Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1758 1759 [1760] 1761 1762 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743827 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26385 on: April 29, 2022, 01:13:31 PM »

Florida judge who ruled on masks fucked up. Why? Like many on the right, she can't read English!

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/mask-mandate-florida-judge-ruling-covid-20220427.html

At a guess, given that this perspective was unmentioned in the judge's ruling, it is less that she can't read English and more that she refused to acknowledge the truth of the argument because it ran counter to the ruling she wished to make.

The excuse was given her and she seized upon it.

heh

Yeah, that must be it
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26386 on: April 29, 2022, 01:19:46 PM »

Yup. It is the same reason Abbott attacks the US economy with acts of sabotage at the border.

The republican death cult hates free people and a free country
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26387 on: April 29, 2022, 01:48:45 PM »

Florida judge who ruled on masks fucked up. Why? Like many on the right, she can't read English!

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/mask-mandate-florida-judge-ruling-covid-20220427.html

At a guess, given that this perspective was unmentioned in the judge's ruling, it is less that she can't read English and more that she refused to acknowledge the truth of the argument because it ran counter to the ruling she wished to make.

The excuse was given her and she seized upon it.

heh

Yeah, that must be it

Got a better rationale?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26388 on: April 29, 2022, 01:49:19 PM »

Cawthorne, Taylor-Greene and Chip Roy are voting with Ocasio-Cortez, Tlaib, and Omar.

What are the odds?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26389 on: April 29, 2022, 02:20:50 PM »

Not only is their missile environmentally friendly, all by itself, but it reduces the carbon footprint of the plane it has destroyed. That it eliminates the energy use by whatever flight crew there may have been is just gravy.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26390 on: April 29, 2022, 02:45:37 PM »

In other stunning corporate news:

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26392 on: April 29, 2022, 08:42:56 PM »

While the US reduces coal use;

China and India produce almost 60% of the world's coal, and are expected to increase their production by more that 200 million tonnes per year, collectively.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/future-of-global-coal-production-2021-2024f/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 08:46:11 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26393 on: April 29, 2022, 09:37:27 PM »

While the US reduces coal use;

China and India produce almost 60% of the world's coal, and are expected to increase their production by more that 200 million tonnes per year, collectively.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/future-of-global-coal-production-2021-2024f/

As of November, China put out 12 million tons per DAY and India another 2 million.

So... if they increase their annual output by 200 million per year, that's just under 4%.

Plus, according to your link, the US plus the EU will see a drop of about 86 million combined.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26394 on: April 29, 2022, 09:51:26 PM »

Where would you take a beautiful woman on a romantic vacation, would you go to Positano, Italy, or Santorini, Greece?

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26395 on: April 29, 2022, 10:50:36 PM »

Where would you take a beautiful woman on a romantic vacation, would you go to Positano, Italy, or Santorini, Greece?

Salute,

Tony V.

I would usually ask her where she wanted to go and unless it was somewhere I did not care for, we'd follow her whim.

Left up to me, probably the White Mountains if she liked nature and quiet.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26396 on: April 30, 2022, 02:25:00 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

I would usually ask her where she wanted to go and unless it was somewhere I did not care for, we'd follow her whim.

Left up to me, probably the White Mountains if she liked nature and quiet.

I will have to research to learn about the White Mountains, and yes, it is good to see where the woman wants to go.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26397 on: April 30, 2022, 02:38:38 PM »

My local councilman here in Anaheim, Councilman Dr Jose F. Moreno, has been warning the citizens of Anaheim that we are losing Anaheim, and that the people of Anaheim need to rise up and work together as a team to save Anaheim or we are going to lose what we have.

One issue is Angel Stadium, Mayor Harry Sidhu is trying to sell Angel Stadium for far less than what it is worth, Dr Jose F. Moreno says that it is like you inherit a house and they try to give your children a bicycle instead of giving you your house. And they pulled a scam and tried to make it look like the only ones who are against the sale are the homeless people, and that is wrong, Angel Stadium belongs to all of the people of Anaheim including the homeowners and business owners. The citizens of Anaheim need to stand up and work together as a team, or we are going to lose Angel Stadium as a community asset.

Also, Councilman Dr Jose F. Moreno wants the citizens to stand up and to fight for funds for the children from our budget from our General Fund, there are special interests working to get funding for their stuff while no one is fighting for funding for the children. So, we need for the citizens of Anaheim to work together to secure funding for projects for the children.

We have Kiwanis which can help to fight for the children...

Kiwanis International

1 hour

Kiwanis is serious about youth protection. That is why we have created a toll-free, confidential helpline that can be used 24 hours a day by Kiwanis family members and the youth we serve. To access the U.S. helpline, call 866-607-SAFE (7233).

Learn more: https://bit.ly/31Y51Rn

---
The refugees need to have the telephone number for Kiwanis if they need help.

And Kiwanis can help to work to help the children of Anaheim.

We need for our people to rise up and to own our City and to keep our assets such as Angel Stadium, and to help our children.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 02:40:24 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26398 on: April 30, 2022, 04:02:03 PM »

My hometown was ruined by special interests, they built a prison right in the middle of my hometown and they called it "job creation" and a bunch of ignorant meatheads were over-paid to be prison guards, it is all bullshit, we should not have let it happen. Then they moved in low class people from the worst areas to my hometown, so now they have a prison and a bunch of scummy people.

My hometown was an educated and classy area, we built the Space Shuttles, and the U2, and the B 1 Bomber, and the Stealth Bomber, etc, we had educated and classy people in the desert, and my hometown was like a resort like Palm Springs, I grew up in a house with a swimming pool and it was nice. I had beautiful women to come over and swim, it was great. We had low crime, it was nice.

My hometown had smart people, they should have built a new medical school, and they could have trained doctors, and they could build a research hospital to search for a cure for cancer, etc. That would have been positive growth.

And building a new movie studio is job creation, a lot of people love to film in the desert, and the desert could use a new state of the art movie studio. AVC could train people to work at the new studio.

And they used to build Camaros in Van Nuys, they could open a new factory in Van Nuys building electric Corvettes, etc, that would be good job creation.

Special interests will put all of the money into hiring cops and building prisons and into security, that is what happens, the police unions, etc, are lobbying for all of the funds. So, we need for Kiwanis International and others to lobby for the children, and communities need to fight to get healthy growth. If you let special interests take over then all of the money is going to go to cops and prisons. While the foreign companies buy everything and while the Americans become homeless in their own hometowns.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26399 on: April 30, 2022, 04:28:54 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 1758 1759 [1760] 1761 1762 ... 2918