and we need for people to turn the money into housing and into programs to help the homeless. ( Berlusconi got his start by building housing for the people of Italy, the people who go out there and develop the wilderness in areas such as Nevada and build housing are going to get wealthy, while they provide a good service to the people and help the homeless by building housing. ) The money is there, and jobs will be created and people will make money by helping the homeless.

We also need to keep investing in EDUCATION for our people, and every neighborhood needs to have a nice library. We also need to have book stores at the train stations and at the bus stations, and at the airports, etc, so that our people are reading books, and we also need to have books in Spanish for the Spanish speakers ( One third of our people in California are immigrants, and many are from Latin America and speak Spanish so we need to have books in Spanish at our book stores and libraries. )

We also need to speak out to the people that when times are good then they do not need to be criminals. They do not need to steal, they do not need to deal drugs, they do not need to be criminals, they can go to school and they can work and they can have good normal lives, they can buy homes and they can have families, there is no reason to be a criminal if times are good and if you have honest opportunities. Many crimes are done out of ignorance and desperation, so we need to educate and train people and we need to have a good environment where people feel secure instead of feeling desperate.

We also need to keep growing as a nation and Amtrak needs to build high speed trains, etc. And we need to make everything nice for our tourists. And Lancaster, California, needs to have a wonderful Aerospace and Defense Museum, etc, we need to build nice museums and stuff. We can also build great piazzas like in Rome, etc, and our people can gather in the courtyards in the evenings to socialize like the Italians. We can have great public transportation, and we can have things set up for bicycles, and people can get out and walk to the market like they do in Italy, etc.

Things are getting better, but we still have a lot of hard work to do.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 03:07:58 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25726 on: April 07, 2022, 03:53:36 PM »

I saw on the news just now that we have the best economy that we have had since 1968

We have the lowest number of job seekers since 1968 in raw numbers, with more jobs than job seekers.

But it is far from the best economy, I fear. Better than it has been for much of the last 20 years, but we have a ways to go, I think, before I could call it "the best economy" since then.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25727 on: April 07, 2022, 03:58:04 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/07/politics/james-trump-contempt/index.html

Sounds like contempt to me.

State Judge Arthur Engoron in February had ordered Trump to "comply in full" with the attorney general's subpoena seeking documents and information. Engoron also ruled that Trump, Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka Trump should comply with the attorney general's subpoenas for testimony, but the Trumps are appealing that decision.

In a motion filed Thursday, the attorney general's office said that that Trump "did not comply at all" with the subpoena for documents and that his attorneys said he would not produce "any" documents in response to the subpoena because his attorneys believe that if the documents exist, the Trump Organization would have them and the attorney general's office "will just have to wait until the Trump Organization completes its production to get them."

According to new filings, her office had agreed to extend an early March deadline for the documents until March 31. But rather than produce the documents that day, Trump presented 16 objections to the subpoena's demands.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25728 on: April 07, 2022, 04:01:42 PM »

I saw on the news just now that we have the best economy that we have had since 1968

We have the lowest number of job seekers since 1968 in raw numbers, with more jobs than job seekers.

But it is far from the best economy, I fear. Better than it has been for much of the last 20 years, but we have a ways to go, I think, before I could call it "the best economy" since then.

Restore some Pax Romana and get a better handle on the plagues of this era and then things will pick right on up.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25730 on: April 07, 2022, 04:34:19 PM »

53-47 for confirmation.
About what that vacancy deserved since the search was so limited.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25731 on: April 07, 2022, 05:07:48 PM »

53-47 for confirmation.
About what that vacancy deserved since the search was so limited.

More than Kavanaugh or Barrett or Thomas who are each obviously incapable of performing any of the duties associated with the position. She met the 53 vote threshold below which any nominee has proven historically unfit to serve, so I would not worry as much although it was close.

Thank you for your concern.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25732 on: April 07, 2022, 05:11:52 PM »

You campaign with the candidates you have....

He is much better than the shitbag he will replace, a low bar indeed.

Keep marching.

Can he use that as merch, Deej?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25733 on: April 07, 2022, 05:24:56 PM »

You campaign with the candidates you have....
I think he is as electable as anyone the Dems could run in Ohio. Sherrod Brown lite.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25736 on: April 07, 2022, 05:49:13 PM »

Low numbers of job seekers could mean people have given up looking for work...people had enough of getting all dressed up, driving across town, working all day for $5 an hour [8 hours for $40 total] and are staying in bed til late morning and living on whatever their partner earns.
Prepper Princess makes lunch for $1.
Maybe people have sold their homes, taken Prepper Princess' advice and bought a cheaper home, for $65,000 or $35,000.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25737 on: April 07, 2022, 06:10:39 PM »

John Glenn was an American hero and a decent Senator.

Howard Metzenbaum was the worst piece of shit to ever walk the earth.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25738 on: April 07, 2022, 06:22:28 PM »

Voting thumbs up because she is qualified and competent and a good judge.

This describes quite a few.

Is any DISqualifying - this is always the question.

For most of the GOP she is disqualified because Biden nominated her. See also: Garland.

Other than that, no, only manufactured bullshit.

Nah...

Overheard today:

Had Biden never promised a black woman, THEN nominated her, he would have been much better off

The way he did it gives the appearance some that were more qualified were left out of consideration.

But all is good.  She will do just fine.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25739 on: April 07, 2022, 06:28:42 PM »

Voting thumbs up because she is qualified and competent and a good judge.

This describes quite a few.

Is any DISqualifying - this is always the question.

For most of the GOP she is disqualified because Biden nominated her. See also: Garland.

Other than that, no, only manufactured bullshit.

Nah...

Overheard today:

Had Biden never promised a black woman, THEN nominated her, he would have been much better off

The way he did it gives the appearance some that were more qualified were left out of consideration.

But all is good.  She will do just fine.
The odds that this actually bothered any sitting Republican US Senator, as opposed to providing a talking point, are pretty close on to zero. Demographic considerations always get considered in SCOTUS nominations. Biden saying the quiet part out loud had zero actual effect on the vote.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 1714 1715 [1716] 1717 1718 ... 2918