Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1729 1730 [1731] 1732 1733 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 742786 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #25950 on: April 15, 2022, 12:02:12 PM »

The Arkansas school district quote is cool, but confusing on the math.  I think you would save more than 1.6 kilowatt-hours in three years.  1.6 kwh runs your bathroom space heater for an hour.  1.6 kilowatts is just the rate at which you used energy running it, i.e. 1600 Joules per second.  So what I think the poster means is that the school district saved the energy required to run a space heater every second of those three years.  Or 1.6 KWH every hour.  Which means they saved 42000 KWH.  Since the cost of a KWH in Arkansas is around ten cents, they saved $4200 in three years.  So, again, the math seems off.

Pretty sure it is just missing the word "million" from its sentence.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25951 on: April 15, 2022, 01:01:56 PM »

Edwards Air Force Base

1 hour

More than 40 years ago, the first-ever space shuttle landed here on Rogers Dry Lake Bed.

On April 12, 1981, the Space Shuttle Columbia (STS-1) launched into orbit from NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, and landed two days later, on April 14, 1981, at Edwards Air Force Base, California. The shuttle was piloted by Test Pilot School graduate, Robert Crippen.

----------

My hometown where I was born built the Space Shuttles, and I had friends and family who worked at Rockwell on the Shuttles. I went to Florida as a kid with the Shuttle Program, and then I came back to California and was able to watch the Shuttle land at Edwards.

I was in Rome, Italy, when the Shuttle Columbia burned up on entry, on February 1st, 2003, it was so sad, and the Italians were great and they all shared their condolences.

I hate to see us go back to old fashioned rockets, I would like to see the USA build awesome new spaceships, they can build the spaceships in Mojave, California.

Salute,

Tony V.

New space ships to Mars?
Sure...in the future.
Meanwhile...

In Kentucky, 644,540 people are facing hunger - and of them 179,030 are children. 1 in 6 children face hunger. People facing hunger in Kentucky are estimated to report needing $302,792,000 more per year to meet their food needs.

We can do it all at once Bambu, we can have our spaceships and we can also help the poor.

The poor people in the world love our space programs in the United States, when we sent a man to the moon everyone around the world cheered, and it makes people feel like anything is possible. If we can put a man on the moon, then a person can start a successful company and escape poverty. Our space programs help to raise the self esteem of all people, and our space programs help to encourage all people to dream big dreams.

And many useful items have been invented from our space programs.

On the issue of Kentucky, I have been trying to help Kentucky with my computer, I have been sending messages to the Governor of Kentucky on Facebook, and to others, and I have been trying to expand trade between Kentucky and Mexico, and between Kentucky and Canada. I have been trying to help everyone with my computer.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25952 on: April 15, 2022, 01:34:47 PM »

Our poor states need to really study and learn and grow, and they need to learn electronics, and they need to learn about computers, and they need to learn about technology.

MIT is one of the top schools in the world, poor people from Kentucky can study hard, and they can go to MIT, and then they can start new companies in Kentucky after they graduate from MIT.

People from Kentucky can also go to the best cooking schools in the world, and then they can go back to Kentucky and they can make and sell frozen and canned foods to Canada, etc. 

And Kentucky can expand trade with Canada and with Mexico.

The poor people of Kentucky also need to have access to business loans, with the SBA, and with the Bank of New York, etc. There is also the Export - Import Bank of the United States for people who do exports.

New York can help to create jobs in Kentucky, there were people at the Twin Towers who could have helped, but we still have good people in New York who know how to create jobs in poor states, and who know how to expand trade.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 01:36:56 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25953 on: April 15, 2022, 02:43:29 PM »

Edwards Air Force Base

1 hour

More than 40 years ago, the first-ever space shuttle landed here on Rogers Dry Lake Bed.

On April 12, 1981, the Space Shuttle Columbia (STS-1) launched into orbit from NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, and landed two days later, on April 14, 1981, at Edwards Air Force Base, California. The shuttle was piloted by Test Pilot School graduate, Robert Crippen.

----------

My hometown where I was born built the Space Shuttles, and I had friends and family who worked at Rockwell on the Shuttles. I went to Florida as a kid with the Shuttle Program, and then I came back to California and was able to watch the Shuttle land at Edwards.

