Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1717 1718 [1719] 1720 1721 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742367 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25770 on: April 08, 2022, 11:29:54 AM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/ketanji-brown-jackson-republicans-walk-out-senate-confirmation-video-2022-4

Stay classy!

What Conservatives need to remember is the damage done to SCOTUS replacement policy  by turning it into a blatant exercise in political posturing.
Justice Jackson now starts a near certain 30 year tenure all because of the histrionics of an egomaniac named Donald Trum
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 11:31:38 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25772 on: April 08, 2022, 11:45:07 AM »

Politics is about language, and who takes ownership of the language. Doubt that? Read this: https://www.cjr.org/analysis/capital-b-black-styleguide.php

Can't help but think of Animal Farm and Orwell's warnings: They had come to a time when no one dared speak his mind, when fierce, growling dogs roamed everywhere, and when you had to watch your comrades torn to pieces after confessing to shocking crimes.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25773 on: April 08, 2022, 11:49:22 AM »

Obama's weak defense of his Russian foreign policy: https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/08/opinions/barack-obama-russia-revisionism-cupp/index.html

Gee, Barry, that's pathetic.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25774 on: April 08, 2022, 11:58:20 AM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/ketanji-brown-jackson-republicans-walk-out-senate-confirmation-video-2022-4

McConnell decided to give the Dems a reason to try to expand the court and then fill those additional seats between now and Jan 1:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/08/politics/mitch-mcconnell-supreme-court-nominee/index.html

Not that his position is a surprise, but his making it clear now gives impetus to the push, despite Joe Biden's reluctance to go that route.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25775 on: April 08, 2022, 11:59:47 AM »

Politics is about language, and who takes ownership of the language. Doubt that? Read this: https://www.cjr.org/analysis/capital-b-black-styleguide.php

Can't help but think of Animal Farm and Orwell's warnings: They had come to a time when no one dared speak his mind, when fierce, growling dogs roamed everywhere, and when you had to watch your comrades torn to pieces after confessing to shocking crimes.

This all makes for a good start, but it will mean nothing if white Americans don
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25776 on: April 08, 2022, 12:03:48 PM »

https://fortune.com/2022/04/07/ubs-peak-inflation-march-consumer-price-index-2022

It would be very nice if peak inflation has now passed.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25777 on: April 08, 2022, 12:12:40 PM »

It is nice.that, over in the business forum, my band Colostrum Whirlpool's debut album "Normal Unnoticed" is getting rave reviews.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #25779 on: April 08, 2022, 12:30:21 PM »

Cannot help but think of having to master the Chicago style guide for my term papers. And of how racists find.even the most.anodyne of recognition of Black culture an attack on them.
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25780 on: April 08, 2022, 01:13:48 PM »

People are going back to work it seems, and wages seem to be rising.

I saw on the news just now that we have the best economy that we have had since 1968

We have the lowest number of job seekers since 1968 in raw numbers, with more jobs than job seekers.

But it is far from the best economy, I fear. Better than it has been for much of the last 20 years, but we have a ways to go, I think, before I could call it "the best economy" since then.

It is good to hear that things are improving. And there are a lot of improvements that I would like to see happen, such as our high speed trains, and a new movie studio in Anaheim, and a new Aerospace and Defense Museum in Lancaster, California, etc. But it is good that things are improving and I hope that we can build up momentum and keep improving.

And on the issue of China, I think relations are improving, and I think things will get better as the poverty in China eases and as they become more affluent. If China will buy products from America then it will really improve relations, we have lots of great stuff to sell. And I am glad that China is on the side of peace with us against Putin.

Of note, we are sending Eric Garcetti from Los Angeles to be our new Ambassador to India, we have good relations with India, and it would be good if we can expand trade with India.

And of course we need to keep working for peace and prosperity in the Western Hemisphere, we have a lot of great people here, and I think that Cuba will get their freedom soon, and I think things will improve in Venezuela. Colombia is doing good. Vice President Harris started some new programs to help Central America, so that is good, Kamala is helping to send investment money to Central America. And we can help to expand the ports in Mexico, etc. We can also help the Western Hemisphere to go Green with Green energy.

It is too bad that Putin has to be so bad, we could really be pulling out of the corona crisis and we could be heading into better days. But, even with the problems Putin is causing I still have a sense of optimism as I look at the world.

On the issue of Putin, we need to keep working with the United Nations and with our allies, and we need to keep supporting the Ukraine. We also need to look to the future and examine who we want to support in Russia after Putin is removed, we need to find and support our allies in Russia, so that we have peace after Putin is removed.

We need to look ahead to the future that we want to have, and then we need to draw the roadmap on how to get there.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25781 on: April 08, 2022, 01:18:57 PM »

The free worlds innovation will beat the petrocrats, bankrupting their cadres of murderous thugs.

http://youtu.be/7tsaFPd03w4

http://youtu.be/aj4S6SgZQ9M

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25782 on: April 08, 2022, 01:20:31 PM »

Is ward stunned or pining for the fjords?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25783 on: April 08, 2022, 01:27:02 PM »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #25784 on: April 08, 2022, 01:57:48 PM »

Is ward stunned or pining for the fjords?
You would think someone who has been around here as long and as often as he has would have figured out formatting. But noooooo.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 1717 1718 [1719] 1720 1721 ... 2918