Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Should the US be concerned about an invasion of Ukraine by Russia?

Very
- 6 (50%)
Some
- 4 (33.3%)
Not sure
- 0 (0%)
Not really
- 1 (8.3%)
Not in the slightest
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 15, 2022, 10:51:36 AM

Pages: 1 ... 1759 1760 [1761] 1762 1763 ... 2918

Author Topic: Biden Administration  (Read 743896 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Biden Administration
« Reply #26400 on: April 30, 2022, 04:50:27 PM »

The people are as good as their causes are just.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26401 on: April 30, 2022, 06:03:59 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26402 on: April 30, 2022, 07:08:50 PM »

Where would you take a beautiful woman on a romantic vacation, would you go to Positano, Italy, or Santorini, Greece?

Salute,

Tony V.

For westerners...somewhere within their own countries would be best.
A woman might consider a cabin in the mountains a romantic vacation.
...or a campervan holiday.

Of course, the only romantic vacation a man [guess he's paying] should be taking a woman on...is one he can easily afford from his 'holiday' savings account.
The last thing a man should be doing is trying to take a woman with expensive tastes .....who is 'poor' herself and thinks she's an exalted goddess who deserves to have her every expensive whim catered for by the "poor' man providing the vacation.....to somewhere he can't afford.

Assuming the beautiful woman is not married to, or is not the official partner of the man, then the cost increases because separate rooms would need to be booked.

XXX

Romantic interludes or romantic vacations with a woman/women who are not one's wife or official sole partner?
No thank you...rape trials are everywhere in bambuworld.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 07:26:54 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26403 on: April 30, 2022, 08:22:13 PM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26404 on: April 30, 2022, 08:28:20 PM »

Bambu, you are right in that you need to find a woman who is going to be your soul mate for life, then everything is safe.

And I have been watching Mahlagha Jaberi traveling all around the world, she shares photos of herself in beautiful locations around the world. I would love to travel with her, and of course I would love to do charity work as I traveled.

And yes, money is an issue, but I have a movie script that I wrote, and I wrote a poetry book. I can also do other stuff. And if I had a good wife like Mahlagha Jaberi then she could have her own brand of French perfume to sell, and whatever she wants. And she seems smart, maybe she can help to write and produce films and television shows with me, and run a night club in Rome, and a vineyard in Tuscany, etc.

Meanwhile I need to go about finding out how to make my movie, and to make it be a success. I need Ariana Grande to star in my movie, then it could make two hundred million dollars in the first year, and we can put other stars in the movie with Ariana, we can have Kristen Stewart and Mila Kunis, and Margot Robbie, and other stars in my movie. We can get Julie Hutchinson to do the casting. And then if my movie is a hit then everyone is going to want to read my poetry book. And the door will be open for other projects.

This is Hollywood after all, and I have  a film school ten miles away. I am going to go have lunch at the film school eventually.

And I have been trying to communicate with Mahlagha Jaberi on Facebook, but she has many men trying to communicate with her, and I am afraid she does not even notice me. But, if I made a hit film starring Ariana Grande, then Mahlagha Jaberi would notice me.

Mahlagha Jaberi is the kind of woman you can take to the Oscars and to the Oscar parties and have fun with, and she would be fun to travel with, she is the kind of woman I need.

I used to want to date Princess Charlotte Casiraghi and I sent her emails for a long time, but she never responded and now she is married to another guy.

I will be set financially if I make my movie and publish my poetry book. And then I want to date a woman like Mahlagha Jaberi and I want to take her to the best and most romantic places.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 08:38:55 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26405 on: April 30, 2022, 09:20:10 PM »

Assemblymember Wendy Carrillo is at California State Capitol.

42 minutes

Sacramento, CA 

It was wonderful to welcome and introduce Father Greg Boyle, founder of Homeboy Industries on the Assembly floor and this past week and share some time with my colleagues and Speaker Anthony Rendon. Homeboy Industries is the largest gang rehabilitation and re-entry program in the world. I am honored to call him a friend.

We imagine a world without prisons and then we try to create that world. - Father G

----

We need to connect Homeboy Industries with Habitat For Humanity, and the members of Homeboy Industries can help to build housing for our many homeless people. We can bring in great architects and they can build wonderful, fun housing that they can be proud of. They can also lay cobblestone streets, and they can do landscaping, and they can plant trees, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26406 on: April 30, 2022, 09:50:33 PM »

Madison Cawthorn seems to be in more hot water.

https://www.newsweek.com/madison-cawthorn-stephen-smith-venmo-messages-1702112

a) I don't care with whom Cawthorn has a relationship, except

b) With a staff member is inappropriate,

c) and with said staff member who (1) went on your honeymoon with you and your wife and (2) who is living with you still (though you and your wife broke up seems dubious, at best.

d) Not reporting the money involved violates a bunch of Congressional standards.