I was in Rome, Italy, when the Shuttle Columbia burned up on entry, on February 1st, 2003, it was so sad, and the Italians were great and they all shared their condolences.

I hate to see us go back to old fashioned rockets, I would like to see the USA build awesome new spaceships, they can build the spaceships in Mojave, California.

Salute,

Tony V.

New space ships to Mars?
Sure...in the future.
Meanwhile...

In Kentucky, 644,540 people are facing hunger - and of them 179,030 are children. 1 in 6 children face hunger. People facing hunger in Kentucky are estimated to report needing $302,792,000 more per year to meet their food needs.

We can do it all at once Bambu, we can have our spaceships and we can also help the poor.

The poor people in the world love our space programs in the United States, when we sent a man to the moon everyone around the world cheered, and it makes people feel like anything is possible. If we can put a man on the moon, then a person can start a successful company and escape poverty. Our space programs help to raise the self esteem of all people, and our space programs help to encourage all people to dream big dreams.

And many useful items have been invented from our space programs.

On the issue of Kentucky, I have been trying to help Kentucky with my computer, I have been sending messages to the Governor of Kentucky on Facebook, and to others, and I have been trying to expand trade between Kentucky and Mexico, and between Kentucky and Canada. I have been trying to help everyone with my computer.

Salute,

Tony V.

You deserve a special award...a special medal even.
It's more than some people seem to do to get a Nobel Peace Prize.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25954 on: April 15, 2022, 02:53:17 PM »

Our poor states need to really study and learn and grow, and they need to learn electronics, and they need to learn about computers, and they need to learn about technology.

MIT is one of the top schools in the world, poor people from Kentucky can study hard, and they can go to MIT, and then they can start new companies in Kentucky after they graduate from MIT.

People from Kentucky can also go to the best cooking schools in the world, and then they can go back to Kentucky and they can make and sell frozen and canned foods to Canada, etc. 

And Kentucky can expand trade with Canada and with Mexico.

The poor people of Kentucky also need to have access to business loans, with the SBA, and with the Bank of New York, etc. There is also the Export - Import Bank of the United States for people who do exports.

New York can help to create jobs in Kentucky, there were people at the Twin Towers who could have helped, but we still have good people in New York who know how to create jobs in poor states, and who know how to expand trade.

Salute,

Tony V.

Indeed.
The first thing they need though is more food...like today.
Surely there's a special fund Joe can tap into to get more food to Kentucky now.
American honey, on American toast, made with American ingredients.
Loaves of bread could be churned out of the American Bread Co [owned by the federal govt] by the millions...above what could be made by local bread companies.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25955 on: April 15, 2022, 02:57:58 PM »

There are many good things we do, and many more, sufficient to the scale of the problem, which we could do that are blocked by our conservatives.

Republicans are evil. That is why people starve in places like Kentucky.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25956 on: April 15, 2022, 03:00:41 PM »

MIT admitted 4.1% of applicants to their 2021-22 freshman class. In any given year, more than 70,000 students are seniors in KY's high schools. MIT only has ~1200 first year students.

It's a fine place, but relying on MIT undergrads (or grad students) to solve Kentucky's issues seems, shall we say, unwise.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25957 on: April 15, 2022, 03:02:09 PM »

Surely there's a special fund Joe can tap into to get more food to Kentucky now.

Still not king.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25958 on: April 15, 2022, 03:18:36 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25959 on: April 15, 2022, 05:19:42 PM »

Good Pesach to those who celebrate.

And by next year, may all be free.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25961 on: April 15, 2022, 10:40:51 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25962 on: April 15, 2022, 10:44:15 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minnesota-sheriff-video-shooting-woman-point-gun-deputy

McConnell lies.

Kid quotes him.

The facts are provided (and can be looked up).

Kid ignores it, as usual.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25963 on: April 15, 2022, 11:50:53 PM »

An Unintended Consequence of Forgiving Student Debt by the WSJ

https://archive.ph/b8AKp

Will enough young folks sign up for the military if they no longer need to pay off student debt?!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25964 on: April 16, 2022, 10:40:50 AM »

An Unintended Consequence of Forgiving Student Debt by the WSJ

https://archive.ph/b8AKp

Will enough young folks sign up for the military if they no longer need to pay off student debt?!

There will always be enough recruits who want a Dodge Hellcat...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1729 1730 [1731] 1732 1733 ... 2918