Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1727 1728 [1729] 1730 1731 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742722 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25920 on: April 14, 2022, 10:24:16 AM »

At the Easter Show, cows and bulls have rings thru their noses so a lead can be attached and they led around.

Now women are having rings put thru their noses.
Me not understanding that.

uhhh...

different reason.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile

kidcarter8

• View Profile

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25923 on: April 14, 2022, 11:53:22 AM »

Oh, myyyy......

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/13/politics/wes-moore-baltimore-origin-story-campaign-governor-maryland/index.html
Pretty sure that if he was not in posting jail Red would tell you that you are only interested in the story because he is a black Democrat.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #25924 on: April 14, 2022, 11:54:40 AM »

So sick...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/former-msnbc-host-upset-brooklyn-subway-shooting-suspect-toure
Of course he felt that way. He anticipated reactions like the one you posted yesterday.
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25925 on: April 14, 2022, 12:18:29 PM »

It's not all he does.

He also threatens to hold no hearings for SCOTUS nominees if they retake the Senate, among other venal positions he espouses. And he assures us that if Trump is the nominee he will vote for him and that we should not be surprised.

Right.

Well, I think in the middle of a presidential election, if you have a Senate of the opposite party of the president, you have to go back to the 1880s to find the last time a vacancy was filled, McConnell said.
 So I think it is highly unlikely. In fact, no, I dont think either party if it controlled, if it were different from the president, would confirm a Supreme Court nominee in the middle of an election. What was different in 2020 was we were of the same party as the president.

He's wrong, in a totally self-serving way.

Both Anthony Kennedy (Reagan) and David Souter (George HW Bush) were nominated by Republican Presidents and confirmed by a Democrat-controlled Senate.

It's only the GOP that has refused to do so - and again, he's wrong, but not as wrong. 1895.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25926 on: April 14, 2022, 12:41:12 PM »

It's not all he does.

He also threatens to hold no hearings for SCOTUS nominees if they retake the Senate, among other venal positions he espouses. And he assures us that if Trump is the nominee he will vote for him and that we should not be surprised.

Right.

Well, I think in the middle of a presidential election, if you have a Senate of the opposite party of the president, you have to go back to the 1880s to find the last time a vacancy was filled, McConnell said.
 So I think it is highly unlikely. In fact, no, I dont think either party if it controlled, if it were different from the president, would confirm a Supreme Court nominee in the middle of an election. What was different in 2020 was we were of the same party as the president.

Heads we win, tails you lose.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25927 on: April 14, 2022, 01:46:21 PM »

Kid has gone back to RT to see if they have pre-chewed a retort for him.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25928 on: April 14, 2022, 02:08:39 PM »

Governor Andy Beshear

23 hours

Today we announced the second largest economic development announcement in the history of Kentucky. We are thrilled Envision AESC, the leading EV battery technology company in the world, has picked us, creating 2,000 jobs and cementing our role as a leader in the automotive industry.

--------------

Kentucky can expand their economy by making and selling Kentucky Bourbon to China, and to Mexico and to Latin America, and to Canada, etc. Kentucky can also make and sell canned foods and frozen foods to Canada, and around the world.

One famous company is Kentucky Fried Chicken, KFC is a huge wealthy company. Kentucky can do companies like KFC and they can raise and butcher and export chicken to Canada, etc.

There are a lot of honest ways to make money, and the people can rise above poverty. People need to teach the people of Kentucky how to be entrepreneurs, and the people of Kentucky can be given business loans to start new businesses, etc. 

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25929 on: April 14, 2022, 02:31:00 PM »

Edwards Air Force Base

1 hour

More than 40 years ago, the first-ever space shuttle landed here on Rogers Dry Lake Bed.

On April 12, 1981, the Space Shuttle Columbia (STS-1) launched into orbit from NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, and landed two days later, on April 14, 1981, at Edwards Air Force Base, California. The shuttle was piloted by Test Pilot School graduate, Robert Crippen.

----------

My hometown where I was born built the Space Shuttles, and I had friends and family who worked at Rockwell on the Shuttles. I went to Florida as a kid with the Shuttle Program, and then I came back to California and was able to watch the Shuttle land at Edwards.

I was in Rome, Italy, when the Shuttle Columbia burned up on entry, on February 1st, 2003, it was so sad, and the Italians were great and they all shared their condolences.

I hate to see us go back to old fashioned rockets, I would like to see the USA build awesome new spaceships, they can build the spaceships in Mojave, California.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25930 on: April 14, 2022, 02:46:21 PM »

The Republican Party continued its move farther and farther from the center of America with its withdrawal from the debates commission, decrying its bias - defined in this case to its unwillingness to do everything that the RNC required of it.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/14/politics/rnc-withdraws-from-presidential-debates/index.html

One of its complaints, still, was the attempted 2nd debate which was to be virtual. The wisdom of such a virtual debate has been illustrated since then by Trump's deceit over his COVID diagnosis subsequently, when he was COVID-positive and lied about it to attend the debate.

I hope that the GOP ends up with somebody other than Trump as their nominee, but if they have him it will be interesting watching them try to reposition themselves to get Trump in front of so large an audience without that format/forum.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #25931 on: April 14, 2022, 02:55:05 PM »

It's not all he does.

Right.

He's wrong, in a totally self-serving way.

Both Anthony Kennedy (Reagan) and David Souter (George HW Bush) were nominated by Republican Presidents and confirmed by a Democrat-controlled Senate.

It's only the GOP that has refused to do so - and again, he's wrong, but not as wrong. 1895.
William O. Douglas resignedess than a year before the 1976 presidential election and the Democratic padty controlled the Senate. John Paul Stevens was unanimously confirmed 35 days later.

McConnell is just making up pretend precedents to justify an unprecedented naked political power move. Hidden behind his "go back to the 1880's" remark is the fact that a vacancy in the court had never NOT been brought to a vote by the opposing party in power, ever, before 2016. His justification for confirming Comey Barrett is an admission of the exercise of unprincipled political power, especially since he left the whole "opposing party" stuff out with Garland.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25933 on: April 14, 2022, 03:52:54 PM »

I used to have a tile from the Space Shuttle, you could hold a Bic lighter to it but it never got hot. I wish I still had that, a tile from the Space Shuttle would be cool souvenir to have.

Salute,

Tony V.

Holly Martins

« Reply #25934 on: April 14, 2022, 03:58:15 PM »

http://www.salon.com/2022/04/14/elon-musks-to-takeover-twitter--not-cancel-culture---are-ruining-discourse/

Sharp.  Ties in with Jonathan Haidt piece in The Atlantic I linked yesterday.  These troll dominant platforms make people stupider.  And favor Musk's simplistic style of thinking. 
Pages: 1 ... 1727 1728 [1729] 1730 1731 ... 2918