Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1718 1719 [1720] 1721 1722 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742370 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25785 on: April 08, 2022, 02:33:25 PM »

Politics is about language, and who takes ownership of the language. Doubt that? Read this: https://www.cjr.org/analysis/capital-b-black-styleguide.php

Can't help but think of Animal Farm and Orwell's warnings: They had come to a time when no one dared speak his mind, when fierce, growling dogs roamed everywhere, and when you had to watch your comrades torn to pieces after confessing to shocking crimes.

Cannot help but think of having to master the Chicago style guide for my term papers. And of how racists find.even the most.anodyne of recognition of Black culture an attack on them.
More perplexing is your obsession of dwelling on the past.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25786 on: April 08, 2022, 02:34:43 PM »

It is important for us to make our own movies, and for us to have our own voices.

On the issue of the dumbing down of people, the worst thing is illegal drugs. The whole culture of illegal drug use and illegal drug dealers, it is all bad.

And the gangster rap, which demeans women and which promotes illegal drugs, and which promotes gang violence, needs to be called out for what it is.

I had my own problems as a kid, I was listening to Heavy Metal about Satan, I am a good Christian and I have no idea why I listened to guys singing about Satan. Then, I was listening to Suicidal Tendencies, there is nothing cool about Suicide, it is all bullshit, but that was the kind of music I listened to. I had my head all full of shit. I should have been hanging out with Christians, listening to good Christian music, doing good deeds, etc, and falling in love with a beautiful woman, etc. I do not listen to the devil music anymore, I am an old man now and it just seems silly.

We need to produce our own music, movies, books, etc, and we need to be able to have our own voices.

Of note, I am reminded of the street children in Brazil, they are poor and on the streets and everything is already working against them, and they make it worse by sniffing glue and by sniffing paint, they are frying their brains, it is so sad, they are never going to be able to rise above poverty if they fry their brains. Good adults in Brazil need to help the street children, get them in housing, and get them in school, and feed them well, and keep them away from drugs.

And in Mexico, we do not need to build a wall, but instead we need to go in and work with them as a team on issues which pertain to all of us. And they need libraries, etc.

I want to create a smarter and healthier and better society, not a dumber one.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25787 on: April 08, 2022, 03:03:39 PM »

For the cost of sending a criminal to prison, we could send a student to Harvard.

And instead of having prisons, and prison guards, and border patrol agents, and ICE, and all of that, we can spend the money to build colleges and to train doctors and scientists and school teachers, etc. Right now we have a huge shortage of doctors and psychiatrists.

We also need to build housing for the homeless, and we can train the homeless people to be construction workers so they can help to build housing. People can volunteer with Habitat for Humanity and they can learn to build housing, we need to expand Habitat for Humanity.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #25788 on: April 08, 2022, 04:10:17 PM »

https://www.businessinsider.com/ketanji-brown-jackson-republicans-walk-out-senate-confirmation-video-2022-4

Stay classy!

...Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who said he had not been admitted to the Senate chamber because he wasnt wearing a tie and had to cast his no vote from the cloakroom instead. 

Lindsey has never come out of the cloakroom, has he? 

Holly Martins

« Reply #25789 on: April 08, 2022, 04:19:39 PM »

Politics is about language, and who takes ownership of the language. Doubt that? Read this: https://www.cjr.org/analysis/capital-b-black-styleguide.php

Can't help but think of Animal Farm and Orwell's warnings: They had come to a time when no one dared speak his mind, when fierce, growling dogs roamed everywhere, and when you had to watch your comrades torn to pieces after confessing to shocking crimes.

Cannot help but think of having to master the Chicago style guide for my term papers. And of how racists find.even the most.anodyne of recognition of Black culture an attack on them.

More perplexing is your failure to notice the present.  Black, capitalized, refers to an ethnicity. 

Holly Martins

« Reply #25790 on: April 08, 2022, 04:23:53 PM »

It is nice.that, over in the business forum, my band Colostrum Whirlpool's debut album "Normal Unnoticed" is getting rave reviews.

I found your repertoire derivative of Hydrocephalic Warty Infectious, in spite of the move towards Phil Spector's Wall of Colostrum. 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25791 on: April 08, 2022, 04:38:04 PM »

More perplexing is your failure to notice the present.  Black, capitalized, refers to an ethnicity.
Try to keep track of what argument you are reacting to.
It is confusing trying to separate your virtue signaling from your non sensical mutterings.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25792 on: April 08, 2022, 04:58:00 PM »

It is confusing trying to separate your non sense all mutterings from your... other non sensical mutterings.

Though, to he fair you probably did not read the article le Forrest linked.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25793 on: April 08, 2022, 05:16:23 PM »

Who is Forest?

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25794 on: April 08, 2022, 05:53:07 PM »

One of my favorite people in the Entertainment Industry is Shakira, she does a lot to help the poor children in Colombia, she uses her fame and fortune to help children. I like Shakira a lot, and her music is happy music. I do not speak Spanish, but I still like Shakira.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25795 on: April 08, 2022, 06:03:25 PM »

Who is Forest?
No fish for you, sea lion!
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25796 on: April 08, 2022, 06:11:49 PM »

Who is Forest?
No fish for you, sea lion!
Sorry.  It is Friday and Lent.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25797 on: April 08, 2022, 08:46:05 PM »

From NYT data:
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25798 on: April 08, 2022, 09:43:32 PM »

The past is never dead. It's not even past.

Faulkner

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25799 on: April 08, 2022, 09:50:15 PM »

California is bouncing back. I went for a walk to the post office today and there were nice people and beautiful women the whole way, then the post office was full of beautiful women, and then I went to the grocery store and I scored Mexican marinated chicken for eighty eighty cents per pound. And there was a cool guy who looked like Spielberg and I said "Hi" and he was real nice, you never know, I might have met Spielberg today. And Tommy Lasorda lived in Fullerton, you never know who these people are. I buy groceries with players from the Angels. Anaheim is great.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1718 1719 [1720] 1721 1722 ... 2918