But how did they get access to his Venmo?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #26408 on: May 01, 2022, 12:41:29 PM »

Here we go again

President Biden has nominated Nusrat Choudhury as a district judge in the Brooklyn-based Eastern District of New York.
What are her outstanding credentials?
According to Biden she would be
the first Bangladeshi-American, the first Muslim-American woman, and only the second Muslim-American person to serve as a federal judge.

You know, that diversity thingy.

But then before the Senate Judiciary Committee she quickly was exposed,
especially under questioning by GOP Senator John Kennedy:

Kennedy:
In 2015, you were on a panel at Princeton University. You said that the killing of unarmed black men by police happens every day in America. Did you say that?
Choudhury: Senator I do not  recall the statement but it is something I may have said in that context.
Kennedy: You think it happens every single day?
Choudhury:
Senator, I believe in that ,in that statement, I was making a comment in my role as an advocate and I was engaging in rhetorical advocacy which
Kennedy: Do you believe that police officers kill unarmed black men every day? In America?]
Choudhury:
Senator, I believe the killing of unarmed citizens by law enforcement is tragic and I believe in that
Kennedy:
Do you believe that cops kill an unarmed black man in America every single day? You said that at Princeton.[
Choudhury:
Senator, I said it in my role as an advocate
Kennedy:
[You did not mean it?
Choudhury:
Senator, I said it in my role as an advocate to make a rhetorical point

Kennedy:

I just think that is an extraordinary statement to make with no data to back up. None whatsoever. There is no basis for you saying that. And you knew it then and you know it now. How could someone possibly believe that you are going to be unbiased on the federal bench.?

I wonder if that is also a question for the new Biden Ministry of Truth?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 12:50:30 PM by Espnthree »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26409 on: May 01, 2022, 01:39:55 PM »

c) and with said staff member who (1) went on your honeymoon with you and your wife and (2) who is living with you still (though you and your wife broke up seems dubious, at best.

d) Not reporting the money involved violates a bunch of Congressional standards.

You cant attack a man in a wheelchair and get away with it.

Oh, wait - that's right - you can - you're a Dem.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #26410 on: May 01, 2022, 02:04:51 PM »

Here we go again

President Biden has nominated Nusrat Choudhury as a district judge in the Brooklyn-based Eastern District of New York.
What are her outstanding credentials?
According to Biden she would be
the first Bangladeshi-American, the first Muslim-American woman, and only the second Muslim-American person to serve as a federal judge.

You know, that diversity thingy.

But then before the Senate Judiciary Committee she quickly was exposed,
especially under questioning by GOP Senator John Kennedy:

Kennedy:
In 2015, you were on a panel at Princeton University. You said that the killing of unarmed black men by police happens every day in America. Did you say that?
Choudhury: Senator I do not  recall the statement but it is something I may have said in that context.
Kennedy: You think it happens every single day?
Choudhury:
Senator, I believe in that ,in that statement, I was making a comment in my role as an advocate and I was engaging in rhetorical advocacy which
Kennedy: Do you believe that police officers kill unarmed black men every day? In America?]
Choudhury:
Senator, I believe the killing of unarmed citizens by law enforcement is tragic and I believe in that
Kennedy:
Do you believe that cops kill an unarmed black man in America every single day? You said that at Princeton.[
Choudhury:
Senator, I said it in my role as an advocate
Kennedy:
[You did not mean it?
Choudhury:
Senator, I said it in my role as an advocate to make a rhetorical point

Kennedy:

I just think that is an extraordinary statement to make with no data to back up. None whatsoever. There is no basis for you saying that. And you knew it then and you know it now. How could someone possibly believe that you are going to be unbiased on the federal bench.?

She knows Shira law. Sleepy Joe is building up the minority vote but creating animosity and concern. Even his minority VP thinks he is going too far on the left fork. Just stay home!
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26411 on: May 01, 2022, 02:18:08 PM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26412 on: May 01, 2022, 02:19:43 PM »

Kennedy: [/b]

Kennedy was dead wrong. He should do his homework before grandstanding.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

As a republican, Kennedy is representing scum who only worship lies. In that sense he was only doing his job.

The GOP are liars
All they do is lie
That is why its time to hang them
Hang them out to dry

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #26413 on: May 01, 2022, 03:21:18 PM »

You cant attack a man in a wheelchair and get away with it.

Oh, wait - that's right - you can - you're a Dem.

You cant defend a man who, from his sexual assaults to his role in insurrection, is a career criminal.

Oh, wait - that is right - you can. You are a confederate Nazi parading as a republican.

We never did find out who has been grooming this altar boy to your cause at their coke orgies and with key bumps in the parking garage.

Max Cleland sends his regards.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26414 on: May 01, 2022, 03:28:45 PM »

Today is May 1st, which is also known as May Day.

When I was a child in Oregon I had a teacher in school who had us celebrate May Day by making baskets filled with flowers, and then we would take a basket of flowers and put it by someone's door and ring the door-bell and run and hide, when the person opened the door then the person would find a basket of flowers. It was cool. A lot of the teachers in Oregon back then were flower children, and that teacher was all about peace, and love, and flowers.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1759 1760 [1761] 1762 1763 ... 2918