Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1754 1755 [1756] 1757 1758 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743755 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26325 on: April 26, 2022, 02:28:06 PM »

I remember when President George H.W. Bush wanted America to be kinder, and gentler, and I still agree with that.
A kinder, gentler machine gun hand, maybe.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26326 on: April 26, 2022, 02:39:48 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26328 on: April 26, 2022, 05:08:18 PM »

It costs over one million dollars for a home in the OC now, I am grateful to have a home, and I have a swimming pool, in a gated community, I am blessed, and I have a film school that is only ten miles away where I can go to meet new people and to get help and to attend workshops, etc, and I can volunteer to act in student films, etc. I have a lot of blessings.

Sure, we have had some problems here, and there are some issues, but overall it is a good community and the good people can work together to resolve the issues and to improve the area. The only problem is that the older generation is getting old, and they are retiring and dying, and the next generation is not taking over properly. We need to be active participants in our communities, and we need to make the public servants work for us, instead of allowing corrupt politicians to undermine our communities.

And we need to be able to pump life into our communities, we need to be able to bring in a movie studio, and a Barnes and Noble Bookstore, and a theatre like the Pantages in Hollywood, etc. The same way that they are taking movie jobs to Georgia we need to bring movie jobs to Anaheim, we can make films and television shows right here in Anaheim.

And we have Disneyland. It is expensive, and it costs $200 per day, but it is a great place, and we are lucky to have Disneyland. And we need to bring the citizens of Anaheim closer to the Walt Disney Company, and we need to prepare our youth for opportunities working for Disney, and not only minimum wage at Disneyland but also good paying higher level jobs as writers for Disney, and executives, etc, we need for the citizens of Anaheim to be able to get the good jobs with Disney.

Anaheim is great, like Orlando, Florida, only we are lucky because we have Hollywood, and here in the OC we have a film school ten miles from my apartment, we are blessed. Orlando does not have the Dodge Film School at Chapman like we do, it is one of the best film schools in the world.

The OC is great, I just need to shake off the depression and anxiety and all of my other issues, and I need to try to make the most out of where I am now and try to take advantage of whatever opportunities are here.

So, maybe this week I will ride my bicycle to the film school and have lunch. I keep talking about going there for lunch, and I need to do it. And I am blessed to live here, I just cannot buy into the negativity, nothing good comes from a negative attitude, California is great, and the OC is great, I am blessed, and I just need to get out and find and connect with some good positive people to do positive things.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26329 on: April 26, 2022, 05:23:19 PM »

Logical consequences:

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26331 on: April 26, 2022, 05:44:12 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26332 on: April 26, 2022, 05:46:58 PM »

At AVC there are programs to train people for aerospace jobs, if you complete the training then there is a 90% chance you will get hired in the aerospace industry.

We can do the same thing here in Orange County for jobs working for the Walt Disney Company. There can be programs at our community colleges, etc, to prepare the people of Orange County for jobs working for Disney. If you complete the program then there can be a 90% chance to get hired for a good high paying job working for Disney. Our high schools here in Anaheim can also help to prepare students for the good paying jobs with the Walt Disney Company.

We also need a new movie studio here in Anaheim, and graduates of the Dodge Film School at Chapman can go to work at a new future movie studio in Anaheim. USC film school is also close by, and they are the best in the world.

We need to connect our neighborhoods in Anaheim to Disney, and our youth can have a bright future working for Disney. Instead of drugs, and crime, and gangs, they can be dreamers with creative imaginations and special training who can work for Disney.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 05:48:51 PM by FlyingVProd »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26333 on: April 26, 2022, 08:33:04 PM »

It is a hoot listening to the Left meltdown over Musk buying Twitter.
Especially since Twitter has been a poorly run company appealing to a meager 20 per cent of Americans.
No one knows what Musk will do with it , but maybe, just maybe he will adhere to the enduring principles of Milton Friedman

there is one and only one social responsibility of business to use its resources and engage in activities designed to increase its profits so long as it stays within the rules of the game, which is to say, engages in open and free competition without deception or fraud.

when companies concern themselves with the community rather than profit it leads to totalitarianism.
businessmenwith a social conscience are unwitting puppets of the intellectual forces that have been undermining the basis of a free society.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26334 on: April 26, 2022, 08:41:29 PM »

In the USA it used to be that the men were heads of industry, like the Rockefellers, and the Vanderbilts, and like Henry Ford, and others, while their wives took care of the charity and took care of helping the poor in the community.

In the old days there were two main places in America, there was the tavern for the men, and there was church for the women. The men discussed business at the tavern while the wives did charity work with the churches.

With Bezos, his ex wife is giving money away, and that is the American way. The men make the money, and the wives give the money away to charity and towards helping the community.

Of note, Ben Franklin was one of my favorite Americans, and he helped our country, plus he did business and made money.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26335 on: April 26, 2022, 09:02:47 PM »

It is a hoot listening to the Left meltdown over Musk buying Twitter.
Especially since Twitter has been a poorly run company appealing to a meager 20 per cent of Americans.
No one knows what Musk will do with it , but maybe, just maybe he will adhere to the enduring principles of Milton Friedman

there is one and only one social responsibility of business to use its resources and engage in activities designed to increase its profits so long as it stays within the rules of the game, which is to say, engages in open and free competition without deception or fraud.

when companies concern themselves with the community rather than profit it leads to totalitarianism.
businessmenwith a social conscience are unwitting puppets of the intellectual forces that have been undermining the basis of a free society.

meh

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26337 on: April 26, 2022, 09:54:22 PM »

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26338 on: April 26, 2022, 11:55:04 PM »

Meanwhile, Kevin McCarthy cannot stop lying.

This time it's about Merrick Garland, claiming that the AG called parents who wanted to go to school committee meetings terrorists.

Of course, what Garland said was the opposite of that, that he could not see a circumstance in which he would think of them as such.

Will McCarthy back down? Nope. Not a chance - it distracts from some of his other lies, after all.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26339 on: April 27, 2022, 03:39:44 AM »

Yes, vaccines are racist.  the flag is racist, the anthem is racist, America the Beautiful is racist, patriots are racist,
everyone and everything that's not from the Left is racist.

Now that Kamala Harris has Covid, Covid is likely racist too.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.
Pages: 1 ... 1754 1755 [1756] 1757 1758 ... 2918